2 people

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Sehun left for his work after making sure that his wife is under the right care. He was anxious the whole time he's not by her side. Baekhyun and Chanyeol could see how tired the designer is but he's refusing to rest and even lunch. Sehun just wanted to finish his work early so that he could be at the hospital earlier to see his wife. Not sharing his problems with his two bestfriends made it harder for them to understand him or offer him comfort.

" We got you something" Baekhyun put a packed food on his table, crossing his arms. "I bought it for you to eat before it gets cold. Can you please stop whatever you're doing and eat? You need to live Oh Sehun".

"I will hyung, don't worry" 

Chanyeol has been watching but looking at how he's dongsaeng was getting more tired than he was before, he need to say something. "Sehun-ah, Baekhyun's right. You have changed"

"Hyung, can we talk about this later? I need to work" not even once did he look up from his computer to look at his two friends. 

"Can you just please share with us about your problems? Maybe we can help" Baekhyun shook his head at Chanyeol's trial to make the youngest talk to them.

"There's nothing wrong, I'm just trying to go home faster".

Baekhyun sighed, pulling Chanyeol with him. "Come on Yeol, I guess we're not that important to him anymore"

Sehun knew how much his hyungs are worried about him but he didn't want to burden them with his problems and it's best for his wife if everyone to think that she's fine. Isn't that better than people giving him the 'sorry' look everytime he goes to work.

 

Kai stood silently in front of the room, the name 'Wu Areum' was written on the door. He took a deep breath to find the courage to twist the doorknob and meet the person he missed the most.

4 years ago..... this must be what scares her the most, the sight of him lying down helplessly on the hospital bed.

His heart was beating extremely fast, he lift his chin up to see the pale figure , his long lost love..

The mother of his daughter

His only love

But the happy, cheerful girl is now gone. The hospital gown with short sleeves displays the scars on her arms, bruises, cuts. He looked away from the figure, his eyes betrayed him, no matter how hard he try to held it back, the tears rolling down his cheeks couldn't ease the pain he's feeling right now. He moved closer to the bed, every steps he took, he could feel his world crumbling down. 

"A-Areum-ah" he wiped his tears away, touching her soft cheek. She looked the same as he last saw her, on the day before she gave birth to their daughter. "I'm here now, wake up, please".

He held both of her hands, tangling her fingers with his. He saw the ring on her finger, her wedding band. The moment when the private investigator told him that she's married to the famous designer Oh Sehun who he just met the day before, he couldn't believe how that man could play pretend and refrained himself not to punch him on his face. Afterall, he did this to the poor girl who fell in love with the wrong person. 

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" his voice cracked, he kept on apologising, sobbing incontrollably. "I did wrong, punish me but just wake up. I want to see your smile". As if his prayer was answered, he felt her hand moving in his grasp. Her eyes fluttered open, the hazel eyes.

" Kai?" she called. "Can I finally be with you and our daughter?" Am I....dead?"

He hugged her tight, kissing her forehead. She slowly leaned in his embrace, feeling some peace in the arms on this man, who leave her alone in pain yet gave her made her one of the luckiest person alive.

"I'm so sorry Areum-ah, I'm so sorry" 

"Why did you leave me? Why did you give up on fighting back? Why did you leave me alone?" She couldn't deny that she missed him, she wanted to be with him so much that she forgot about someone. The one who tried his best to fix her broken soul, the one who's standing right at the door.

"Get off her!!" Sehun pulled Kai by his neck, shoving the man down to the floor. "What do you think you're doing?!!" he couldn't believe what he just saw, it's the first time he raised his voice at her. He was in rage, he knew no matter how hard he try, there's still the spot in her heart that is filled with the other man. 

"What are you doing here Sehun?" She was confused, isn't she's dead? Isn't her suffering finally ended? 

"You're not dead! You're alive and so do this bastard!!" He picked Kai up and punched him on his face, Kai didn't fight back, he deserved it. Kai kept his eyes on his lover who's watching them, she's crying yelling for him to stop.

Sehun a deaf ear, everytime he heard her voice, his heart shattered bits by bits and it's killing him, hurting him.

"Stop it! Sehun please, stop! You're hurting him!!" 

"He lied to you! He's a fu*ktard, can't you see that?! Can't you?!"

"Security!! I'm sorry sir but you have to leave the building" they grabbed Sehun by his arms, pulling him with them.

"You too sir" they helped him up, his face was bleeding, he will have bruises on his face tomorrow. Worst comes worst, his princess will have to see this.

"Let me walk by myself"

"We'll take you to the ER" offered the head security, the hospital belongs to him anyway.That explains how he got in without any problems even when Sehun prohibit anyone but himself and their family in. That's how the world works, you're up the food chain, you'll get whatever you want.

"I love you" he smiled , before turning away from her. "I'll come back later".

 

"Open the door, I know you're in there"

Sehun reluctantly let his brother-in-law in his house, all he wanted was to be alone and he's not letting him. Kris sat on a chair at the living room, he shook his head when Sehun approached him with a half-empty bottle of soju in his hands. His face was red, his normally neat buttoned up shirt is now crumpled. 

"It must be stupid of me to ask why you're here" he smirked, finishing  the alcohol in one shot. "I won't answer you now, too drunk for that".

"Sit down, you'll collapse anytime from now"

"If only, she's the one who's worried about me" he shook his head, laughing at his innocent thoughts. 

Kris pulled him down to sit beside him,he took the empty bottle away. "Am I the one who's naiive hyung?"

"Get some sleep, I'll bring you upstairs".

"How can I sleep when any moment from now, my wife can just poof! Dissapears with that man. Did I just wasted my time trying to win her heart?"

Kris didn't know how to answer that, his sister is never an open book. He felt sorry for Sehun but when he asked Areum about it, she didn't give him an answer. 

"Sleep, I'll sleep here too.Too tired to move"

"Was all the time I spent with her was a midsummer night's dream? Was I that foolish to believe that she will one day love me back?" 

"Sleep, you have to go to work tomorrow"

"Siblings...you sounded just like her".he tried to stand up on his feet but failed to, he collapsed on the floor as the booze took after him. Kris pull him up only to see more bottles of alcohol scattered around. 

"I can't answer you, I don't know".he whsipered to the younger man, guiding him to his room. Kris had to look away from the wedding picture hung up on the walls. 

 

"Are you sure that you want to marry my sick sister?"

"I have never been this sure in my whole life. Don't worry hyung, I'll take a good care of her" 

Since then, Kris has accepted the young man as the person who can make his little sister happy. He witnessed all of the pain he has been through, all the episodes of his struggles to keep her safe and sound and to see this tough man broken in pieces, he totally didn't expect that. 

"One have to go and it's not you"

____________________

Sorry for not updating last week, I was busy for school.

Subs and comments please^^

I'll read them all and take suggestions to count, don't be silent readers, I need to know waht you think, give me the vitamins!! ^^