Contented

The Casanova's Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Taehyung's P.O.V

Yesterdays events kept on coming back into my head. Damn. I swear I should have brushed it off aside, considering a day had passed and I know I'm insensitive since this relationship isn't supposed to be something serious in my world, but god. This wave of guilt that I felt yesterday is still within the depth of my veins, tugging an ache. I rolled my eyes as I tried to sink in further on my chair, sliding downwards under my desk slowly.

I then took a glance at the bracelet on my desk. The way it brimmed within my sight, the way the name, 'Jungkook', was craved made its way into my eyes like needles. Did I take it a little too far? It can't be that when it rained yesterday he came to look for it, right... ? That guy wouldn't do something stupid like that. He isn't that reckless.

Still, what if... Tch. He isn't that idiotic. Maybe I shall return that bracelet to him and tell him I found it lying around the ground the other day and decided to take it in, but I had forgotten to give it to him. The reason sounds good enough, right? It sounds real. It won't be mistaken as some smooth lie. I'm making a mental note to myself that I shouldn't go further into doing something like this. Karma is hitting on me real hard.

I stood up from my stand, Ipad securely wrapped around my fingers, the bracelet placed right in my pocket. I hurried up my pace, I need to discuss some things with Yoongi, and I can't afford to be late. God knows how much Yoongi beats the living daylights of the people who comes in late. I swear, when we were back in college he wasn't even like that. He would just lay around and sleep in class, like who does that? And now, he's one of those strict ones. He has to lighten up. Like I'm the one to talk.

When I entered the conference room, my eyes widened when I saw the man that I wasn't really expecting to see at all. Jeon Jungkook. "Kookie?" I called out in confusion. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be back at your place... I don't know... Resting?" I even sounded unsure, shameful isn't it? 

"Oh, I'm okay, Tae," He gave a smile. "Also, since Jin said he wouldn't be able to come today due to some matters on some accounts he is in need to take a leave. He notified me that I should take some important points of this and stand for his place."

Then why didn't Jin notified me about this? So, this how things run now? He notifies Kookie and doesn't notify me? Well, nice , Jin. You played well, tch. I'm kidding. "Anyways," I cleared my throat as I sat on the opposite side, setting my Ipad down. "About yesterday and the other day..." I trailed off. "You could have told me that you were not feeling well..." Great. I must look like I'm scaring the daylights outta him. This is unlikely of me to do. Guilt washing over me.

I could see that Kookie was taken back. Well, it isn't like me to say these kind of stuffs after all, damn. 

"Thanks for your concern, Tae, but I'm fine really." He musters up a smile.

If you're all butthurt from my actions from yesterday and the other day since I wasn't there to take care of the living daylights outta you don't hide it up with that smile. Say it right to my face. You're just making things difficult for me. It feels like the only thing needed is for me to be replaced with guilt. "Come on, Kookie, don't give me that ."

"What do you mean, Tae?" Jungkook raised a brow. "I'm fine really. And if you ever did feel bad about not knowing about my condition, don't m'kay? I'm fine." He assures.

Now, doesn't that stings me right into the bones. "If you say so," I gave up eventually. It seems like he didn't noticed the fact the bracelet went missing, huh? My free hand, being dugged into my left pocket where the bracelet rested in, tightened around it. So, this is like a trash that he can just throw away, huh? And just when I gave it to him a week ago. 

The awkward tensio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter