Being alone

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

 

Areum sat on the counter watching her husband’s busy back frying eggs on the stove, she swung her long slender legs back and forth, tilting her head. Sehun was too focusing on making breakfast that it bored the wife.

“Can you at least talk to me?”

He turned his back to face her, kissing her cheek. “Sorry dear but I don’t want to ruin the breakfast”

After they came back from the 5 days honeymoon, Sehun took a week off to see how things will work while he’s out. How Areum behave without him every day for 12 hours, truthfully, he’s afraid to leave her alone. Tomorrow will be the first day he’s going to work after the break.

3 days ago, he had to leave to attend a client from the office and when he got back, Areum was knocking her head on the wall, her gaze was empty as her anxiety took over. Kris told him to explain everything that he’s going to do before leaving the house, what time he’s leaving, what time he’s coming home. He couldn’t help but to become nervous everytime  Areum is not in his sight.

“Can we go to the mall after this?”

He continued back to his work, flipping the pancakes. “Do you need anything?”

“Just thinking about buying something for Amber’s birthday, you forgot it didn’t you?”

He sheepishly rub the back of his neck, Areum is sensitive about anniversaries , dates, 

birthdays and all the special occasion she has in mind. Sehun is well aware of that but he has many things occupying his mind that he forgot little things about her like this one.

“We’ll buy her a new pair of sneakers, the one she failed to get one” suggested the lady, hugging her husband from the back. Sehun smiled, appreciating every calm moment they have.

 

Kris was busy writing down on the journal he’s going to hand down to his brother-in-law. It has everything that happened for the 4 years since Areum’s first diagnosed with depression. He has been keeping everything on the papers, her suicide attempts and how he convinced her to end each and every one of it.

Amber joined him at the family lounge, watching how the other’s eyebrows creasing with each word he wrote.

“What are you doing?”

He ignored her continue with his work. They are siblings now but Kris never stop being cold to Amber. He couldn’t accept the fact that his mother married another man and he was forced to live under the same roof with his step family. He has been lonely without Areum, somehow he missed the sound of her crying, calling his names and even the empty gaze she had after she hurt herself.

“I wonder what I’ll get for my birthday” Amber kept on trying to get Kris on her side every time she saw him but the other never gave her a proper respond. After Areum got married to Sehun, Kris has been a bit down , everyone in the house can see that so Amber decided to give her sister a call.

 

The next morning, Sehun woke up first to get ready to go to work. He grabbed a towel to cover his bare body, making his way to the bathroom. Areum was still in bed, soundly asleep. In the bathroom, he took away his razor, the medicine box and every possible thing that Areum can use to hurt herself and kept it in a box.

Then, he tip toed his way to the kitchen, keeping away all the knives and sharp utensils. He didn’t forget to lock the rooms that they didn’t use and keep all of the stuff in the box there. After he made sure that Areum is going to be safe on her own. He climbed up the stairs to their shared room.

He sat on the bed, her hair.

“Areum-ah, wake up, you have to see me off” he never forget to give her a kiss on the forehead, a habit of his. He collected the scattered clothes on the floor, putting it in the laundry basket while she’s still curled up in bed.

“Honey, it’s time to wake up now” he reached for her night gown, helping her to put it on. She hugged him tight, refusing to get up. She must have been tired from the endless shopping the other day and last night activity. So he carried her downstairs while she’s hanging up on him like a Koala. Areum lost a lot of weight and it’s hard for her to gain it back when it’s hard to force her to eat a spoonful.

“Do you really have to go?” she pouted, burying her face in the crook of his neck. Sehun put her down on a chair, he kneeled to face her.

“I’ll be back as soon as I finish my work ok? I couldn’t have lunch at home as I have an important meeting to attend. I’ll be back at 7pm then we’ll have our dinner outside, in the mean time you have to stay home and enjoy yourself. The housekeeper will be here at 10 a.m. and she’ll be back at 5p.m. She will do the laundry, clean the house and cook something for your lunch. I showed you her picture yesterday right? Enjoy your time together” he tried his best to explain everything to her, so that she could suit herself in the situation and not to get to surprise by the changes. She nodded, tidying his hair.

“I’ll be waiting” her voice was calm and mellow, her eyes looked warmly into his. He felt a bit emotional from the warmth feeling she’s giving him. Sehun quickly stood up, taking a deep breath to hold back his tears.

“I need to fix myself some breakfast” he cleared his throat, pouring some cereals in his bowl. Areum rested her head on the dining table, looking at him.

He had his breakfast with her eyes on him all the time. It gives him hope that

She’s recovering.

 

“Look who’s here!!!”

Sounds of party poppers and whistles filled the 14th floor, his co-workers surprised him with his comeback party. His bestfriends, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were the one who planned it all.

“How was your honeymoon Director Oh?”

Sehun smacked his friends’ head playfully, thanking the staffs for their preparation with the balloons and decorations.

“It was fine”

“Cold as always” complained Baekhyun the diva, Chanyeol kept on smiling creepily at the youngest. “Our Sehunie has grown up”

“Shut up guys, by the way, are you slacking off by not doing your work and spent your time to do these things for me?” he walked in his room, followed by the two troublemakers.

“Errrr,w-we’re just happy to see you back”

“You don’t have to and what about this Mr.Kim from Japan?”

Chanyeol rushed to the Director’s table, looking for the papers. “Yes, he wants you to design the interior for his house. The house was left unattended for 4 years, what do you think will be there? Be careful”

“Cut out the crap Chanyeol” After chasing the two out, he looked through the papers. Some of the pictures of the house were attached to the file and the blueprint too.

“Main focus, a room for his 4 years old daughter, the living room and the kitchen. A daughter… how lucky is he” he spun his chair, looking at his wedding picture, framed on the table. “ Can we have a child too Areum-ah? I will wait no matter how long it will take or I’ll just forget about it, if you don’t want to”

___________

Tq for the subs and comments 

Do comments so I can be more motivated to work faster

Tq to Hana55, annisanovy,  zoldyk,imMLIC, m_queens, angergirl  for commentind!! You guys made my day^^