Not one but two

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Sehun stayed by her side all the time, they tried to make the best out of the days remained. Both of them never one brought the subject about the move. Areum kept it all to herself, she wanted to cry, to beg him to stay but he has done a lot for her. This is the least  she could do for him.

Play pretend.

Smile even though it hurts so bad.

Laugh when he jokes around even when she’s going to miss it soon.

Desperate.

She wants him to stay.

“I love you” she whispered, leaning her head on his chest. She snuggled in his warmth, the sun has risen up but she refused to wake up. If only she could freeze the time, she would.

Sehun heard her, he’s afraid that if he opens his eyes to see her in pain. He might change his mind and stay. Their debts are piling up. The hospital bills, the rehab center and Areum will have to stop going to her sessions as they’re running out of money.

Their family offered to help but Sehun is too proud. He wants to give his wife the best on his own. His father-in-law had done so much for him and so does his parents.

Sehun stayed by her side all the time, they tried to make the best out of the days remained. Both of them never one brought the subject about the move. Areum kept it all to herself, she wanted to cry, to beg him to stay but he has done a lot for her. This is the least  she could do for him.

Play pretend.

Smile even though it hurts so bad.

Laugh when he jokes around even when she’s going to miss it soon.

Desperate.

She wants him to stay.

“I love you” she whispered, leaning her head on his chest. She snuggled in his warmth, the sun has risen up but she refused to wake up. If only she could freeze the time, she would.

Sehun heard her, he’s afraid that if he opens his eyes to see her in pain. He might change his mind and stay. Their debts are piling up. The hospital bills, the rehab center and Areum will have to stop going to her sessions as they’re running out of money.

Their family offered to help but Sehun is too proud. He wants to give his wife the best on his own. His father-in-law had done so much for him and so does his parents.

 

“I’m making the new recipe that I have learned. You will love it, I promise!”

Sehun watched her busy back, stirring the soup, watching out for the boiling pasta, she’s doing it all alone. She wanted it to prove it to him that she’s fine now and he doesn’t have to worry about her anymore.

She missed cooking, and now she’s back to it for her husband. She will do anything for this man.

“Sit back, you don’t have to worry about me. I’m fine on my own” she patted his shoulder, smiling brightly.

“Take your time, I’ll be waiting at the living room”

As soon as she’s sure that he’s out from the kitchen, her vision turned blurr. Fresh tears filled her brown orbs, she quickly wiped it off with the apron.

“I’ll be fine, I’ll be fine” she comforted herself.

Sehun refrained himself from pulling her into his arms, he wants to tell that if she wants him to stay. He will. He’s not blind, he can read it all on her face. She’s sad about him leaving, just when things are getting better, he had to go.

“Are you sure that you’re ok there?” he peeked from the corner to see her washing her hands at the sink.

“Sit back, please” she tried to make her voice as cheerful as she could, but her red eyes said otherwise.

 

After setting the table, she walked over to the living room to see her husband lying down with his arm to cover his eyes. She chuckled, he must have fallen asleep out of boredom.

“Hey” she whispered. “The food is ready”.

He stirred in his sleep, slowly opening his eyes to see his wife looking at him.

“I’m hungry” he pouted.

Areum lead him to the dining room, they sat across each other. Sehun drank some water before twisting the pasta with his fork. She’s obviously nervous, her lips gone dry and she couldn’t stop fidgeting with her fingers.

He took the first bite of the spaghetti, slowly munching it.

“How is it?”

“Not gonna lie to you but it’s quite bland”

“Really?” her shoulders shrunk. “Would you like to have something else. Drink some juice, it must have been bad. I’m sorry, I’m so sorry”. She got up from her seat only to have him chase after her.

“Cry if you want to, don’t hide it anymore” he wrapped his arms around her petite figure. “It hurts me more to see you’re struggling to keep it to yourself”.

She clenched her fist, biting her lower lip. “I can’t be strong, I’m sorry.”

He held her when she lost the strength on her legs, she began sobbing in his arms.

“Don’t go, don’t leave me alone”.

“Ssshh” he her hair, running his fingers gently to soothe her. “You’re going to be ok, it will be tough at first. I promise you that it will soon be better. Let’s be with each other physically or not along the way. Nara needs you.”

“and I need you. Can you let me be selfish again? Can you stay? For me?” she loosened the hug, holding his shoulders.

Sehun looked away not meeting her gaze, he took a deep breath. He brought his palm up to hold her, brushing his thumb on her soft cheek.

“Let’s eat”

“I don’t feel like it anymore” she her heels, climbing up the stairs. The sound of the door being shut close filled the tensed air. She must be really upset to leave him standing there dumbfounded.

 

“Of course she’s upset, you’re leaving her for two years. She needs your support more than the sessions. It’s best for you to stay” Kris poured some drink for his brother-in-law, he received a call from the younger telling him that he has to say something.

“Hyung, as much as I want to stay. I can’t. I want her to have a good life, to live comfortably”.

“Then, fulfill her wish, to have a child with you”

Sehun shook his head, in disagree. “I can’t”

“Why? We can look after her when you’re not here.”

“She’s not ready, she’s afraid, I know her hyung. Her words are not necessarily right. I want her to completely heal, then I will not hesitate to build a family. You know how bad I want to have a child with her” he massaged his temple, drinking a few more shots.

Kris watched over the younger, drinking shot after shot. Areum will be mad about this but Kris couldn’t stop him, he’s too sad to stay conscious.

Drunk Sehun is a cheeky Sehun. He kept on hiccupping and his face was red as tomato. It’s about time he will be talking gibberish.

“Sehun I think that’s enough for today, let’s get you home” after paying for their drinks, Kris helped Sehun to stand on his feet to leave the pub.

“Hyung~ can’t we have one more? Just one more”

“You smell really bad right now so let’s go home to your wife”

He shook his head eagerly “No hyung, she’s mad at me. So let me sleep st hyung’s house, ok?”

“No, she’s alone and that is not good. Sehun get a grip” Kris supported his under arms, lying him down on the backseat. He carefully placed the other’s legs inside the car when his eyes caught the tears falling from the man’s eyes.

“I’m afraid hyung…I’m afraid that I can’t give the best for her” his voice cracked. He wiped off the pearls, sighing. “I will be too drunk to remember that I cry again in front of you right? Forget it hyung, I’m just high” he giggled.

“You’re trying hard enough now Sehun, maybe it’s time for you to have some rest. Chase after your dreams, don’t worry. I’ll protect her”

If only Areum is well enough to witness her husband breaking like this, Kris would have persuade her to accept his decision rather than going against it. They need some time off from each other and this moment will be the right time for it.

 

“CAN’T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT?!!” Kai yelled on his cellphone, massaging his temple. He loosened his necktie listening to the one speaking on the other line.

Nara heard her father’s voice from across her room, her little feet made their way to see what is making her father so angry. She hugged her raccoon plushie, Nana while watching the tall figure pacing back and forth.

“I hate the ideas, I detest the whole thing. Start over again, I want it on my table tomorrow morning. I don’t care if you don’t get any sleep tonight unless you want to get fired!” he hung up, throwing himself on the king sized bed.

“Papa” Nara braced herself to approach her exhausted and moody father.

Kai looked over his daughter, opening his arms out to her. “Come in Papa’s arms”.

“Papa what makes you so angry?” she tilted her head, sitting on his stomach.

“Just some stupid people”

She gasped in shock, “Papa you said the ‘S’ word. Papa that is bad, Papa’s friend must be upset to hear that.”

He smiled her hair. “Sorry princess, Papa is just so tired and nothing is going on well.”

“Cheer up Papa, I’m here for you.” She circled her short arms on her father’s side.

Kai wondered how his life would be if Nara is not with him, and Areum is too far away.

“Mama called me today, she told me that I can’t come to her house this weekend.” The tiny fingers swiftly moved to take off the necktie, gently putting it aside.

“Why?”

“Uncle Sehun is leaving for China and mama said she will be busy helping uncle to pack his things. Mama’s voice is different. Nara think mama cried a lot. Poor mama, right papa?”

Kai couldn’t help but to smile at the thoughts that he might be able to win her back while the man is away. He wanted to know how she feels towards him. If she has completely moved on or the guilt she felt for her husband is pulling her back from running back into his arms.

“Then we should make mama happy right?”

“Areum-ah! Areum-ah! It’s Kris”

She ran down the stairs to open the door after listening to her brother’s voice. She was surprised to see Sehun with his eyes closed, an arm around Kris’ neck.

“Bring him upstairs” she lead the way, letting Kris to lay Sehun down on the bed. Areum removed his socks and his coat hoping him to be a bit comfortable and went to send her brother off.

Kris was drinking a glass of water in the kitchen when she went down to find him

“We need to talk”

As if on a spell, she obeyed him and sat down on the sofa hugging herself. Her eyes were puffy and red, he let out a heavy sigh. As much as he doesn’t want to meddle in their problems, he has to be the one who needs to clear things out for the married couple.

“I met up with him at the pub, he gave me call”

Areum stayed silent, looking solemnly to the floor.

“I know you want him to stay and he wants to stay too but you see… he has the ambitions and you need to support him. About Nara, I understand that you have been lost for 4 years in her life and now that you can be with her, you don’t want to let her go and live with your husband who you think will be there for your whole life.”

“Why are you saying as if he’s going to leave me soon?” she stared at him, gritting her teeth.

“Why don’t you split the time for him and Nara? A year with him and another with Nara. I don’t see any problem with that.”

She smirked as if that is the most foolish idea she ever heard from  Kris. “2 years is not that long.”

“So you won’t have any problem sending him off right? Areum, I love you so much, I want the best for you and him, he’s struggling so much with you. So why don’t you give him something in return this time? Let him go with a smile, you have 5 days left. Make sure every moment is the greatest.”

“But I hate living without him” her voice turned mellow as she bit her nail, brushing her fingers through her hair.

“ and so is he. What do you think make the rigid Oh Sehun get so drunk to even stand on his feet? It’s you. He feels so guilty to leave you, this is not about him. It’s about you. He wants to provide you with the best. Seeing Kai as a successful businessman with his huge company and what not challenged him. It’s men thing. He’s insecure and no matter what you say, his thoughts will never change. He is jealous that Kai has Nara when he’s not but he doesn’t want to burden you after all the things you faced. Give him some time, treasure him Areum. I don’t want you to regret it later.”

“Kris” she called, throwing herself in the other’s embrace. She started to sob uncontrollably wetting his shirt with her tears. “I just can’t let him go.”

“He’s not going anywhere sweetheart, you are his everything.” He kissed the top of her head. “Be nice to him ok, I need to go now, I have work tomorrow.”

“Kris”

“Hmm?”

“Are you still…. doing ‘the’ job?”

After years, she finally has the guts to ask him whether he’s still sleeping with strangers for a living. He doesn’t have much choice, he’s not an educated person, he barely graduated high school so what much can he do to be so well off?

“ Actually… I’m not working at the moment. I’m studying business to help Amber and Uncle around the company. I didn’t ask for it, he offered me. So why not? I want my little sister to be proud of me”.

“I am always proud of you Kris, you’re the best. I love you so so much galaxy”.

“Stop teasing me” he chuckled making you laugh too. “Stop holding me back, I’m going home. Remember what I say ok? I love you too sister.” He pecked her cheek, wearing his coat.

“Take care Kris”

“You too” She watched him getting in his car, waving at him. After turning off the lights, she climbed up the stairs. Sehun was sleeping soundly, hugging a pillow.

She slowly began to remove his shirt and pants, leaving him in his boxers. He’s a lot more comfortable like that, she went in the bathroom to get a bowl and a towel. Not taking her eyes off him, she cleaned his body. Sadness enveloped her as she looked at his tired face.

“I will love you more than you love me” she whispered in the dark, putting everything aside. She lied down next to him, hugging his waist, leaning her head on his chest. Sehun stirred but he’s not waking up. His arms moved around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him.

____________

The longest, I guess? Commnets please, I don't benefit from any of these except for your comments

Subs, COMMNETS and upvote

Luv youu

Guess what's next?