Settled

The Casanova's Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Taehyung's P.O.V

I could feel a smile tugging on my lips with the responses of Kookie. From our little 'are you fine' talk after that phone , went through talking with these other stuffs in life. I learned a thing or so in his life. His a big fan of BigBang, huh? Can't be surprised about that. After all, I met him when he was taking camera shots of Ji-yong. What a fanboy. I gave out a chuckle, "Then maybe we should set up a date to attend one of their concerts someday, hm?" I drummed my fingers over the phone.

[Tae, that would be great, but with this lifestyle, I don't think so... Things have been pretty tough these days and slipping the fact on coming into an upcoming conert isn't a good idea at all. Let's just wait for the time when things began to loosen up a little bit, yeah?]

But just when I was about to respond, the contact of my father flashed on my screen. I huffed in annoyance, of all the times he could call me. I sighed, "Kookie, I need to go. My father is calling me. You know how it goes, right? I'll come by later your apartment, alright?"

[Yeah, sure. Bye, Tae.]

And just by hearing that, I ended the call and hoped on my father's ring. "What is it this time? I was having a talk with someone as well. Buuuut, I am curious to why are you the one who is calling most of the time and mom isn't. Something happened between you two or she was still butthurt from the scenarios I did the last time we met?"

[Taehyung, meet up with me in the cafe near your condominium. And if you did ever make such an excuse that you're busy, I know you're not. I need to talk to you about some things. No objections. We have some catching up to do.]

"But -- "

Damn. Did he just ended the call? I groaned, as I forced myself to sit up straight. I'm not in the mood to talk about stuffs today, but it isn't like I can do anything about it. Lazily, I stood up from my spot and headed towards the bathroom, cleansing the dried up on my chest and thighs. That reminds me, I need to get those sheets washed again. I made a mental note, as I hurriedly dried my wet body with a towel. 

Stepping out of the bathroom, I quickly changed into some lothes appropriate for the events that will be happening this day. Since I'll be crashing in Kookie's place after I meet up with my father, something comfortable and laid-back will do the trick. In one swift, I grabbed my phone and some money, putting it all aside in my pocket, before I headed out with some Nike. 

Since it was the first week of December, I couldn't blame the fact that the weather is a little chilly than usual. I cursed at myself for choosing to walk. Man, I should have used my car. But the cafe is just a few blocks away. Then again, Kookie's apartment is somewhat far and I don't think I can walk that far. Oh well, I could use some excercise or so.

Picking up my pace, it wasn't long 'till I reached the cafe. And there, sitting outside on one of the tables was my father. I took the seat infront of him in one move, letting out a cough as if to let him know I was there. And just like that, my eyes met his. "Daaaad!" I chimed. "It's been awhile since we had this kind of stuff going on right?" I tried to lighten up the gloomy mood, somehow.

"Taehyung, that's an unexpected reaction coming from you." He mused. "Now, let's talk about the stuff we both came here for. The man you brought in that gathering one night, Jeon Jungkook, was it? Are you sure your attention isn't being split into two?"

"Yeah." I answered. "What about him?" I raised a brow, narrowing my eyes slightly. "Also, my attention being split into two isn't happening, obviously. Is that even possible?" I gave a sarcastic laugh. "God, that surprises me actually. Stop butting in with the relationship I have with Kookie."

"The son of the Jeon's, huh. The Jeon's who run such prestige malls around the world. I didn't know you would step up your game. You even gave him a nickname, how sweet." He cooed. "Also, if what's running on your mind right now is me scolding you with the way you swing, you know I have no problems with that at all. I'm just concered that you might be focusing your attention to 'Kookie' to much that you had forgotten all about the company or vise versa."

"Relax, dad. It's not like it would actually happen to me. Besides, shouldn't you be glad for the fact that everything is fine?" I retorted.

A smile made its way to the older man's lips, "I'm just amazed on how you are able to be contented. Well done, Taehyung. Seems like someone stepped up his game."

"And what does that supposed to mean?" 

Man, he's getting in my nerves now.

"Getting into a defensive line? Why is it bad that I'm pleased to find that you're all settled with a guy? Never thought things would go like this someday. Jeon Jungkook isn't that bad."

I could feel my cheeks burning. I swore it must have a shade of red or something. Why on earth would he say things like these in public, god. I wanted to bury my face on the palms of my hand. I'm serious here. Instead, I averted my eyes, and gave out another cough as well. "You done yet? Just to let you know, I don't appreciate the fact that you're saying these stuffs in public."

The said man could only let out a smirk with the reactions that is happening in front of him, "In a rush I see?" He took a sip from his cappucino. "Don't you want to drink a coffee or so, Taehyung? Unless, you do have other plans going around."

"Obviously," I rolled my eyes. "There's no way I'll just sit here the whole day. My will burn due to the heat." I said sarcastically.

"Well?" The man raised a brow, as if trying to urge me to do something.

I raised a brow as well, "Well, what?" 

"Aren't you going to stand up and strut away?"

"God," I slammed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter