Chapter 62

My Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

 

I can't sleep. Its late night and I should be sleeping but here I am sitting on my bed and staring at my girlfriend's number on my phone and I'm feeling hesitant to press the call button.

 

I think I've been like this for hours already. I wanna ask Jungie about what’s  the problem coz obviously even if say it's nothing I have a strong feeling that everything is not ok and I'm feeling anxious about it.

 

I can feel it every time she's with me and she'll become sensitive. She won't be like that for nothing right? Why can't she tell me everything?

 

And Grandma's being nonchalant to things is really suspicious.

 

I had a strong feeling that Jungie didn't tell me everything about her meeting with grandma.

 

I sighed.

 

How would I make Jungie confess? This is actually nerve wrecking.

 

It's actually more stressing than determining the right chords for our assignment. I can help but to think too much.

 

I decided to go downstairs to have some water I need to refresh myself stress is not good for my brain cells and I'm just going to be pretty instead of beautiful.

 

Argghh why am I saying irrelevant thing?

 

I think I'm going crazy now.

 

I go to the kitchen and I saw Suzy sitting on the kitchen counter while drinking milk and I also think that she's deep in her thoughts coz she staring at err

 

Whatever she's staring at.

 

"Hey do we run out of chairs now?" I said now she notices my presence.

 

"It's more comfortable to sit here though" She said and I join her to sit on the counter.

 

"It's late night now yet you're still awake and it seems like you're deep in your thoughts" I said and drink my water.

 

"I can't sleep Lee Areum keeps disturbing my peaceful mind" she said.

 

I laugh at her and she just glared at me.

 

"Why are you thinking of Areumie? Do you like her sis?" I playfully ask.

 

"WHAT me? Likes Lee Areum?" She said

 

"Why? I'm just asking. I know Areumie is not your type..well actually you don't have a type at all." I said and she hit my arms.

 

"Ouch that hurts. Why you keep thinking of Areum then?" I ask while rubbing my arms.

 

"She said she don't wanna be my friend"

 

Well I could understand why she don't wanna be your friend coz she likes more than that.

 

"And her reason was because she don't like Ailee because she thinks she's insincere but Ailee is doing well. I can see that she's really working hard to earn my trust" She said

 

"Sis, it's too early to say that Ailee is really showing you her true intention. It's just been days. I'm not telling that what Areum's saying is true but don't trust Ailee so easily. I don't want you to end up being hurt and I think Areumie thinks the same" I said.

 

Well I can't tell my sister that Areum likes her that’s why she's acting that way.

 

"But Jiyeonnie to whom will Areum confess?" She asks.

 

I smirked.

 

"Why are you so interested do you like Areum?" I .

 

"Yah! I was just asking coz all of you knows while I don't that’s unfair" She said and pout.

 

"Sis, you'll know it in the right time. Just go easy on Areumie don't make things hard for her" I said and tap her shoulder.

 

"How as I making things hard for her? I don't remember making things hard for her." She curiously ask

 

"Oh my dear sister. You actually have no idea...I'm going to sleep now you should sleep too and stop thinking of Lee Areum or she will hunt you up to your dreams" I said and smirked she just rolled her eyes.

 

I go back to my room and open the door.

 

It's so dark why I even turned the lights off?

 

I turn the lights on and almost jump when I saw a girl sitting on my bed. I was about to scream but she immediately covered my mouth.

 

"Yah Baby it's me don't shout" She said and remove her hands.

 

I calm myself.

 

"Oh my god Jungie you scared me." I said.

 

"Sorry I just want to see you right now" She said and sits on my bed again.

 

I could sense there's something wrong. I sit beside her and hold her hand.

 

"Jungie what's wrong?" I ask

 

She rests her head on my shoulder while playing with my hand.

 

I'm feeling nervous for her sweetness.

 

"I'll miss holding your hands like this" She said with her cracking voice.

 

Is she crying?

 

"J-jungie w-why are y-you saying that?" I said trying to suppress my tears my voice tremble I feel like there's a lump in my throat.

 

"I'll miss your scent" She said as she snuggles to the crook of my neck and I could feel liquid drops on my bare neck.

 

I cupped her face and make her look at me.

 

I saw her in tears and I can't help but to cry too.

 

"J-jungie w-what's going on? Tell me please" I begged.

 

"J-jiyeon I'm....I'm leaving" She said between her sobs.

 

"I know that already Jungie. You’re going to leave after graduation" I said still not letting go of her face.

 

She shook her head.

 

Why?

 

"I'm leaving after two weeks" She said and I feel like my heart sank..

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter