Home

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

It's lunch time, Kris had to cancel his meeting to stay with Areum. The doctor told him that she's not to be left alone due to her history with depression and with all that's happening. The news about the unfortunate accident has been reported all over the media and the people are very interested about the death of Korea's well-known young billionaire. Areum just got out of the shower , she heard Nara's laughter coming from downstairs.

She took off her towel and look at her relflection in the mirror. Her bump isn't that obvious yet. She her belly , smiling as she reminisce the time when she saw the tiny bean in the doctor's office. "Now let's go see your father." She stared at the framed photo of Sehun on their wedding day, looking suave with his light brown hair. "I am the luckiest woman alive."

"Areum, let's go have lunch!" called Kris since his sister is taking a little too long to get ready.

"Mama!!"

"Coming~!"

Nara opened waiting for Kris  to feed her. "Uncle more bread pleaseeee"

"Aegyo first"

"Nope, I'm a big girl now. Uncle moreeeee." She pull his arm trying to snatch the bread away. 

"Here, you are such a spoiled princess." He ruffled her hair earning a glare from the little one. 

Areum came down looking pretty in her white chiffon dress and he noticed she put some make up on her pale face. A disguise. She's trying to hide her puffy eyes and to look presentable. Kris is relieved that she didn't watch the news nor care about the online articles or she must have read about the death of her former lover and how's everyone speculating that it's a murder.

"You look gorgeous, as always."

"Am I too cheerful? Should I wear black?" She's getting anxious about her apparel. She doesn't want to be viewed as if she's celebrating the death of her baby father. Kris' lips turned to a thin line. "I'll go change."

"No, you're beautiful. Kai wouldn't want you to look sad." Kris smiled and that comforts her. She gave him a hug, he understands the sorrow she's trying to hide. "I can never ask for a better brother."

"Let's go feed you and my new nephew or niece and this little princess." Nara reached her arms out to Areum. "Mama, carry me."

Kris shook his head. "Let Uncle Kris carry you ok, hop on." He kneeled down and showed her his back to climb on. 

"But Nara want Mama."

"Mama has baby inside her tummy, for the mean time Mama can't carry you."

"Baby?" her eyes went round in excitement hugging Areum's legs. "Am I getting a baby brother?"

Areum her daughter's face, kneeling down to her eye level. "You prefer a brother? "

"Yes!" She nodded . "Papa wants a son too."

Papa. Kai. " Mama wants a son too but, as long as they baby is healthy. Mama is happy."

Nara jumped on Kris' back, her arms around his neck. Kris and Areum both wonder if Nara really understands that her father isn't coming back.

 

After receiving a call from Chanyeol and be informed about Sehun's situation and how the accident is becoming a murder case, Lu Han drove to the hospital where Sehun received his treatment after the fire. The reporters won't waste anytime to dig in more information about Sehun and that involves the time when he was in China too. 

"Mr. Lu, you may come in." Informed the secretary of the hospital's director, also the specialist who treated Sehun.

Lu Han is nervous and anxious if his arrival might raise suspicions about the accusation thrown to Sehun. "Please, take a seat. Coffee or tea?"

"I'm fine". Lu Han is well aware that he's sweating bullets. "I believe you watched the news."

The doctor, nodded his head. " How is he?"

"I hadn't get the chance to travel to Korea to see him. I believe he's fine." Lu Han is feeling very uneasy, he can see the judgemental look on the doctor's face. " Sehun is not a murderer" he blurted out and regretting it right away. "His car lose control and fate brings Mr. Kim Kai in the picture. I am here to learn more about your diagnosis on Sehun and to get the papers. It is incase the court needs it."

"You know I can't just hand them to you, his family member needs to be here or himself. "

"Tell me your price." Bastard. Lu Han knows how corrupted the world works and how humans are crazy over money. He's desperate and if this doctor wants to be bought, he won't hesitate to spill the words out if someone else pay him larger amount of money. Mrs. Kim is well capable in that. 

"Your offer?"

"It's your duty as his doctor to keep his information private, and I'm here as his personal assistant to obtain his papers. I advice you to hand me those papers and shut your mouth with your pride as the price. " His breathing gone faster as anger took over him. Lu Han refused to give in to the doctor's rquest as it will bring a bad image to Sehun. Sehun has nothing to hide, he's innocent and Lu Han never doubts that. The problem is, Mrs. Kim is a billionaire. Everyone knows how money can buy you everything including putting the innocents behind bars and safe the riches . 

The doctor typed in Sehun's name on his computer and printed out the necessary documents handing it to Lu Han. "I won't promise you that I will keep it a secret in case the truth needs to be told."

"Don't threaten me, Sehun has nothing to hide."

"What about his motorneuron problem? I believe that I have informed him that he's incapable of driving himself until he got the muscles' trauma sorted out. He ignored my order and see what that has gotten him into."

"You!!" Lu Han almost pull his collar but he held back. 

"I'm saying the truth and you know it, his Korea's doctor is well informed about it as well. So... name me your price."

 

"Take it off! Take it off his wrist!!!" Mrs. Oh cried pushing the officers away as they handcuffed Sehun's wrist to the bed frame. " My son is not a murderer!!!" Mr. Oh held his wife back , letting the officers do their work. "Sehun say something! Tell them you're innocent!!!"

Sehun stared at the white celing above him, he lied down still. His heart shattered when he heard his mother's voice begging for the officers to not treat him like a criminal. " Dad please take mom out." 

"Sehun!" His mother shouted surprised by his words, he's not defending himself at all. He's expressionless and it scares her. What has gotten into him to act this way. Mr. Oh pull his wife out from the ward and sat her down on the chair outside. " Call Areum, tell her to come now!." 

Sehun watched as the officers walked out and stood in front of his room, guarding him from escaping. He looked to his handcuffed wrist and pull his arm harder and harder biting his lips as the metal handcuff bit his skin and leaves a fresh red line. "Bleed, bleed, bleed!!!!!" He repeated the word like a mantra.

The nearby nurse rushed into his room followed by more nurses and a doctor. "Calm down Mr. Oh. Hold him."

"Don't put me to sleep! Don't inject me with that !!!" He struggled when they hold him down on the bed and injected him with Xanax. He looked out to his parents, tear drops rolled down his cheeks. He's a dissapointment and it breaks him. He felt the drug slowly putting him to sleep, he tried to fight it but it's useless. Then, a figure caught his eyes. The sight of Areum looking at him in fear , she stood still, their eyes met. He smiled reaching his free arm to her, she tried to make her way in but was stopped by the two officers. He heard her voice, calling for him desperately and his world turned pitch black.

"Sehun! Let me in, he needs me! He needs me please, please let me in." Kris held her shoulders shaking his head. "Areum calm down."

"Sehun's calling for me, Kris tell them!" Kris hugged her instead to comfort her. "Sshhh, relax please. Please Areum think about your baby."

"Sehun needs me, he want me inside. He needs me." Her voice breaks and she finally give in. Kris held her tight, rubbing her back. She buried her face in his chest and sobbed soflty. Nara walked towards her mother and pull the hem of her dress as her silent way to comfort her.

"I want to see him Kris."

"We'll stay until he wakes up again."

"Areum, please tell him he needs to stay strong. Tell him about the baby" said Mrs. Oh, Sehun loves Areum so much and if he knows about his child in her womb he will act more himself. He's all over the place since he woke up. Chanyeol and Baekhyun told her about his terrifying act that injured his palm. 

 

It's dark outside, Sehun's starting to regain his conciousness. He blinked a few times, he tried to rub his eyes with his hand then it hits him that he has one hand bound to the bed. "!" He cursed when he felt pain from his wrist. 

"Mmm.. Sehun?" Areum lift her head up from the mattress, her back hurts from bending too long. 

"Areum?" He rolled over to the side and use his free hand to touch her head, his movement is limited due to his broken leg. "Is that you?"

Areum's puffy eyes came to his view, she has tears trails on her cheeks. He felt bad, he causes this to happen and his wife has to pay for it. "Can you come closer to me baby?"

Areum nodded scooting closer to his head, she leaned towards him and he kissed her cheek. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

"You have nothing to apologise for, I miss you so much." She climbed on the bed to his side , resting her head on his shoulder and hugged him tight. 

"Ouch!"

"Did I hurt you? Should I get down?"

"No, no. It's better now that you're here. Don't cry." He put his palm on her cheek, looking at her lovingly. "I'm fine" he assured her eventhough he's not convinced himself. 

Kris and Nara at the corner of the room on a couch watched the two in silence, Nara still sleepy from her nap decided to give her mother some privacy and went back to dreamland in her uncle's arms. 

Areum couldn't take her eyes off from her husband, their breathing slowly getting in sync and none of them say a word. She saw the cuts on his face, the bruise around his wrist, his leg in cast, the banadaged on his head and his palm. Pain. She can feel his pain, physically and mentally but that's nothing compared to what he's experiencing. 

"I love you." 

Sehun couldn't contain his happiness. They're married and it must have sounded normal but it means so much to him. She chooses him and she's sure of that. Her heart was never split between the two, since the day she vowed to love Sehun, she has put him first. Her feelings for Kai is different, a friendship is the way it should be placed. The sadness she felt after his lost is normal but she got confused as she was too drown in her emotions. The longing she has for Sehun is special, she wants to hold him, kiss him and be with him like a lover. 

Areum took Sehun's hand and placed it on her belly. Sehun kissed her cheek not realizing what she's trying to tell him. "I love you too."

"I don't think that you will love only me."

Sehun was taken aback by her words. "What do you mean?"

"I have to share you from now on."

Areum sighed at her husband's confused face. 

"I don't have anybody other than you, my wife." 

She pressed his palm on her belly again trying to let him figure it out. "What?" He tilted his head to look at her when it crossed his mind. "No way, noooo."

"Yes baby, I'm pregnant." Areum nodded, smiling happily at Sehun who's shaking his head. "Are you serious?"

"I am, aren't you excited?" Her heart stopped, she has never thought about his reaction to this news. Sehun did mention before that he doesn't want any addition in their family until he's ready. 

"I am!! I j-just never imagined it. Me? A father?" He gasped. "I'm so happy that I don;t know how to express it." He kissed her cheek again and again and one on her lips. "Thank you, thank you so much honey." He pull her close and she heard his voice breaking. He's crying tears of happiness. "I'm so lucky to have you."

"I know it's hard Sehun but please, stay strong. We'll get everything sorted out and you'll come home to me. I want you home." 

"I want to go home too Areum., I'm afraid I won't be able to." He finally said it out loud, his fear. Areum caressed his face wiping away his tears, he needs her comfort and support more than anything at the time being. 

"You will and we'll be a complete family again."

 

______________________

I'm so sorry for not updating for sooooo longggggg

Plz comment and subscribe. I read each and one of your comments so leave me some support.

Love,cassielf29