Tragedy

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

"Come on, it's still too early to buy baby's clothes."

"I want to surprise Sehun, we have to make it right."

Kris shook his head smiling as he tailed behind his sister. After the doctor confirmed that the fetus is healthy, Areum has been at her happiest state. She made him stopped by the mall instead of driving her straight home to get some rest. If that can keep the bright smile on her face, he can't say no.

Areum chose two sets of clothes one for a boy and another for a girl. "You think Sehun will prefer a boy or a girl?"

Kris her hair taking the two basket from her. "If it's with you, no matter what is the gender.. he's going to be so happy."

They queue in line to pay for their purchase, Kris handed Areum his wallet when his phone rings. He looked at the caller id.

"Hello mama."

"Kris" he heard her breathing heavily on the other line. 

"Ma, calm down."

"K-Kai, Sehun they.."

Kris waited for her words and when he did, he looses the grip from his cellphone. His eyes wide open, his mouth agaped, his heartbeat increases. He looked up to see Areum walking towards him in a hurry. "Kris? What's wrong?"

"We need to go now." He took her hand and couldn't brace himself to say a word. 

"Where to?" Not getting any response from her brother, Areum knows something's up and it's not a good thing. "Where are we going?"

"Kris! Answer me"

"You'll see."

She pull her arm from his grasp, standing on her ground. "Im not going anywhere unless you tell me the truth."

"Please don't make this hard for me." Kris ran his fingers in his blonde locks, he's sweating from the fear and nervousness. 

"I mean what I say. You're scaring me." Areum took a few steps back, eyes on him. "Tell me, now!"

"Sehun and Kai are in the hospital as we speak." He hold her shoulders , looking in her eyes. "Calm down please, think about your condition."

"W-What happened?"

"They crashed into each other's car"

Areum felt her chest tightened , her legs shaking. Kris quickly held her arms. "Areum, get a hold of yourself."

Her mind gone blank, just letting herself being lead by Kris to the passenger seat. Her hands shaking but still holding her purchase tightly, he helped her to put on the seatbelt and hurried to the driver's seat. Kris drove straight out from the mall, not sparing his sister a glance in case she breaks down. 

 

Seoul Medical Center

The moment he parked the car, Areum unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the door. Kris quickly rushed to her side as she got out the car. He grabbed her arm only to be harshly pushed away, she walked fast almost running to the Emergency. As soon as she got in, her mother hugged her tight. 

"Where are they Mama?" she stood still like a mannequin, looking straight to the front.

"Still in the emergency room" Mrs. Liu release the hug and caress her daughter's face. "They're going to be ok."

"Nara?"

"I fetched her from the kindergarten earlier, she's with Amber at home. She didn't know about this."

Kris hugged his mom, then hold Areum's hand ushering her to the waiting seats. She sat down, staring blankly at the floor, the paper bag with the baby's clothes still in her hands. Kai's mother and Sehun's parents arrived and each took their seats, nervously waiting for the doctor. 

"Mr. Kim Jongin's guardian" called a doctor coming our from the ER, Areum and Mrs. Kim stood up. "How is he?" they asked in unison.

"Mr. Kim... we are trying our best but we are losing him with each seconds pass."

"N-No, doctor please do something. That's my son, my son." Mrs. Kim held the doctor's arm, her tears fell down her cheeks. "Please doctor, I only have him. I have no one else, what should I do without my son, doctor please save him."

"Oh Sehun's guardian." Areum turned to the other side, watching her in laws rushing to the doctor. " He lost so much blood, we need blood type O."

"Im blood type O" Areum volunteered.

"She can't donate" 

Her in laws gave Kris a look, Areum sighed in defeat. "I'm pregnant." she announced drawing attention to herself. "and I need my husband with me."

"I'm O" said Mr. Oh.

"Please come with the nurse sir."

Mrs. Kim looked at Areum, clenching her fist. " You should be happy now, my son won't bother you anymore."

"Mrs. Kim, mind your language. We are all shocked from this news." Kris defended.

"My son is dying , your husband kill my son! " She held Areum's shoulders shaking her body, Mrs. Liu pull Mrs. Kim away from her daughter while Kris hugged Areum who broke into tears. "Why does my son loves a like you! "

"Ssshhh... Areum calm down."Kris covered her ears, turning her away from Mrs. Kim. "Why did Sehun do that?"

"Don't listen to her, Sehun is not like that."

Mrs. Oh picked up the fallen paper bag. "Hold this tight sweetie, Sehun must be thrilled to know about ur pregnancy. Congratulations you both." She wiped Areum's tears, hand placed carefully on her abdomen. "Take care of my grandchild."

"Kris... please get Nara here" requested Areum, she walked to Mrs. Kim who's clearly out of control. "I know you hate me, but I want Kai to survive too. If you would pray for him rather than crying, he would appreciate that more... and my husband is a great guy. Don't you dare accused him of such stupid act. I'm not the same girl you kicked out from your house 5 years ago, ask yourself, who makes your son unhappy. Me or you?"

 

Kai regained his conciousness, watching the chaotic scene in front of his eyes. His chest felt so painful like a heavy object is placed on his body. His vision is blur but he can make out a few things. 

"Nara" he thought his voice was loud but it came out as a whisper. "Nara"

"Sir, if you can hear my voice please blink."

His eyes closed slowly and he opened them again. "Areum." "Mother."

"His b.p is dropping."

"Defribrillator, charge up."

Kai shook his head, reaching for the doctor's arm. "S-stop", "Stop."

"It's ready doctor."

Kai looked right into the doctor's eyes, pleading for him to stop trying. "Stop."

"Doctor" called the nurse.

"Call his family in." The doctor knew, Kai's weak heart and lungs adding to the non-stop bleeding. He can't be saved, and so the experienced surgeon took a step behind and admitted his defeat. 

"Mr. Kim Jongin's family, please come in."

Nara held her mother's hand, walking in. Mrs. Kim started crying again, guided by Mrs. Liu into the ER. The nurses and the doctor had their heads down in deep sadness. Nara let go of Areum's hand , running to the side of the bed.

"Papa!"

Tears rolled down Kai's eyes to the voice of his daughter. "Nara" he called with a cracking voice, he forced a smile on his face. Nara climbed on the bed like she always did. She kissed his cheek. "I love you Papa."

Nara is smart, she knows it then. Her father is talking to her for the last time. "Mama and grandma is here."

"Mother," Kai reached for Mrs. Kim's hand. "I'Im sorry."

"You shouldn't be, you're my son. I love you."

He smiled weakly, running out of breath. He looked at Areum who's now keeping a smile despite the streaming invisible pearls from her eyes. "Hey... you look handsome." She kissed his cheek, his hair. "I'll take good care of our daughter, I have always love you the same." She whispered in his ear. 

"Take care my love." The words come out so slow from his mouth, only Areum can hear him as she's so close to his face.

Kai held his mother's hand tight.

Nara lie down next to her father, turning her face to him. "Have some sleep Papa, Nara is here." she pats his abdomen, eyes never leaving him. 

 

Kim Jongin

Time of death 4:10 p.m.

13th April 2017

 

 

In the presence of everyone he loves

 

His mother

 

His love

 

and their lovely daughter

 

Finally, a family he dreams about

 

____________________________

Please comment guys ^^

2 more chaps and im so sorry for not being able to update

I got issues with my life, but im holding on 

Stay healthy and be happy

-Cassielf29-