Epilogue

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

The final 2 last chapters, check the previous if you haven't 

Thank you for being here till the end and for those who gave up on this, maybe one day you may want to know the ending. You are welcome anytime since this ff will be here forever, waiting for you. Thank you! *bow*

Don't forget to leave me your final comment! ^^

The whole venue is decorated with fresh white flowers with hints of blue. Guests have started to fill in their seats while the bride fidgets with her fingers, pouting as she waits for her time to escape the suffocating space. In another room, a middle-aged woman in a soft pastel coloured hanbok smiled warmly at her husband while fixing his bow tie. Satisfied, she gave him a soft kiss on his lips which took him by surprise.

"You never change, my wife is so beautiful today."

She hissed at him. "Your daughter is the prettiest today, keep your eyes on her. She's already sulking that you're here with me."

"It's so hard to have two women in my heart." He playfully clutched his chest, pretending to be in pain.

"Appa, Noona is asking for you" called a young boy in his early 20's, sticking his head in at the door. "Appa quick! Noona is being a brat!"

"Told you, now go find your daughter."

"Yes Areum-ssi, feels like our wedding."

"Stop with your fantasy!" Areum pushed Sehun out the door with the help of their son, everyone knows how emotional their one and only princess if her demands are not met. Spoiled is an understatement. 

 

"Uncle Sehun!" Nara's eyes filled with excitement when her step-father walked in the room. Areum quickly went over to fix her daughter's veil as it get crunched up when she hugged Sehun tightly. 

"Noona's being a cry baby again Mama." The boy exaggerated the sound of crying while shoving his fist in his mouth. Kris pull the boy to safety before he earned another smack on his head from teasing his sister.

"Hansol, behave." 

"You're lucky Uncle Kris is here to protect you!" 

"Aish. Nara be good to your brother." Kris has been close to the two, treating them like his own children since he's yet to have one. 

Areum gave birth to a baby boy who they named Hansol, everyone could easily tell the two are siblings. He has the exact same eyes like his older sister with his father's face-shape and thin lips. Nara has been having a hard time chasing girls away from her handsome little brother. 

"Uncle Sehun, I'm so nervous!" she grabbed his hand, lacing their fingers together. "Mama, is this normal?"

Areum never envied the close relationship Nara has with Sehun, she's used to having a father by her side. Kai would have been so proud to see how well she has grown. After Mrs. Kim's annouced her retirement, her business is handed down to Nara who's more than capable to take the spot. It's her passion to continue her late father's legacy without any pressure from anyone. Her family has been giving her the normal childhood she wanted, a stable home and siblings.

"Noona!!!"

"Jonginniee" 

"Enough hugs, kids, please" Areum could only massaged her temples thinking of all the wasted effort she put to fix her daughter's veil. Hansol went behind his mother, hugging her waist. "Don't worry Mama, you have me."

Jongin, just like Kai's real name. Areum wasn't planning to have another child, Jongin came as a surprise. Thanks to Nara and Hansol's never ending requests. The youngest of the siblings weirdly has almost the same traits of the real owner of his name. He's soft-spoken and charismatic with sharp features. His tanned skin resembles him with the same plump lips like his sister which belongs to her late father which easily makes him Mrs. Kim's favourite. 

"Congratulations Nara-ah and Areum too" Areum let herself be hugged by Mrs. Kim. They managed to put the past behind them, it wasn't easy. They're not that close to be left alone together but they have compromised. Sehun personally asked for her blessing to register her son's name for his newborn child. Her heart melted when she first saw the baby, she too admits the resemblance. 

"I was busy inspecting the buffet table with grandma" Jongin said cheekily rushing to Mrs. Kim's side. She giggled when he leaned his head on her shoulder, arms around her frame. Jongin is like another chance for her, she showers him with affection and the other has been giving him the same. 

"It's time!" Hansol chimed when the announcement for the groom's arrival boomed from the speaker. 

"Uncle Sehun..."

"Let's go" Sehun gave Areum a kiss on her cheek before stretching his arm out for his only daughter. He her hair lovingly to calm the later, she's so adorable in his eyes. No matter how old she'll be, Sehun has only seen her as the same kid who came to him demanding for her mother. The brave kid who took a taxi all by herself and the one he held at her father's funeral. 

Nara held his arm, leaning her head on his shoulder. "Papa is watching me, am I pretty?" She gave him another look seeking his approval. 

"You're always pretty, like your mother." Satisfied , the corner of her lips turned up. "You're the best!"

The sight of the aisle brought tears to Sehun's eyes, he couldn't believe she's all grown up. He knows Nara is trying to be all cheerful for Kai who's watching over them. No more sad days. Looking to the side, Areum seated with Hansol by her side with their other family members. He could see the proud face on his wife which comforts him to do the same. 

The groom walked over, asking for Nara's hand. Sehun was so overwhelmed in his own feelings let the tears spilled down his cheeks. Nara's glistening eyes smiling back at him, wiping them away. "You're gonna make me cry" her voice cracked.

"I'm just emotional." He cleared his throat, grabbing the groom's hand with Nara. "Please take good care of my one and only daughter. Love her as much as you can and now I'm third on her list."

She hit his chest lightly at the comment. "I love you Appa."

'Appa' she called him Appa for the first time. He tried to brush it of as he watched her walking beside her groom to the altar.

'I'm delusional' he assured himself, taking a seat beside Areum. She clasped his hand in hers, whispering. "You did great, you raised our daughter so well." 

Throughout all the tantrums and the troubles she made, he would always talk to her with his calm voice. He tried to understand her and patiently wait for her to reach out to him. It was easier when she was still in elementary school but in high school she became more demanding and sometimes hurt his feelings by telling him not to act like her father. He didn't even imagine to take that spot, heck he never asked Nara to call him father. 

Uncle Sehun is enough for him. Areum and him celebrates Kai's birthday every year to keep Nara's fond memories with him. They'll play his old videos with Nara when she was younger, he even let Nara paste a photo of Areum with Kai on her bedroom's wall. He drove her to all her dance classes, massage her feet when it hurts and quietly check on her every night when she was deep asleep until she started locking her door. That's when he stopped yet he still tried to twist the door knob just in case. 

 

It's the bride and groom's turn to give a speech, Hansol and Jongin cheered so loudly for their sister. Kris tried to stop the two but it's no use, they are loud as hell. 

"Noona! Nara noona!"

"Pretty Nara noona!!"

"You'll lose your voice, sit down you two" Mrs. Kim strict trait is still there , the two obeyed silently sinking back to their seats. 

Nara cleared , taking out a piece of paper from her dress's pocket which she firmly insisted. Areum went through so much just to get the tailor to make the damn pockets. 

"Good evening, I just want to thank everyone for coming here today. First of all, Papa..." her eyes welled up at the mention of her late father's title. "Nara is married!" She flashed her ring, looking up. "I think of you everyday. What's so nice about the skies you went there too soon Papa,mmm? In my memories you're still the same Papa who never aged, my handsome Papa who loves me more than himself.  I love you more Papa."

Areum muffled her sob, burying her face in Sehun's chest. He quietly, rubbed her back to comfort her. No matter how long it has been, grief has never actually leave them. "Mama, thank you for raising me a strong woman. I owe my traits to you. You had me when you were 17 and instead of choosing your future, you chose me. Growing up, I wonder if you regretted your choice. I was wrong, to you...I am your life's best decision. I love you Mama." Her hands shaking, she took a deep breath to continue. Her groom took her hand in his for support.

"Uncle Sehun...You didn't have to care for me but you did. You were so nice to me I was scared I'll forget about Papa so I pushed you away, countless times yet you still smile at me. You're always there for me, never missed my recitals even though you had so much work. I saw you watching over me at night as I pretended to be asleep, I was so scared if I give in to your affection I'll lose Papa." She sniffled looking over to her step father who's now smiling at her with tears shamelessly flowing down his cheeks. "Overtime, I became so attached to you. I pushed the thoughts away, holding one thing back. After reading Papa's journal yesterday.."

He handed her the journal he kept in his possession for years, it was a promise he made with his late friend. It's her wedding gift, the final one from her beloved father. "I shouldn't have held it back. I want to call you my father. Appa~" she called for him fondly rushing towards him. He stood up, welcoming her into his warm embrace. He couldn't believe his own ears. 

He has been waiting for it for so long but he didn't want to be selfish. 

"Appa~" she cupped his face, brushing his tears away. "I love you so much Appa, thank you for raising me."

"My daughter...I love you so much too. Thank you for being my daughter."

Hansol reached for his mother, all of them have been silently wishing for this day to come. It was hard for the two brothers to explain to their friends each time someone ask why Nara isn't calling Sehun father. Why her last name is different. Mrs. Kim found herself as equally emotional as the others, she saw the effort Sehun put to raise Nara. This approval means so much to him, she clapped her hands followed by the rest.

"You did so well darling" Areum hugged her husband tight, she understands how much he wanted to be called father by Nara. She witnessed his heartbreaks whenever Nara denied his friends when they refers to him as her father. "I can't believe you fit in his suit." She joked to make him smile, Sehun scoffed in return. "Honey, I've been working out at the gym for this."

SeKai cr =twitter | Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol

 It was a last minute decision he made when he showed the wedding suits to Nara. He asked for her approval to wear Kai's suit , to have a piece of him there physically. Hansol's wearing his in return. He still remember the days vividly, how excited he was when they entered the tailor's shop. He knew he didn't have much time left and Sehun decided to go along with his plans. The two built an unforgettable friendship during Kai's last few days. 

KAI on Instagram: “Naeun: Where are you going uncle? Jongin: Where ...

'Dear Nara, Papa will never forget you. Papa is watching over you everyday. If you miss me, just remember our good old times. Papa is the happiest with you, if only I could hold you much longer I would. Don't be sad my dear , Sehun will take good care of you. It's okay to love him like you love me. He's the only one Papa can trust to take care of you. I have never known true love till I met you. I swore to protect you till my last breath but I'm sorry for getting tired too early. Papa loves you the most. Have a nice day on your wedding, do Papa a favor by lending Sehun your first dance ok?'

 

Mrs. Kim dropped the charges once she learned the truth. It was nothing but an accident, Sehun has never driven a car since then out of guilt. He chose to live with it for the rest of his life. Areum has gotten better after Hansol's birth, the emptiness she felt before is no longer there. She got to experience his first step, his first word and everything she missed from Nara's childhood.

Kris have taken over his step father's company and finally forgives their mother for her selfish act. He's still wrecked inside yet Nana his wife is there to chase the pain away. 

Sehun has never regained his lost memories however he's now great friends with Baekhyun and Chanyeol again. He's content with his current life with his own small business he shared with Areum. They decided to open a cafe where people can hangout and to provide comfort for those who needs it. He still does free lance designing but his muscle jerks hasn't heal completely which limits his work. 

 

"Once Jongin graduates high school we should go travelling, just the two of us" Sehun suggested to his wife who's busy doing her night time skincare routine. 

"He'll throw a fit if he knows that" she patted her face to smoothen the cream, satisfied she climbed on the bed snuggling into her husband's warmth. Sehun wrapped his arms around her petite frame, inhaling her sweet scent he can never get tired of. 

"You spoil him too much and Hansol too. Gosh"

"Says the guy who bought his daughter a year's worth of candies when she asked him to."

"It was great for her imagination, she wanted her room filled wih candies. I obeyed and look who's the famous designer now? My daughter!"

She giggled , admitting her lost. Sehun is just so whipped for Nara, the other has mastered all the ways into his heart. She drew circles on his chest affectionately. 

"Thank you for marrying me"

He rubbed her back soothingly, talking with his sleepy voice. "You're welcome, you're so hard to put up with anyways- Ouch!" He winced when she pinched his side.

"Serves you right!"

"I was joking honey, I'm thankful for you and our bratty kids. I love you wifey" he kissed her crown, burying his nose in her hair. "I won't be able to get any sleep if you want me to tell you just how much you mean to me."

"Ok you pass, now go to sleep." 

"Yes ma'am." He draped his leg over her, pulling her even closer. 

"You octopus!!" 

 

When you feel like your world is tearing apart, someone is out there trying to find his/her way to you

If you would just wait , just one more day, one more hour..

You'll give your life and the other's life a second chance for happiness

You matter, you are loved

 

 

 

___________________________________

Thank you so much for reading this, I cried for real cuz I finally did it! I fought my writer's block and I graduated today. 

Thank you for being here till the end *virtually hugging each and one of you*

Leave me final comments and upvote this story if you love it

Spread love and I'm always here for you, my inbox is welcomed to anyone. I love you *bow*