Cinderella

The Casanova's Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Jungkook's P.O.V

I arrived around the said area around 6:30, just like on how Namjoon had instructed. I walked around the almost empty ballroom in the Grand Ambassador Hotel. I thought the party will be starting around 6:30? Did Namjoon played a cruel trick on me? I took my mask off to make sure I wasn't blinded or whatsoever, and yup. The whole place was half-empty. There were a few girls and guys chatting in a table. But there was one thing on my mind.

Where the heck is Namjoon?

I walked around the ballroom, looking for the guy, my mask being held by my left hand. Namjoon sure does know how to pick a place for parties like these. Taehyung would be coming over as well, huh? But then, Namjoon did say to specifically not worry about it since people would be wearing a mask on.

After a few walks here and there, I finally spotted the guy who I've been dying to see for a couple of minutes.

"Namjoon!" I called out as I quickly rushed to his side. "Did you just lie to me?" I piped, a fake-annoyance evident in my tone of use.

"Jungkook! You're early!" He gave a pat to my head. "And no, I didn't. I just thought it would be better if you would come here earlier. Kinda lonely, don't ya think?"

"Then you could have just asked Hoseok or someone else." I scoffed. 

"Come on, Jungkook, there's no way I'd want Hoseok to keep me company. He particularly talks 24/7, man. I'm telling you!" He exclaimed. "You'd probably get annoyed. And Yoongi? That guy would show up late anyways. Taehyung on the other hand, he told me the other day when I sent in invitations that he would be running late."

Oh, so he is coming one way or another. He's just late. As usual. After all, he probably has other stuffs to take care off.

"Hey, Jungkook, did you bring a mask?" Namjoon quickly shifted the topic elsewhere.

I waved the mask I held on my left hand, "Yup." I gave a cheeky smile.

"Can you put it on for me?" He asked.

I shrugged involuntarily, "Sure, why not." I answered, slipping the mask smoothly through my face. I adjusted the rubberband the held everything on place, loosening it a little. 

"Nice choice. I like it," Namjoon declared, a smile plastered all over his face. "Now you better keep that on, people are beginning to come in." He pointed at the entrance that had a few people coming in back and forth. "Say, why don't you get yourself all seated and comfy there?" He pointed at a table to the right, located near the stage. "I'll meet you there later, yeah? I need to entertain guests. Excuse me."

I gave one last bow to Namjoon before I scurried to the table he pointed earlier. I seated myself in a comfortable position, keeping my mask on. I wonder how things will turn out tonight. I'm kinda excited for this to be honest. It's like a few weight on my shoulders were lifted.

To pass the time, I brought out my phone and decided to play a few games or so. I played Piano Tiles 2. Well, is there another way to pass the time? I'm not usually also the person who would start a conversation first. I find it awkward.

I was tapping my fingers through 'Silent Night', getting the beat pumped up into my nerves when I felt a presence on the opposite side of my table. 

My finger accidentally brushed somewhere causing my whole game to crash. Damn it. I cursed to myself.

Slowly, I lifted my head up only to see a guy in the opposite side of the table. I couldn't really tell who was the guy. He had a mask on and his style did stand out from the rest.

I shifted uncomfortably under my seat. I would occasionally steal glances from time to time. Turning my head somewhere, and turn back to look at him.

"Hey." The guy called out.

I first looked to my side, then to my back, then to my other side. My attention was all over the place and I swear I just heard a chuckle escape from his mouth. 

"Hey 'me'?" I pointed at myself making sure I'm the person he is atleast talking to. It'll be awkward and embarrassing if I would casually say 'Hey' back when it isn't even intended for me.

The guy stiffled a laugh, "Yeah. Hey."

"Hello, sir..." I averted my eyes elsewhere.

"It's better to look at the person in the eye than avert it somewhere, you know." He commented.

Wait! He can actually tell where my eyes are roamed at even though I had a mask on? Creepy guy. His laugh though. It seems familiar. 

"Do I know you?" I blurted out. . I just didn't blurt that out to him, didn't I?

"Oh? What's with the sudden question?" He mused.

I felt a warm heat rising up to my cheeks, as I quickly shook my head for numerous amount of times. "No, no, no. That's not what I meant!" 

"How cute." He chimed. "I'm just messing with you, don't get all too worked up." He assured.

I felt a frown tugging on to my lips, "It's not funny messing around with someone whom you just met."

"And isn't it rude to get mad with someone who you just met? You don't even know them fully. But then, if the person deserved it, why not." He clicked his fingers.

"You're a weird guy... Honestly..." 

"Me? Weird?" He motioned a figure pointing at himself.

"Yeah. Don't get me wrong."

"Then why don't we escape the party and try to know each other better, hm? So I won't come off weird in your eyes. How does that sound?" He inquired.

Well, talking with him isn't that bad, right? It's not like I'd get kidnapped and go through some serious stuffs, right?

"Sure, why not." I agreed. 

"Then shall we?" He stood up from my seat, reaching out a hand for me to hold on to.

"Right!" A sheepish grin formed into my lips, as I tried my best to politely reject his offer of holding hands.

"You're not into these kind of stuffs aren't you?"

"Well, I have someone else so yeah. I'm not into these kind of stuffs." I stuffed both of my hands into my pocket. "I hope you don't view me rude or whatsoever."

"What's the worry?" He gave an assuring smile. "Come on! Don't you want to explore the whole place?"

"Lead the way." I stated. 

And that was his cue.

Kim Namjoon's P.O.V

My eyes followed the two people who left the room. The party hasn't even started. Quickening his move, I see. As a smirk played on my lips, I decided to turn back my attention to the person I was talking to earlier.

"How's the sales doing, Seokjin?" I questioned.

He released a sigh, "It was tough obviously. There's this one heck of a person who just seemed to push things aside. He really needs to consider the burden that's being left on people's shoulders."

"Is that so?" I mused, taking a sip on my drink. "Give that kiddo some rest or space. They probably have a lot of stuffs going on as well."

"It's really troublesome on way or another. It's like this actually," He straightened his posture. "Whenever he had something in his mind or some idea just popped in, he would turn the whole stuff to you and when he gets tired of it, he'll get it back. Ah, really. I'm telling you. If you don't find this troublesome at all, there's clearly something wrong with you.

"Now, isn't this just plain rude? If I were you, you should take a chill pill. You should obviously be used to the actions that guy is doing. You guys are working together, are you not?"

"We are. But he won't try to listen to my opinions on some major stuffs as well which leads so whole loads of mishaps." He complained. "How does one even handle stuffs like these?"

"Take a chill pill, obviously." A guy quickly took a seat next to mine, making a comment in process.

"A chill pill? I doubt there's even pills like those."

"Yoongi?"

"Now, isn't this a surprise. I won't go on telling your name since it would obviously ruined the fun." He drummed his fingers. "Where's the brat?"

"They just left not to long ago. Shame that you missed it. It was clearly... An amusing sight to see. Bored the out already?" 

"Nah, not really." He waved his hand lazily.

"I should have invited your maid then."

"He's on duty, actually." Yoongi informed.

"Now, where on earth did you get that news?"

"I have my sources." Yoongi gave a sly smirk. "Anyways, where were we three at?"

"The chill pill?" I hinted.

"Whatever. Who's this guy?" Yoongi motioned to Seokjin who was seated across me.

"A friend or a trade partner. Whatever it is you would call it."

"Interesting." Yoongi was amused. "Listen here, my friend here is obviously a monster when it comes to sleeping. His snores are hella loud and -- "

"Yoongi, that's enough."

Jeon Jungkook's P.O.V

I was being dragged somewhere by a man who I just met. Take note that I clearly have no idea where the heck are we headed to. Are we goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter