Unexpected

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Special thanks to dewp98,KissMeFanny, JanicePokez,Fei_Lin, ren1234, 15amavi, sweetdreamerz,superdupper, and all my subs.

The only profit I get from this ff is your comment so leave ur feedback ^^

My dad is home now but he can't walk , pray for his recovery soon kayz.

____________________________________________________________

Sehun trailed after his wife getting out from the pool, her shirt is a complete see through after being drenched in the water. He protectively turned her to face him and hugged her tight causing her to gasp in surprise.

"We need to cover you up dear" he guided her steps to the outdoor shower and shut the door close. "Stay here, I'll go get a towel."

He lightly jogged to the back door and caught the maids lining up , eyes on his figure. That was when he realised that he has no shirt on to cover his scars, he turned his body to the side feeling ashamed of his own skin. "Can you get me towels?"

"YES Mr. Oh!" they scattered around starting to open the cabinets in the washroom when he heard a faint 'YOUR SCARS IS BEAUTIFUL!'

He shrugged it off when one of the maids came up to him with two white fluffy looking towels, her eyes were round and her face was red as tomato. "H-Here you go, h-handsome."

"Thank you" he never felt this great from a stranger's compliment before, he quickly made his way back to Areum. He knocked on the door twice but there was no sound of running water anymore. "Areum-ah, are you in there?"

She leaned against the wall trying to hide herself, she cover with her palm trying not to make any sounds. Sehun started to look around wondering if she had left when he was not there. He tried to push the door with a finger and the door cracked open a bit.

"I'm coming in now" he carefullypushed the door open to be greeted by an empty space, Areum was dying from laughter behind the door. He made his way in just to jump in surprise when she gave him a koala hug. "Geez, luckily you're not heavy."

She giggled, arms around his neck, legs tightened around his waist. "You have to look at your own face, you were so silly just now."

"Having fun teasing me I see?" he leaned forward trying to loosened her hold causing her to scream. 

"No, no don't do that! You might drop me."

"and maybe break your bones too" he smirked. "Come on let's get inside. You need a proper shower."

"Alright!" she jumped back down grabbing the towel from the floor. "Hurry up, turtle head!"

 

Kai was staring up at the ceiling as the doctor did some tests on him, they drew his blood, took his bp reading, his temperature and another X-ray. Sometimes he thought of himself nothing more than a lab rat. They don't even bother to talk to him, he's a human if they're not aware of that. He pull his shirt down when they detached the ECG. 

"The blood clot in your lungs and your previous case of heart failure is the cause to your disease sir. You might need a lung transplant."

He smirked, another big surgery, how nice. "Other options? I mean the line is super long you see."

"We will prescribed you with medicines that will help reduce the symptoms and I'm afraid that is your only option but if you wish to continue with normal treatment, it's your choice."

"How long can I live if I don't receive the surgery?" asked Kai sounding emotionless even his gaze is empty.

The middle age doctor swallowed his saliva hard, life and death is the work of God. However, as doctors they refer to previous cases and come out with an average number. "I'm afraid to answer your question, I want a guardian to be present as well."

"The number must be small then. No worries, I'm just curious."

"Sir, you managed once with your heart surgery, I really want you to fight for the second one too. I'll try my best to gather more informations about your disease and provide you with better options."

"So.. can I go home?"

"Yes, but please do not lift any heavy weight. Exercise is fine but moderately, do not tire yourself too much it will worsened your condition." The doctor excused himself leaving Kai all alone to ponder about the future. He couldn't bring himself to lie down so he climbed down the bed, making his way to the window. 

His day never felt so lonely before, Nara was at school and his mother has her own work to do. His father? He left a few years ago but it doesn't effect him that much as his father wasn't the one who raised him. Maybe that's the reason he tried so hard to raise Nara, so that he will not be like his own. 

"Morning or shall I say afternoon?" Areum walked in with a bouquet of flowers, she's looking all pretty in a white dress that ends right under her knees. He smiled to see her, how she doesn't change through the years, still the woman he fell in love with.

"It's 11 a,m. , good morning to you too."

"I brought you some flowers to have some colors in this boring white space."

"That's nice of you" he made his way towards her, watching as she grabbed the empty vase. 

"How are you feeling today?"

"Better, how did you get here?"

"Cab, I left after cleaning my room. We slept over at my parents yesterday."

'We', how he hates that word when she meant Sehun and not him. However, that's the reality, he's just a past memory of hers while she's still vivid and blooming in his. He couldn't help but to stare at her, Areum was too busy to notice anyway. 

"When will you be discharged?"

"Today, my mom will pick me up. I miss Nara so bad."

He used to wake her up, nagged her till she's out of bed. Braid her hair on her special days, take her to school and tuck her to bed. His days is filled with Nara more than his work. How can he even has the time to meet new people? A new love.

Areum took a seat on a chair facing him. "I think you spoil her too much, even Sehun and Kris couldn't say no to her. I have a hard time thanks to you guys. She will be so excited to see you home later. Sehun promised to pick her up."

Sehun, that guy is becoming apart of Nara's life more than before. Nara adores him, he's kind. A father figure , he can trust him to bring up his daughter right? If he leaves one day. His life is back in gamble, no one knows if he ever able to wake up again after he falls asleep. 

"Great then, can I leave you for a second? I have to fill some forms for my discharge."

"I'll go with you" she rushed to his side, getting all jumpy. "I'm your guardian now, let's go."

They walked next to each other to the counter, he could feel her eyes on him from time to time . She must be nervous as his steps are still quite slow and careful. He was caught off guard when she circled her arm around his waist to support him. 

"Thank you."

"You're welcome"

He paid for the fees while she fills the form. She remembers everything about him, his birth date, his address and even his identification number. Back in the days, she used to watch over him all the time when he came to his appointemnts to pick up his medicine when his mother was not around. She must have memorised them in  case of emergency.

"Your cellphone number?"

He took the pen, writing it down himself. "I see you haven't forgotten a single detail about me."

"You change your number, can't help with that."

"Mr. Kim, we have to run some check ups. Can you come with me?"

He rolled his eyes annoyed, yes he's a lab rat now. "You can go back in my room."

"No, I'll wait here" she was about to take a seat at the waiting area when a docotr came in sight. "Are you Kim Jongin's guardian?"

"Yes"

"Your relationship?"

"He's my friend." 'Friend' somehow that sounds a bit awkward to her. 

"Can you please convince him to sign up for organ transplant?"

"W-Why so, I thought he's just suffering from the side effects. What do you mean a transplant?"

"He needs a new lung, or" he paused, it seemed that the lady in front of him has no idea of how serious his patient's disease is. 

"Or what?"

"On average, with regular treatment. Most of the patients live up to 5 years. This is a rare disease and a fatal one in his case. I really want to help him, but in this case, he seems to refuse the idea of having another big surgery. I am not suppose to tell you this but, I really want to save him."

Her body froze from the shocking news, 5 years? He needs to survive longer than that. She doesn't want to be the only one greeting the guests when Nara get married. Nara will only be 10 if 5 years is his limit. 

"He can survive again if he undergoes the surgery."

"I'll talk to him." She clenched her fist trying to calm herself down. Her hands and feets were never as cold as they were at the moment. She couldn't face him right now, not at the time she felt so helpless and lost. She wanted to cry , feeling sorry for his pain at the same time, she wants to yell at him for being hesitant with such a big decision. 

What about Nara? What about her?

She needs him around to raise their daughter together.

Kai came out from the examination room, she took a closer look at him. His skin was pale despite his dark complexion. His dark circles were much more visible and how can he lost so much weight? He's sick, seriously sick. How can he suffers alone? Does his mother even knows this? Why is the time so jealous of him? Why are they running out faster for him?

"Let's have lunch. I'm starving" he walked ahead of her as if everything is going well, his face shows no fear. 

Is he really giving up? Is that the reason he insists on working for the legal papers? To hand her the custody so he can be free from the thoughts that are holding him back.

"I-Uhm, I need to go. Something came up at home."

His face couldn't hide his dissapointment. "It couldn't be help then, I have to eat alone again today."

"Sehun is on his way to send Nara here, I'll leave with him."

"Oh well, I'll see you next time."

"I'll come to visit you, at your house." She gave him a hug, holding herself from breaking down into tears. "Take care of yourself."

"I'll be running in no time I tell you" he winked being his playful self.

"I need you around" she muttered but he heard it, all of it.

"You better hurry, Sehun must be waiting." He loosened her hold around him gently not to offend her. "See you."

She nodded, waving her hands at him. When he;s out of sight she hurried her steps to the ground floor. Sehun must have arrived as the clock striked 12:30 p.m. how the time pass. She found him at the lobby with Nara by his side, they were walking to the elevator. She saw Kai's mother too, the tow must have met at the entrance.

"Mama!" Nara opened her arms running towards Areum.

"Hey sweetheart" she lift her up, showering her face with kisses. 

Sehun peck her cheek earning a glare from Nara. "Uncle, no kissing Mama please." She warned him with her tiny fist.

"Nara-ah, Mama has to leave now"

"Papa?"

"Papa is upstairs and he can come home with you today."

Her face brightened to hear the news. "Grandma, take me with you! I want to see Papa!" Areum put her down , watching her running to grab Mrs. Kim's hand. She didn't wave goodbye to her mother, her head must have been all jumpy to see Kai.

"You don't look fine" said Sehun placing his palm on her forehead. 

"I need a hug."

He pull her into his embrace, letting the silent speaks for them. She needs him to comfort her from something she clearly doesn't want to talk about. 

He didn't question her any further and walked her to the car. He texted his secretary that he will be continuing his work from home. He has his old equipments in the houseso he can use it to complete his work. 

 

After dinner, they watched tv while cuddling on the sofa. Different from the other days, Areum gave no comments on how the storyline bothers her and squel when a handsome man comes in view. Not even when her favorite actor Park Bogum flashed his killer smile, he learned the other's name from her constant babbling on how cute that man is. Sehun couldn't be anymore jealous from a man on the screen.

"Why not we go to sleep now? You seem distracted."

She yawned, nodding but not moving. 

"Honey, let's sleep on the bed. Your body will ache tomorrow."

She grabbed the front of his t-shirt, crumpling it. "I don't think I can sleep tonight if you don't make me tired."

'Make her tired' ? His lips gone dry, is what she's talking about is the same thing that he has been thinking this whole time? He looked into her eyes and without much thinking he made the first move. He kissed her, softly but her games was stronger. She pull him closer leaving no gap between them.

"You have no idea how long I have been waiting." He whispered to her ear causing her to squirm under him.

"Your breath is tickling me" she laughed pushing him away.

"Not uh, you're not going anywhere."

She ran away to climb up the stairs but he was faster. He carried her in his arms all the way in their shared bedroom. He closed the door with a kick and locked it. Just to make sure they are all alone.

It's a honeymoon for the second time for Areum and the first ever for Sehun.