Beyond words

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Sehun couldn't believe his eyes, he was pretty sure that the guy who just entered the bookshop is none other than Kim Jongin or Kai. His eyes wide open and the thoughts of that guy who he thought was dead being alive scares him. He shook his head, it's impossible. That might just be someone who looks like him with a blonde hair too.

"A-Areum!" he stuttered before looking around again. He walked pass through the people to find her crouching down , covering her ears with her palms. People eyed her strangely, Sehun pulled her into a hug. 

"It's ok" he her hair, kissing the top of her head. It must have been the panic attack. She must have saw something that triggered it. Sehun is used to it, Areum will be completely frozen when she's alone in the middle of the crowd, or when she was reminded of the past. "I'm here baby, can you look at me? Please?" , he cupped her cheeks, pushing her chin up to face him.

She slowly opened her swollen eyes, tears trails on her cheeks saddened the husband more. "I bought some food, you said you want to have a walk right? Can we stand up now?"

Areum obediently nodded her head, holding on to Sehun. Sehun hugged her waist, she leaned on him, resting her head on his shoulder. Sehun guided their way to a bench where there's not many people around. He cleaned her face with a handkerchief, placing a soft kiss on her cheek. She wouldn't let go of her arms around him. Sehun reached for some food to feed her.

"Dinner time princess"

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be sorry" he comforted her. Areum opened to swallow the piece of meat. Sehun smiled to see her eating well, he ruffled her hair to gain a pout from his wife.

"You're messing with my hair, I worked so hard for the curls" she whined. 

"Can you please do ths face often? You're too cute" he pinched her cheeks, earning a glare.

"Sehun!"

"Not Sehun, call me Honey or Hunnie? Don't call me by my name , it makes us sounds like friends"

Areum held his arm, inhaling his manly scent from Hugo Boss. She interlaced their hands together, placing a kiss on the back of his hand. Sehun couldn't help but to be surprised by her actions. She kept on chewing the food with her husband's eyes never leaving her.

"Can we stay like this forever?" asked Sehun, being with Areum there will always be the ups and downs but he's putting all those negative thoughts aside and focus on each moment as if all those bad things never happened before.

"Thank you"

"For?"

"Marrying me"

"Since when are you being so cheesy?" he smirked and the memories of meeting the one who looked like his wife's dead lover was long gone.

 

Kai loosened his tie before dropping his briefcase o the floor, running up to his daughter's room. He received a call from his mother while he was out to buy some new books for his princess. She refused to eat and go to bed. Nara is known for her bad temper but she always have the soft side for her father.

"Nara-ah"

"Papa!!" she opened her arms,asking for a hug. He sat on the bed, pulling her in his embrace. His mother and a maid were in the room. Some of her stuffs were scattered on the floor, a tray with untouched food was on her bedside table. 

"Mom, Kira, can you give us a minute. I'll put her to sleep, both of you can have your rest now. Sorry for the troubles" 

"Make sure she eat something" Mrs.Kim her son's face. He looked completely exhausted , and Nara being stubborn was tiring him more. 

After the door is closed, he released the hug, looking down to meet her hazel eyes, that always remind him of the mother. She muffled her cries with her watermelon pillow, afraid to meet her father's gaze.

"Tell Papa why are you not eating your dinner and not going to sleep?" his voice was serious and he tried to keep a straight face, refraining himself from comforting the little girl.

Nara slowly lift her chin up with one eye close, peeking to see her father's face. "Is Papa mad?"

"Papa is mad because Nara is not listening to grandma. Can't you see how worried everyone is?" 

She reached for her father's hand,  rubbing circles on his palm. "Nara saw Mama today"

He sighed, massaging his temple. It's not the firs time she told him about things like this, never once he took it seriously. She have only seen her picture once before his mother burnt it all. 

"How many times should Papa remind you that lying is bad? Nara if you're going to keep on throwing tantrums like these, Papa will have to find a way to discipline you in a hard way. Do you want that to happen?"

"Aniyo" her voiced cracked, she looked up to him, biting her lower lip. "But Papa I really saw Mama today and I even talked to her. She didn't recognise me but when I turned my back to face her again, she was still there looking at me. I know it, she is Mama".

"Let's just have a glass of milk and sleep sweetie. Papa is too tired to listen to you" he yawned, handing her the cold milk. Nara shook her head eagerly.

"Papa, you have to trust me. I am very sure that she is mommy, she speaks in Korean with me. She has my eyes, I touched her face and she didn't avoid it or get mad at me for calling her Mama. Papa can we go to see Mama in Korea? I promise I'll be a good girl. Please, please,please" she used her puppy eyes trick on him. Kai turned away not to be swayed by the little one.

"Drink your milk, please"

She pushed the glass away from her, rejecting it. " Let me see Mama, like what you promised"

"When the time is right, I'll bring you to her"

"Then, you will never will" she lied down on her side, closing her eyes. "Goodnight Papa"

"Are you ignoring me right now?" he watched her back, she must be crying again as he heard her sobbing softly, her face is covered by a raccoon plushie.

"Nara don't speak to liars"

"Papa-" he wanted to say a word when she cut him off with her mellow voice.

"You promised"

He ruffled his hair in frustration, biting his lower lip, his habit that has been passed down to the upset girl. He fished for his cellphone from his pocket, pressing on a number.

"Hello, I'm sorry to disturb you now Secretary Park. Can you book two tickets for me to Korea next week? Please clear all my schedule for the whole week too. I have things to do with my daughter. Thank you"

Nara immediately got up on her knees, moving closer to her father. "We are really going to see Mama?"

He nodded.

"Really?"

"Yes, practice more Korean. Mama don't speak Japanese" his lips curled up to a smile when his princess hugged his neck. 

"Thank you Papa, I love you"

"I thought you just ignored me just now?"

"I was mad" she took the glass of milk and drank it all up in one shot, leaving her a milk mustache. "Papa look! I have a mustache!"

He pushed her back on the bed, tickling her, showering her face with kisses. "Are you going to be naughty again?"

"I will not" she's laughing out loud that it might just wake everyone on the same floor. Kai was too tired to move, he fell asleep on the bed with Nara in his arms. His lifeline, the one who matters to him the most.

 

-next chap: seeing you again-------------

Subs and comments please, I love reading your responds. Comments motivate me to write faster, please don't be a silent reader. Leave your feedbacks in the box below. Tq ^^