Memory lane

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Special thanks to 15amavi, amarisarin, ren1234, KissMeFanny, sweetdreamerz, dewp98 and JanicePokez.

I'm sorry for not updating my dad is sick and currently in the hospital so I've been quite busy.

Anyways, show me your support by commenting ^^ 

__________________________________

They arrived at a restaurant owned by a famous celebrity chef Henry Lau, specialised with Chinese cuisines.After Areum recover, they rarely eat out as she managed to cook all the time, Valet parking is provided, being a gentleman he rushed over to her side to open the door for her. They walked arm in arm into the beautifully decorated with a more modern authentic theme. The color red filled the place from the entrance to every corner.

"y red, too early for passionate love?" he whispered , she pinched his arm sticking her tongue out.

"Here you are sir, room 3 only for VVIP" the man in penguin suit, opened the door for them. There  was a square glass table  with a white over red table cloth on top of it. Two black seats facing each other, "Please be seated, the food will come shortly."

"When did you reserved this? I haven't seen you made a single phone call."

"My secretary Byun Baekhyun told me that the chef is my friend so I use my friend card."

"Byun Baekhyun is your best friend , didn't he tell you that?" 

He nodded, looking indifferent. "I guess before we are but now, we don't really suit each other. He's hormonal." He snorted but Areum didn't think it's funny. 

"Sehun, Baekhyun is the one who take care of me when you're gone. He's always there with Chanyeol. You shouldn't just dodge him aside because you think he's emotional."

"Babe, why are we talking about someone else? This is our date and I appreciate it , if you can just talk about us. Please" he took her hand, softly rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand. He tried to talk her out of it giving her his best smile, she nodded giving in. "That is more I like it."

"Anyways, thank you for understanding my situation. You are so kind to Nara."

"Don't mention it, she's yours so she's mine too. She's such a sweet girl, I like her since the start." 

She felt lucky that even the new him has the same love towards Nara like he did before. He didn't share a single thing with the 5 years old except for Areum, but he cares about her just like a father should be. Areum never pushed Nara to call Sehun father , but she hopes one day she will call him by that special title herself. Nara likes Sehun better now after the separation. 

"Just don't get swayed by her puppy eyes, she uses it all the time to get what she wants."

"I'll keep that mind." He winked, looking flirty. He's a lot more bold nowadays. He holds her hand whenever he wants, hug her but he still couldn't bring himself to kiss her. He knows that to make this marriage works, he needs to take further steps. However, he's making it painfully slow and in her current condition he doesn't want to be on her bad side. 

"I promise you a trip down the memory lane aren't I? How about today, after this. Nara won't be around for this weekdays."

"Sure."

 

Kris woke up with a throbbing headache, he must have been so drunk last night that he's waking up in a foreign room. He massaged his temple, looking to his side. He lifted the balnket a bit to see he at least has his boxer on than be completely . He heard the showers on, so he's not alone. He quickly grabbed his scattered clothes putting it on quickly. 

"Where do you think you're going?"

He recognised that voice so well, the woman with a rose tatoo on her shoulder. "Nana?" He looked up to see if his guess is right and there standing tall with a towel wrapped around her body. His old customer. 

"So I am a memorable one. Yesterday you got so drunk that I bring you with me. No worries, we just slept together. "

He diverted his gaze from her, not that he has never seen all of her. Still he respects all women, no matter who they are. When he used to work as an , he gave a condition that once he sleeps with a customer, he is to never see them again. No feelings attached. However, Nana played well not to cross the line in order to keep seeing him. Till one day, when she asked him to be her lover and act as real as they can. The next day he left with a note.

This is the end

-Kris-

"Great, I'll be leaving." He wore his belt, legs shaking from the hangover.

"Why not a quick shower to sober you up?"

"No thanks." He walked pass her without sparing her a glance and shut the door close.

"I like you IDIOT!" She threw her stilleto at the door with a loud thud.

He heard it all but pretend not to, this is for the best. He's not ready for love.

 

"Here are the papers." 

Kai opened the envelope, screening through the documents. It is for the custody , he wants to admit Areum as Nara's mother and for her to be a guardian legally. He rested his back on the wall, he won't be able to leave the bed with all the wires attached on him.

Kim Jongdae, is the KIMS family lawyer also Kai's cousin. They may not be so close to each other but Jongdae will do anything he asked him to. 

"Jongin, why not take it slow and view it later? The doctor just left and you need a serious amount of rest" said Kyungsoo his right hand man, his only bestfriend. He was not around for some time due to his busy schedule. 

"I need to complete it as soon as possible. I kept her waiting for so long Soo."

"You do know that once this is publicize, people won't look up on you anymore."

Kai is a well respected man for his achievements , he has no scandals and maintain his figure as a devoted father. Once, the real thing comes out. He has a lot to lose and Nara will get hurt. Her loving father is nothing but a coward that hides his daughter from her biological mother and lie to the world about his wrongdoings.

"I deserve it, it's my fault anyways." He smiled bitterly but the other two kept a straight face, it's clear that they are uneasy about his plan. "How long does it take Jongdae hyung, to process the paperworks?"

"It may take months but I'll make sure it goes smoothly."

"Thank you for the hardwork" he noticed the look on Kyungsoo's face, the older man couldn't lift his head up from the ground. "Kyungsoo-ah, you can be honest with me."

"I'm worried, the stockholders might take you down. Your image will be ruined. you have a lot to let go from this decision. Can't you convince her? To not ask for her rights? You are in no fit conditon-"

"This is my idea! Areum has nothing to do with this! Why everyone is blaming her for what I did wrong?!" He grunted as his heartbeat rise rapidly, causing him difficulty to breathe. 

Jongdae was quick to press for the emergency button, Kyungsoo take a few steps backward when a doctor comes in. "Please wait outside."

"Just a tiny mistake can cost him his life,can't you be a bit more sensitive Kyungsoo?" snapped Jongdae out of anger.

"I can't let him make reckless decisions."

"This is what he wants, all we can do now is to step back. And don't ever think of meeting Areum. I warn you."

"Who knows?"

"Yah!"

 

"Mind telling me why are we here?" since they first enter Areum's parents house, she never once let go of his hand. 

One of the maids opened the door for the two and since they came without a notice, they were surprised to see the married couple in front of them. She was told that Kris is in his room , Amber is at work and her mother and stepfather is in Africa for a volunteer work. Sehun could hardly recognised the house but the big family potrait told him that this is his in laws. 

"Take them off, your clothes" 

"Can you be a bit more bold?"

She ignored him, taking off her jacket revealing a white sleveless shirt. He tried his best not to look at her perfect long legs when she shamelessly took her jeans off. 

"Woahh, slow down wifey."

She jumped in the water without a slight hesitant causing him to raise an eyebrow. "Were you hot?"

"Come on Sehun, don't be a coward." She challenged his ego, swimming freely in the pool unaware of the eyes spying them from inside the house. The maids have been a fan of the couple since Sehun first came to the house looking all sleek and handsome with his hair pushed back.

"Sure!" He unbuckled his belt causing the maids to squel before turning their back to the glass wall, giving Sehun some privacy. He jumped in with his boxers and t-shirt, his weight cause water to splash all over Areum. "Don't look at me too much, I know I'm hot."

"Narcassist!" she chuckled, swimming to his side. "Take your shirt off."

"You know I can't show you the burn scars again. They are hideous." He couldn't hide his insecurity about his body, she has never seen him change his clothes in front of her anymore. He shut the door close in their walk in closet whenever he's inside. He used to love white shirts but now he wears nothing but dark shades of colors. 

"Hey, I showed you all of my ugly sides but you still love me the same and now it's my turn to embrace your insecurities." 

"Are you sure about this?" 

She cupped his cheeks, leaning in towards him pressing a soft gentle kiss on his chin. She ran her fingers down his neck to the hem of his shirt. He didn't take his eyes off her everytime she looked up to see him trying to put him at ease. His heart was racing out off nervousness. 

"I'm taking it off now."

He nodded slightly, letting her pull the shirt up to his head. He raised his hands up , she slid it off him completely. He looked away, but she came closer tracing the huge pinkish uneven scars with her fingers. 

"Move away, I'll cover it up"

"No, you don't have to." She placed her palm on his chest to comfort him. "This is a prove that you fight for your life, to come back home, to see me." A tear escaped her right eye, but she's still smiling. "I sincerely thank you for coming back." Her voice cracked, she wrapped her arms around his neck. Their forehead touched, eyes looking deeply into each other. "This is where you propose me, a year ago."

"Was it romantic enough for you?"

"Why not you kiss me now to reminisce the moment?"

He smiles surprised from her words. "If you say so."

The maids squel , jumping around to celebrate the romantic playback scene before them. Kris was about to go to the kitchen when he heard the commotion, he looked out the window and there his sister with her husband in the pool acting all lovely. He noticed the burn scars and it is worst that he imagined, the fire must have got him quite bad. 

"Welcome back Oh Sehun" he muttered alone.