The ones who left behind

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Areum stood still holding Nara in her arms as they lowered down the coffin, her eyes swollen from crying too much. A part of her is gone along with the Kai buried under the ground. She loves him, she still do , very much like the very first time she admitted her love for him. Worst, she only realize it when he's gone, too late for anything now. 

Kris placed a kiss on her temple, his hand on her back trying to give her some comfort she needs the most. Amber stood with her father and step-mother , looking at Areum's sad figure from behind. Everyone is having a hard time with Kai's death and Sehun still unconcious in the hospital. 

"I love you Mama, don't cry. Papa is in heaven watching us now. Papa is not in pain anymore."

Areum hugged her daughter tighter, she's the one who supposed to be strong but she fails. Nara starred into her mother's eyes, rubbing her small thumb on her mother's cheek. Her small gesture brought a smile to Areum's face, how can this small girl be so positive when all she wants is to be angry at what's happening, why her? She has so much on her plate already and now this? 

"Come here sweetie" Kris stretched out her arms to hold Nara. 

"Nara wants to go down, Mama?"

"Y-Yes , go to Uncle Kris." Nara didn't listen to her mom and ran towards Amber who held out a lollipop to her.

"I love him Kris, I love him so much" she broke into tears clutching on Kris' coat, burying her face in his chest. "I should have told him." 

"He knows Areum" 

"Why you say that?" she lift her chin up to look at him. "Tell me"

"Why do you think he keeps on pursuing you? Whatever you have with him ends now, you have a husband who cares for you much more than Kai did. And you're pregnant with his child so stop thinking about Kai, he's in the past now. Move on." She sensed anger in his voice, she shouldn't dwell in memories. Sehun is her  future and she needs to stick that to her mind.

 

"Please leave sir, my son is in no condition to talk to you." 

A detective from the local police department came to take Sehun's statement on the accident. Mr. Oh , Sehun's father is furious as they insisted to see Sehun who's clearly unable to respond for the time moment.

Sehun's physician saw the commotion and came to explain. "He's in induced coma, you won't be able to hear from him today so I suggest you come again tomorrow. I myself will inform you, please give me your number."

The detective was reluctant at first, but he handed his name card to the doctor and walk away. 

"Nana!" Nara ran into the arms of Mrs. Oh, behind her Areum , Kris and Amber all in black since they came directly from the funeral. Mr. Oh saw the sullen face on her daughter in law and gave her a comforting hug, rubbing her back gently. "Is he ok?"

"He's fine, the doctor said he will wake up tomorrow. Have u eaten?"

Areum slowly shook her head, she needs to remember that she's not eating alone anymore. She has another life inside her and that she shouldn't be selfish.

"Let's all have lunch together. I want you and my new grandchild healthy." He beamed, tucking her loose strand of hair behind her ear. She missed this, love from a father, fresh tears filled her eyes at his warm gestures. "I want to see Sehun for a bit, just wait out here." She held her tears and twisted the door knob , Sehun broke his arm and injured his head, compared to Kai, he's healthy. She sat at the edge of the bed, taking Sehun's good hand in hers and kissed his cheek. 

"I have something very important to tell you, I expect to see your eyes staring at me in surprise tomorrow. I'm going out for lunch with the family and I won't be able to accompany you tonight , Nara needs me the most right now. I love you." She his face lovingly , Sehun looks very alive. like he's sleeping soundly and couldn't be bothered with anything, she felt a tug in her heart. Anger. She remembered Kai's pale skin, bluish lips, heavy breathing and his cold skin while Sehun... They were both in the same car accident, the damage took Kai's life because he's so fragile, because he was sick. 

Unfair

She snapped out from her thoughts ,letting go of Sehun's warm hand. "I-I'll see you tomorrow."

Kris noticed Areum's change, she's biting her lip , her face flushed as if she's trying so hard to control her emotions. "Areum" 

"Mmm ?"

"Let's go."

 

She didn't want to leave her son but he's no longer able to come home with her. As soon as she got home, the maids greet her with a deep bow. She went up the stairs with heavy steps, walking to her son's bedroom. She won't be able to hear that voice anymore, listen to his footsteps when he came home late from work or have the same argument over and over again.

"Jongin?"

He's still a child in her eyes, the President of one of the leading company in Korea still leave his dirty clothes on the floor and refused to have any of the maids to come in unless he told them to. She picked up a dress shirt he wore yesterday and sat down on his unmade bed. "Why you leave me alone son?"

She cried and cried like she never cried before. She knows that she should let him go and move on but he's the only child she has, he was her world , the driving force that keeps her moving. She separated with Kai's father when she found out about his mistress, but she never told him about it. All these years Kai blamed her attitude for the divorce but that's not the truth. She didn't want him to see his father as a cheating bastard who left his family for another woman and never once mind to call or ask about his son.

She saw him at the funeral accompanied by a young man who's probably a few years younger than Kai, he called him father. The child he had with his mistress.

She lied down on his bed, holding Kai's shirt to her chest. She could smell his scent on the pillow. "I miss you so much."

 

Nara was sleepy in the car on their way home, no wonder she fell asleep so easily once Areum tucked her in bed,. She didn't talk much like she always do, and Areum is gretful that her daughter didn't ask about Kai for the day. Everyone's exhausted and lacking of sleep. Kris couldn't accompany her tomorrow since he needs to head to the office, his step father wants him to visit a new site. His past work as an did him some good, he's good at networking.

Areum knew she wouldn't be able to get any sleep, she grabbed her sweater and walked out from the room carefully close the door not to wake the sleeping beauty. Eventhough Kris and Amber isnsited she comes with them and sleep over at her parents', she refused. She wants to be alone at the moment and Kris clearly won't leave her side if she stays there.

She didn;t know why, but her heart told her to go in Sehun's office at the top floor. The place is neat, no papers on his usually messy working table. She sat on his chair, looking out the window now she knows why Sehun loves this room. The view is beautiful , the night lights illuminate the darkness. She leaned back looking up the ceiling and back to the window when she saw a reflection of a safe in the cupboard behind her.

She stood up to check on it when she sees it has been opened, and it seems like her neat freak husband forgot to clean up. She found a silver cartier ring with black diamonds on it, it's so rare but she has seen someone wearing it...

Kai

Why is it here in Sehun's safe? But it could be that they both share the same taste until she took a closer look and the word 'K. J' carved in the inside.

K.J

Kim Jongin

_______________

I'M BACK FOR GOOD, I will finish this fanfic and I hope you people will keep supporting me. I know I have been missing for solong and I am struggling to get back on track but I will not be missing anymore . 

Long story short, I got in medical school. Im on my second year. My grandpa passed away and my dad is back healthy.

Please comments , I'll read one by one and please do suggest any of ur thinking in the somment section below so I can get some ideas from you people too.

Thanks T-T