XIX. Worry.

Always in my mind

“It's Friday! It's Friday!” Oh Heejun, one of the youngest around them, hummed.

“Yeah, and so what?” Kim Namjoon answered him with a cold voice.

“Well, Friday means week-end. And week-end means sleeping and hanging out in town.”

 

Namjoon sighed and Jaemin smiled as she rolled her eyes.

 

“Sleeping my ,” Namjoon muttered under his breath, “it's because you're a newbie who spend his day into the kitchen! Us, as real soldiers, we are going on a special mission.”

“Aren't we already on a special mission?”

 

Namjoon looked at Jaemin while biting his lips. Because she knew him very well and knew what he was thinking about, she simply shrugged and smiled not so innocently.

 

“Well, at least he knows what he is here for,” she said.

 

The lieutenant didn't answer and looked at the newbie which was still enjoying himself next to them, waiting for the other newbies to join him so that they would start their week-end all together.

 

“Are you ready?” Namjoon asked Jaemin.

“Yes, sir,” she answered.

“Alright, let's go.”

 

They went out of the tent, Heejun greeting them with the military salute and they entered the very private zone, where only a few of them had an access. Here, the captain Kim was already waiting for them with five of their colleagues. They all got equipped and stayed in a perfect line in front of the captain, waiting for his orders.

 

“You need to stay at least by two, never go alone on the field. You don't have the right to shot first, only if you're under attack. Understand?”

“Yes, captain,” they said with one voice.

“If you follow my orders, everything is going to be alright. Am I clear?”

“Yes, captain.”

“Let's go now.”

 

They all got into a special truck which took them on their secret destination.

 

“Aren't you scared?” Junmyeon mumbled into Jaemin's hear, making sure no one was hearing him.

“It's my job, it's my choice,” she answered automatically, not even flinching.

“I'll protect you,” he said, “you don't have to worry.”

“I do not, captain, I'm not worried,” she admitted.

 

Junmyeon smiled and took her hand in his, yet he made sure no one was able to see it.