Kim Nara P2

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

It has been a week since Areum met her daughter, they had a hard time to return the little girl to his father. She kept crying and whining asking her mother to stay. Sehun kept quiet the whole time, he couldn't bring the girl to their house, Areum is sick and could hardly take care of herself so how can she be responsible for her daughter? He's not going to be home 24 hours to keep his eyes on both of them.

Areum was still in bed as usual, she had a hard time with the nightmares but it has been reduced to twice a week rather than 5 days or everyday before. Sehun looked at his reflection in the mirror, he's way better than before. His dark circles fades, his cheeks are not hollow anymore thanks to Areum for not having anymore suicide attempts or hurt herself.

"Honey, it's time to wake up" after picking out his outfit, he headed to the bed only to see no one lying down on it. "Areum-ah" he called, rushing downstairs smelling something burning in the kitchen. 

"I'm sorry, I was just trying to fry the eggs but it got burnt" she pouted, moving the frying pan from the stove. She's still in her white night gown, hair tied to a ponytail. Sehun pulled her into a hug.

"You're not hurt right?"

"No but the eggs can't be saved.It's dead"

Sehun burst out laughter, cupping her face, pinching her cheeks. "Nice try though, you need cooking class"

"Can I?" her eyes widened,she was afraid that he might scold her for coming to the kitchen and tried to cook. Kris would have turned into Hulk with the sight of her in the kitchen.

"Sure, if you promise me that you will be extra careful and... no such thoughts"

She his hair, softly pressing her lips on his. "I promise"

 

Kai skillfuly braided her daughter's hair, he promised Areum that she will have Nara all to herself on Saturday and send her home Sunday morning. A part of him is happy that the mother and daughter finally reunited but another part of him wants to get Sehun out from the picture, to make him dissapear. His biggest fear is Nara will love that man more than himself.

"Papa will you be fine without Nara?"

"You will only not be around for a day, Papa can handle that and speak Korean".

"But Uncle Sehun understands me"

"Him, not your mother" 

Nara is a smart kid, she can recognised the envy from her father's voice. She turned to face him. "I love you Papa and no matter what you're my one and only"

"Speak the country" he joked, carrying her in his arms. "Let's go check if mama is here"

He's relieved after hearing that from the 4 years old, she always know how to make him feels better. He didn't recognised the black BMW X6 because Sehun rode an Audi R8 to his house before. Looks like he made an effort to buy a family car other than his favourite sports car. 

Kai's gaze followed the woman in a dark purple trench coat, holding hands with the tall guy beside her. She has her long dark hair down, red lipsticks make her shines more. 

"Mama!!" she reached her arms out to Areum. She ran in her heels leaving Sehun behind. "Sweetie" 

"Hey" Kai offered Sehun a handshake that the man received politely. "She's quite of a diva"

"I can see that" Sehun took Nara's bagpack from her biological father.

"Wu Areum?" 

Areum felt her body gone numb, that voice,  the one that belongs to a woman who yelled at her for ruining her son's life. Accused her for seducing him and forced her to abort her baby. She remembered how she was thrown to the floor and almost lost her baby because of her.

"Omma, can you please just go inside?" Kai insisted.

Sehun wrapped a protective arm around her wife's waist while she's holding Nara. 

"Are you ok honey?" he whispered to her ear. She shook her head, her hands shaking.

She's afraid.

"We'll get going now, don't worry we'll take a good care of her" Sehun guided her to their car. Nara was so excited that she's all jumpy and chatty happily waving her hands to say goodbye to her father.

Areum didn't let go of Sehun's hand, he could see the fear in her eyes. Just how badly hurt she is because of that woman and Kai. 

"It's going to be okay".

 

Nara refused to walk near Sehun. Areum didn't speak much, she only responds when the little girl ask her something. They were walking around the mall to buy some stuff to decorate Nara's room. Sehun himself painted a room next to theirs soft pink, Kai said that it's her favourite color. 

"What cartoon do you like the most?" he started a conversation to break the silence. Areum looked down to her daughter to see her reaction.

She paused for a second before choosing her cup. " Sophia the first"

"Never heard of it" he shepishly rub the back of his neck, Areum too was clueless. 

Nara crossed her arms looking at the two adults. "Mama, Uncle, you don't know Sophia?" her eyes widened like it's going to popped.

"No idea"

"No clue, enlighten me" said Sehun gaining a smile from her. He scored some love from her right?

After choosing a tinkerbell dinner set, she kept talking about how Sophia become  a princess after her mother married a king and yada yada. They laughed occasionally when she was really into it that they're lost in the story.

Having dinner in a kids cafe never crossed their mind, the menus with foods decorated with cartoons, just how many they have missed out? Nara chose to sit beside Areum, across her uncle. 

"Uncle what color is my bed? Papa told me that you design rooms, is my room very pretty Mama?" 

"It's a surprise, and I thought that your Korean is very bad" seeing how Areum didn't have the effort to start a conversation with the child, Sehun had to talk to her not to make her bored. 

"I lied to Papa because sometimes Papa had arguments with grandma, they didn't know that I understand them. It's always about me. Papa didn't want me to see mama while grandma didn't want papa to see mama. They yelled at each other, almost everyday. That is how Nara knew that Papa lied , he told Nara that we're seeing mama soon but Nara waited for a long time without news."

"Jerk" Areum murmured, her daughter's hair. "If mama knows that you're still alive, mama would have looked for you"

"Don't blame yourself, you didn't know" 

"Uncle is right mama, it wasn't your fault" Nara cupped her face, she leaned in her touch, feeling fresh tears filling her vision. 

She's still hurting after the trauma of losing her child and her lover at the same time. She wanted to take it all on him but not with their child listening to them. Areum didn't speak to Kai since the dinner, he contacted Sehun by leaving short messages for him to tell Areum and all of it is only about Nara, nothing more. Now, she hated the man she used to love the most.

 

Both of them were trying to put Nara to sleep, she's tucked in her bed holding tightly to her Bibo, a rabbit plushie. She had her eyes gazing at the two figures. They're looking awkwardly at her doing nothing.

"Bedtime stories?" she raised an eyebrow. "Do you have any story books?"

Areum and Sehun looked at each other before bursting into laughter. 

"We really know nothing about child care" 

Areum nodded in agreement. "Why don't you ask us things that you're curious about?".

"So... when did mama and uncle got married?"

"Early this year, in a hotel" answered Areum.

"Why didn't mama married papa, then we can live together"

Sehun bit his lower lip, looking away. Areum sensed the change in Sehun. Even if they're a married couple, he's still insecure around Kai. She's still bind to him because of Nara while Sehun has nothing to keep her with him except for the wedding band and the vow. If one day they broke up, they have no reason to see each other anymore. She may be depressed but she's not stupid.

"There are things that won't work out. Like your father and mama."

"But papa say we can work things out, everything, like how papa managed to braid my hair nicely and remember the names of my dolls" she insisted.

Areum looked over Sehun who's not smiling anymore, he rarely smiles but he did a great job with Nara that day. 

"Don't mama love papa anymore?"

Sehun was curious as well, is she still in love with that guy? He needed the answer too.

"Let's just go to sleep and stop talking"

"But you haven't answer my question" Stubborn, Kai raised a child who's just like her. Sehun is not even surprise, Areum is one with a rock head as well. 

"No, and now sleep"

Sehun smirked, she hates him and it's clearer now. Her voice said it all, hatred.

 

"I know that you needed the answer too" she blurted it out when he came out from the bathroom. Sehun lied down on the bed next to her, she turned to face him."Why didn't you ask me? Stop keeping things to yourself".

"I just don't want to be dissapointed, that's it" he pulled the cover up to his chest, closing his eyes. 

Areum needed to talk him out of his thoughts, he always comfort her so she has to do the same right? 

"I love you and I want you to know that, us not having a child won't change anything between me and him. We may have a child together but that's it. I'm not an idiot to go back to the man who betrayed me. The last time that I protected him was because, you were so mad that I'm afraid that you might break him and that's not you. That's just not the calm Oh Sehun  who has been a great man to me. I don't want to lose you" she moved closer to him, leaning her head on his chest.

Sehun opened his eyes when he felt his chest getting wet with her tears. "I will always be with you unless you're the one who want me to let you go".

"That will never happen" she kissed his cheek, hovering over him. "You did a great job with Nara today so I guess I have to give you a reward".

Sehun chuckled, placing his hands on her sides. "We can't, we ran out of it. Protection".

"Who needs protection" she started to place butterfly kisses on his face before moving down to his neck. 

"I don't want you to regret this, what if you get pregnant? You're not ready" He gently pushed her away from him, she's upset and she need to escape from it, to get things out from her head. Literally, she's not in her right mind. 

"But you are, you always wanted one"

"How did you know?"

Areum saw the look on his face whenever he sees children, his eyes sparkled. His poker face soften, he smiles a lot. The effort he showed to decorate Nara's room, to approach her, his wife's daughter with another man. Not everyone can do that. Sehun is really an amazing guy.

"I have always been watching you, and how you treated Nara. You are ready to be a father, always".

"But we have just been married for a few months, we're not stable enough to build a family. Let's give it a little more time honey"

He tried to talk her out of it, she's rushing things out and that's not her. She wanted to comfort him, to prove to him that she's his but Sehun knew better than that. 

Fear.

She's still afraid to have a child, her eyes were shaking when she said it out.

"I love you honey, really, but now is not the right time. We need to focus on Nara first, she needs your attention."

She couldn't argue more. "How can you always be right? I hate that"

"Come on you love it" 

She felt safe in his arms and didn't have a nightmare that night. It was too calm, his breathing soothe her.

Why couldn't she realised it sooner? 

This man loves her more than she loves him, and he's hurting more in their marriage. Her mistakes are being fixed by him, a man who has nothing to do with her hurtful past.

Kai.

Erased him.

She reminded herself.

_________

Comments please and subs always makes me happy

Sorry for not updating

Motivates me please by leaving commnets, I don't reply to it unless you ask me questions bcoz I don't want to annoy you so

Comments, ne? ^^