Jealousy

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Special thanks to KissMeFanny, hana55, amarisarin, apink6memory, Fei_Lin, and aftermidnight265 for the comments. 

Keep commenting guys^^, don't be silent readers ne?

____________________

As promised, Kai came in the evening to pick up his daughter. He loosened his necktie, walking out from his car when a figure caught his eyes.

Sehun

He was walking at the front porch with Nara in his arms, Sehun has always been nice to his daughter but not really nice. He refused to hold her if Areum’s around. Not to mention Nara’s frequently changing behavior. Sometimes she likes her Uncle Sehun and there are times when she won’t even look at him.

He looked around trying to find Areum. At this time, she might be busy preparing some food for Nara to bring home. Since Areum started to cook again, she never forgets to pack some for Nara. The little girl is extremely picky when it comes to food but she eats everything her mom made.

Somehow, he hates the sight of his daughter giggling alongside that man.

“Papa!” Nara patted Sehun’s shoulder asking him to put her down, when her feets touched the ground she ran in Kai’s embrace. “Mama is inside.”

“Hey man, Areum told me you’re home. How’s China?”

Sehun didn’t like this man and his genuine looking smile. From his looks, he’s working in the business world, his blonde locks portrays his wild and bold side. Adventurous, risk-taker describes him best while Sehun is the total opposite. He loves schedule and plans.

Not to be rude, he smiled back. “Great but nothing’s like home.”

“Papa let’s go inside” Nara pull Kai with him and Sehun is now in the shadows. She only has her eyes on her father.

Areum came out from the kitchen with a lunch box and a water bottle. “I packed some of her favorite food and strawberry juice. Have you taken her for the flu shot?”

“Had it scheduled next week, Tuesday morning.” Kai casually grabbed an apple from the counter, taking a bite.

“Good” 

Sehun didn’t know what has gotten into him but for sure, Kai seemed to be flirting with his wife when he flashed his charming smile. Areum offered Kai some drinks they were in their own world talking about general things and Nara, something that Sehun still find awkward to. He couldn’t just talk to his wife when he wants to.

He cleared his throat trying to appeal in front of the two past lovers. “We’re going out for dinner, want to come along?”

.

He didn’t know what kind of rubbish he’s talking about, he wanted to get rid of this man but his mouth was inviting him to spend the evening with them. Areum raised an eyebrow, probably finds it funny that these two never will get along people actually trying to eat dinner together.

“It’s okay, Nara have to sleep early. She needs to go to the day care tomorrow. I’ll better get going then.”

“See you next week” Areum was the first to see Kai out with Nara in his arms.

“Give mama kisses” she pointed to her cheek earning a peck from the little one.

Sehun opened the door wider , Kai noticed how the other guy get so worked out from his visit.  Not wasting any more time, he made his leave.

 

“I don’t like him”

“You never did” she lied down on the couch, spreading her arms wide. “Are we really going out for dinner?”

“No”

Surprisingly, he grabbed her hand, pulling her up. Her eyes widened in surprise, not knowing what is he trying to do.

“That guy was flirting with you, don’t you see it?”

Their face was so close to each other, she could feel his breath on her skin. Their eyes met, she turned away from him.

That stare, does not belong to her husband. It was empty, with no feelings attached.

“You used to say that all the time too, are you jealous?”

He was flustered, his pupils were shaking. Was it jealousy? He tilted his head, using his right palm to cup her face. She was completely frozen.

“Maybe, it could be. Jealousy?” He whispered, leaning closer to her.

He closed his eyes, trying to get the feel of it. If they’re happily married, a kiss won’t be a problem right? He’s extremely curious , will kissing her gives him some clue about his real feelings? Will something sparks inside him?

Meanwhile, Areum was hesitating. She loves him so much but the new him? She’s not sure, this guy yelled at her, get mad and easily annoyed while her husband, was calm and never once tried to hurt her.

“W-Wait! I’m not disobeying you or what but… if what you’re trying to do is just a test or some sorts. Don’t pull me into this.”

She was pleading for mercy, for him to think of her feelings too. He’s being selfish and from his action during the day, he did nothing to please her.

She’s hurt.

“I’m sorry for getting mad at you… I was emotional and nothing is on my side now so.. I hope you understand.”

“I will try my best to understand your condition but it’s new for me too. We have to consider each other’s feelings. In that way, if we’re happy, we’re happy together and if we’re hurt, we’re hurt together.” She brushed her thumb on his cheek, looking into those pairs of dark eyes. “Truthfully, I want you to stay in the room with me. Trust me, we had so many good memories in this house. Let me guide you through this memory lane.”

He leaned in her touch, somehow it comforts him. “If that is what you want, I’m fine with it but we’re not sleeping on the same bed. For whatever reason, I am a man with desires. You may be my wife but I’m not the husband you remember. I don’t want to hurt you or take advantage of you. That is clearly why I’m making this decision. “

 

Areum was the first to climbed up the stairs to their shared bedroom, she took a shower, get changed and head to the guest room for extra blanket.

She lay it down on the floor, far from her bed near the door. She’s afraid that one night she might just ended up sleeping next to him. She left his side of bed empty, making her way to the right side, her spot.

Sehun’s eyes were fixed on the tv but his mind traveled elsewhere. He’s wondering if it’s the right time for him to sleep or to wait until she’s deeply asleep. It hasn’t been so long since she went up.

After two more shows, he yawned stretching his arms out. He turned off the tv and the lights before making his way upstairs. The room was dark, she must have been asleep. He slowly turned the door knob trying his best not to make any loud sound that could wake her up.

He dried his wet hair in the walk in closet when his eyes caught a glimpse of a book from her side of the closet. He reached for it and his heart sunken at the sight of the front page, a picture of a pregnant lady caressing her stomach.

“Prenatal care” he read it out, brushing the thoughts that it may be from the time when she had Nara. But he was proved wrong when he saw the things in the box where he found the book from. There was a box of ovulation test and pregnancy test. Both unopened.

Was she planning to talk it out to him when he came back from China? He kept everything bak to its place, pushing the box back in its supposed to be hidden spot.

He felt bad.

Did he just crush her dream? Or was it their dream together?