Me before you Part 2

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Special thanks to nilyaydemir, amarisarin, dewp98 and all my subscibers

___________________________________________

17 years old Areum

Areum was 3 months pregnant, her petite body didn't show much change except for her apetite. She was the first person to arrive in her class, waiting for Kai. It has always been them both early in the morning, talking and listening to some music together. However, it seemed that he was not coming that day. His health has been declining quite bad. 

The day before , he wasn't as talkative as he used to. He ate less and was out of energy by 11 a.m. She's worried that he might collapse any moment and for him not attending the school makes her nervous. He loves coming to school even when he's always behind the other classmates. It only meant 2 things, either he's really sick or he's dead. The other students are well aware of her close relationship with Kai, they were inseparable. 

It was recess time, Areum sat at the corner where nobody would be walking around. She was trying to take a bite of her sandwich when 2 girls came sitting across her. 

"Look who we have here, all alone? Where's the sick boy?" Jessie the head of the bullies snatched her sandwich away, taking it apart before throwing it to her face.

The other 4 of her friends laughed , enjoying the view. The other students didn't want to mess with them , it never concerns them that the beautiful mysterious girl was being bullied. She always managed to pull through so why bother?

"I just want to eat" Areum was calm as usual, not letting them to get the joy of messing with her. 

"What about some drink?"

She expected it coming, orange juice came pouring down her face. She closed her eyes not wanting it to get in . "If you would excuse me" she stood up to leave the table but was held back by two girls.

"Not to fast"

They dragged her to a secluded classroom, Areum used to fight back hard but keeping in mind that she has another life depending on her. She obediently followed them.

"I haven't lay a hand on you for some time, I kinda miss it" 

"You can do whatever you want just ..." Areum swallowed her saliva hard, she needs to lower her ego. "Be gentle... Please"

"Wait what? Did you just say please?" Jessie pull her hair, looking right into her brown orbs. "You're scared, for the first time ever."

They tied her hands and legs , Min one of the girls took off her socks before shoving it in Areum's mouth. She was lying on her side, keeping her eyes open to be aware of what's coming. They started with a mirror from a compact powder, the sharp corner of the square mirror was scrapped on her back. They didn't want to leave a visible scar that will attract attention. No one would lift her shirt to see the cuts, she's a grown up now.

Her eyes were tightly shut, the pain was bearable but she hates to see their smiling faces. Unsatisfied with her reaction, they began to pull her legs while she's lying on her back, she felt it then, the open cut meeting with the dusty floor. She winced in pain, thinking that her shirt was getting in the way, they lifted it back again. Luckily they didn't see her tiny bump , the last thing she wanted was for them to know that she's pregnant.

Just when she thought it has ended, another girl kicked her back when she was on all four trying to get up. She was unable to protect her abdomen from hitting the hard floor. 

"Aaaarghh" she groaned in pain, her eyes tightly shut. She has never felt this pain before, it was getting unbearable when she was again kicked on her back. "S-Stop p-please."

The four girls were surprised that Areum , the ever strong girl broke down to tears. She curled on her side, clasping her fingers together looking at them. 

"L-Leave me a-alone. I beg you."

"What has gotten into you huh? You took it better before, this is nothing" Jessie was right, Areum was beaten harder before but she never shed a tear and bear it all.  Sensing that something must have went wrong, they decided to go and leave the door open for her.

Areum is not the type who complains, some students actually told the teacher about the girls bullying her but ended up nothing. She has no one to depend on if the four girls parents decided to prove their child innocence. She didn't want to bother Kris when he himself is having a rough time. 

"Are you okay?" she placed her palm on her tummy, smiling that it is over, for then.

 

Present

Areum was terribly shaking at the corner, she was sweating so bad and her eyes were focus on the invisible figure in front of her. Her voice repeating the same word

"Save me, save me, please"

Sehun crouched down to her front, placing his warm hands on her cold ones. "Hey, hey, it's me Sehun." Not getting any response from her, he slowly pull her chin up to see her face. Her cheeks stained with tears, her eyes were bloodshot red. Her hair was a mess. She's a complete different person from the one who prepare his breakfast everyday since the day he came to Korea from China.

His ever smiling wife now felt so foreign to him. It shattered his heart.

"Areum-ah, it's me your husband" 

"S-Sehun?" she looked right into his eyes, before throwing herself to him. He hugged her tight as she sobbed in his chest.

"I'm so scared, they were after me"

He looked around trying to find any signs of someone breaking in, but the door was locked and so does the garage. Everything was right at their place, she was unharmed. 

"I'll call the police" he reached for his cellphone dialing 119, telling them that someone might have broken into his house. Areum was in his arms, as he tried to calm her down. "I'm here now, you'll be fine. I'll protect you." He whispered into her ears before kissing her crown. 

His heartbeat was accelerating with every promise he made, he knew this feeling. He had said it before, and he's repeating it again. 

The promise to protect her.

He carried her up the stairs to their shared bedroom, placing her on the bed. Areum refused to let go of her arms around his waist, he felt terrible to see her in this way. "I need to talk to the police when they arrive, I'll come here right back."

"No,no, no.. I'm s-scared. Don't leave me" 

"I'll be right back, just hang on ok?"

She nodded, he pull the cover up to her chest. Wiping her tears with his thumb, he heard the police siren coming closer. "Try to get some sleep."

He ran down the stairs, opening the front door. Two policemen began checking around the house to look for any signs or proof but ended up with nothing after 20 minutes. Sehun sent them out and rushed back to the room. 

Areum was sleeping with her hands tightly clutching on the cover, after making sure that she's asleep. He went to take a quick shower. He was putting his clothes on when he heard Areum's voice looking for him. He looked over to see her rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"Get back to sleep, I'm here" He sat at the edge of the bed, facing her. " The police didn't find anything strange, did someone really broke in?"

She refused to answer his question, lying back on the bed. "Can you...hug me to sleep tonight?" She sounded shy as her voice came out mellow. 

He climbed on the bed, lying down on his side before putting an arm around her waist another under her neck. She snuggled in his warmth, hiding her face in the crook of his neck. "Thank you", she whispered.

Not knowing what to do, he remained silent as they drifted to dreamland. 

 

"What are you going to do now?"

"I don't know" Kai shook his head looking at his sleeping daughter. "I need to get it check mom, I will have to ask Areum to take care fo her if you refused to."

"Why would I? She's my grand daughter"

"The same one you tried to kill"

"Jongin! What if she heard you?" Mrs.Kim walked out Nara's room. She thought that her son would stop blaming her someday. She was just trying to make a better future for her son. Having a child at such a young age with his health issues worries her as a mother.

She is hurt by his words, everytime when he brought the dark past back. Now she loves Nara so much that she couldn't imagine losing her. 

Lately, Kai has been having trouble with his breathing and the doctor thought that it might be his body rejecting the new organ. He needs to stay at the hospital for sometime and he knew how Nara will be crying looking for him when he's not home. Both of them were never separated since Nara was a baby. Eventhough she knows that her father is unwell, he would request to stay at home and only be away when he was in a condition that needs intense monitoring.

"I'll explain it to her tomorrow morning" said Kai closing the door behind him.

Mrs.Kim wiped away her tears, she deserves to be hated by her son. She shouldn't try to make him feel sorry. That's what she thinks.

"She will be throwing a tantrum, let's just get ready for her loud cries"

The only time Nara is fine to be away from her father is when she's with Areum on the weekend. "I'll talk to Areum, maybe she could give us a hand."

"Then it will be easier for me to visit you, her heart breaks everytime you were admitted to the hospital."

Aware of it, Kai couldn't bring himself to break the news to his daughter. Nara might be a small child but she understands the sadness of having your loved ones lying on the ned with wires all over their body.

"I won't tell Nara, I don't want her to worry about me."

Many things were going in his mind, if he was diagnosed with chronic rejection, he might need another transplant and that means more waiting, more precious moments of Nara to be missed and worst, looking at her sad face. 

"I'll get better mom, I won't leave Nara alone."

___________________

Comments plez, I read them all ^^

Sorry for the late update I was running out of ideas and now I'm inspired!!