Save the last dance for me

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Dedicated to my commentors amiradiba, hyunnie94,KissMeFanny,AhRa92 , amarisarin and all my subscribers. Leave me comments please^^

_____________________

Kris was busy running around the ballroom trying to make sure that everything will be perfect for his parents’ anniversary. He had a hard time to accept his mother after she left the both of them when they were just a child. When he got to know that she got remarried, he couldn’t forgive her for abandoning them however

Time heals the pain

After living with his step father and mother for some time, their kind gestures melted his heart. He became a child again after throwing away his youth for his precious sister. Now, he’s the one being protected, being cared of not the one taking care of others.

“Kris, have you seen Areum?” asked Amber to her step-brother.

“She called me saying that she couldn’t make it for the prep but she will come for the event.”

“Really? Mama will be excited to hear that.”

“Great.”

Kris sighed after Amber walked away, he felt sorry for his sister after listening to her story. She told him about Sehun’s accident and how he has lost his memory. She cried and could hardly even breathe on the line. It was early in the morning before sunrise, he panicked when he saw her caller ID.

3.00 a.m.

Areum was squirming in her sleep, sweating from the scary nightmare she had. She saw herself in the mirror but her reflection won’t follow her moves and ‘her’ in the mirror had a wicked smile on and disheveled hair. Then, came the faceless girls, pulling her hair, kicking her, hurting her in many ways.

Her eyes were swollen when she woke up, she cried in her sleep again. She looked over the figure that’s lying on the floor away from her. Sehun was deep asleep to be disturbed by her. That was when she remembered about her mother’s wedding anniversary.

She could not let Sehun wanders around clueless during the event, she can’t stick with him all the time too so she needs help and Kris comes to mind. Her reliable older brother who never let her down. She picked up her cellphone from the nightstand, making her way to the walk in closet, sliding the door close, she pressed her number 2 speed dial.

After 3 rings, she was greeted by a sleepy voice of her brother.

“Hello”

“I’m sorry, I now it’s late but I-“

Kris panicked when he heard her sobbing on the other line, his eyes wide opened. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

She knew he must be extremely worried to hear her crying. “It’s about Sehun.”

“Did he hurt you?”

“No, no… it’s… he’s sick.”

She didn’t know how to explain, and how to just drop the bomb. She’s still overwhelmed by her husband’s condition and to make it clear to other people is a lot more challenging.

“I’m coming over” Kris got up to his feet when she stopped him.

“No, don’t. He’s sleeping right now… Sehun got into an accident in China and… he can’t remember me anymore” there she did it. She slides down the wall to her bottom, knees up to her cheeks. “He’s keeping it a secret but …. I don’t want him to be pressured by the sudden urge to gain his memories back. Tonight’s event…. I don’t know what to do. I need your help.”

 

Kai wanted to skip the event but he couldn’t let Nara down after she chose her own gown and hairband. The little girl is loved by Areum’s family, they accepted her with open arms and tears of joy. Somehow, Amber and Kris still gave him the cold treatment, he deserves it.

He put on black dress shirt with a black blazer, he needs to stay low not to drag any attention on him. There might be his business partners at the event and he’s not interested to steal the spotlight. Compared to Areum’s step father, Kai is far more successful and many people want to work with him if he’s not too picky.

 

On the other side, Sehun wore a black turtle neck with dark green coat, he insisted on not being too formal. He walked down the stairs first to the garage to start the car.

“Are we good to go?”

He turned to the owner of the voice, it would be a total lie if he’s not stunned by her beauty. Areum always live up to her name but with make ups and hairdo , she’s far more gorgeous. He likes it no, he loves it a lot.

“Y-Yes” he stuttered, clearing his throat, he averted his gaze from her.

“I wear this dress to suit yours, this is the only green I could find.”

“You look beautiful” there came the compliment, he couldn’t help it. She just stole his gaze and took his breath away.

Areum was suddenly shy by the compliment, she looked down to her hands on her lap, trying to hide the shades of pink on her cheeks.

“Glad you like it.”

If he thinks that is the end of it. He’s absolutely wrong. He parked at the reserved parking slot, walking to her side, being a gentleman for the day. He offered her his hand to the lady.

Image result for 2016 dress for formal event emerald green

She stepped down the car on her heels but the high slit at the front, showed her perfect legs that shake Sehun’s heart. She took his hand, happy for his act of kindness.

“Thank you”

“Let’s get inside.”

The hall was full with people but Areum managed to spot her tall brother with dark red locks, he told her about his sudden change of hair colour. She was amazed by how it suits him more that she thought it would be.

“Hey gorgeous” he pecked her cheek earning a glare from Sehun.

“Good to see you brother in law” Sehun shook his hand, still in confusion.

Areum grabbed Sehun’s hand which helps to relax him a bit. “This is Wu Yifan my brother but, call him Kris. He knows about your condition and he will help you out tonight.”

“You mentioned him occasionally but I just couldn’t keep that in mind.”

“No worries, let’s just eat through the night” she looked around looking for Amber and her parents. 

“Amber is somewhere with her friends, come let’s go greet mama and Uncle. Did you tell him about our family’s history?”

Areum chewed her lower lip, totally forgetting the most important thing. “I forgot.”

“Well our father died when we were small, and our mother remarried this man. Amber is our step-sister. That’s enough for now. Let’s go meet them” short and simple, Kris’ style of talking to other people. He’s just never that interested to anyone other than his sister.

Sehun didn’t let go of Areum’s hand, the place is too crowded for him. He’s uncomfortable and nervous.

“You’ll be fine” she comforted him, as if she knows what’s going in his mind.

“Sehunnie, Areum” an elegant woman with a face that has the resemblance of Areum and Kris pull him into a hug. “How’s my favorite son-in-law doing?”

“G-good.” He stuttered a lot tonight, everything just so new and foreign to him.

“Mama, he’s your only son-in-law. Amber is avoiding the topic of marriage again isn’t she?”

“Your sister, the same as always. It’s nice having you back here in Korea, Areum has been really lonely and grumpy without you.”

“Mama! “ Her face reddened again, why is she acting like a school girl?

“Areum”

“Uncle” she gave a hug to her step father. “Congratulations for the 6 years.”

“Thank you sweetie and have you seen Amber? She took one of my favorite necktie. Don’t look for your sister in a dress but dress shirt. She won’t wear her dress.”

They laughed except for Sehun, he couldn’t get the joke and he’s totally not blending in the conversation. Areum was quick to sense it, she excused themselves, heading to the balcony for some fresh air.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have brought you here. You must be so uncomfortable."

"It is but.. as time passes by I have to know them right?" He leaned his back on the railing facing Areum. She took one step at a time, approaching him.

"Do you... remember this place?"

He didn't want to be a jerk and let her down but it's the reality. Nothing is triggering his memory to come back, nothing. "Tell me." The best answer he could come out with.

She took a seat at the bench, still facing him. "We got married in this same hall." She rooted for herself from the inside, to stay calm and not to burst ou in tears in front of him. 

His face soften to hear it, he looked around before shaking his head again. "I'm sorry Areum-ah." He dropped the honorifics again, that's the best he could do rahter than talking to her like strangers but no names like honey or babe ever coming out from his mouth again. 

"Both of us escaped from the crowd, coming to this balcony. I was tired of forcing a smile on my face and so do you. We had our first ever proper talk after becoming husband and wife, and we smile a lot more sincere without anyone's judge. And we danced under the moonlight, in a world of our own." She tapped her feet on the ground, looking down to her glittering stilletos when he kneeled on one knee in front of her.

"What are you doing?" her eyes were watery when she think of that time, and the last thing she wanted right now is for him to see her sad face.

"Can I have this dance?" He brought his palms up to cup her face. He used his thumb to brushed off her tears. "For now, I am the Oh Sehun that you know. The man who married you, the man who cherish you with all his soul. This is the least I could do to make you happy tonight."

She shook her head, smiling bitterly. "You don't have to."

"I insist... please.. dance with me, my wife." He grabbed her hands, pulling her up with him. 

There was no music, they were far from the hall to even listen to the people talking. There were just them and the air, with the moon witnessing their moment.

He carefully placed his hands on her waist, not to surprise her. She hesitantly, held his shoulders, not brave enough to face him. She kept her eyes on their feets. 

"Look at me" he whispered, swaying their body from side to side. 

"I-"

"Please" he pleaded, she lifted her chin up, her eyes fluttering open out of the nervousness. "Did we danced like this?"

She nodded shyly, again trying to look away when his eyes look into hers. "Get ready, I'm coming closer."

She didn't see it coming, he pull her closer till their body was pressed to each other. She gasp in shock earning a soft chuckle from him. "I warned you."

He's teasing her to help ease his own crazyily beating heart and he loves it when she looked so shy. Areum inhale his familiar smell, closing her eyes. Sehun was not expecting her to lean on him, she had her face buried in his chest, arms circling his body. Still dancing to their own rhytm. 

Both of them  were speechless, not knowing what to say and without thinking of anything , erasing all the worries in their mind at that moment like a replay button.

They dance and dance comforting themselves with each other's existence. 

Just like the night , when they got married.

No words exchange but their actions speaks louder than anything.

Sehun might not remember Areum but one thing for sure, and he knows it,

he loves this woman.