Kim Nara

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

After last night's argument with Kris, Areum couldn't bring herself to climb down the bed. The guilt was eating her alive. What Kris said are right, she should grow up and move on with her life, living all the past behind. She heard the sound of someone's cooking in the kitchen, wrapping her arms around her waist she walked down the stairs to see a figure flipping a pan at the stove.

"Good morning" she greeted him with a kiss on his cheek. 

Sehun smiled,despite his wet hair and plain white t-shirt he looked neat, like always.He's back to his normal state. Areum took a sip of the orange juice on the counter, placing her lips on where his were.

"I indirectly kissed you"

Sehun turned to face her. "I like the real ones better"

She tilted her head. "Are you flirting with me right now?" 

"It's legal" done with the eggs, he pulled her closer to him and peppered her face with kisses. She giggled not fighting back, totally giving in to him. 

"Are you not going to work today?" she cupped his face to stop him.

"Nope, I'm on my three days holiday" he released her from his arms, getting back to work. Areum helped him to set the table, patiently waiting for him to place scrambled eggs and pancakes on her plate. 

"Thank you for the food~" she sang, poking the ready cut pancake with her fork. He tucked her long hair behind her ear, watching her closely. Yes, he is head over heels over this fragile woman, a fool for his wife. He couldn't live well without her because he's so used to do everything for her. So how can he suddenly live on his own? Just the thoughts scare him.

"I'll take you out today, where do you want to go?"

She chewed her food slowly while thinking. "Let's go see Amber and Kris"

"Can't we have our alone time together?" Sehun tried to convince her to choose him over her two siblings. "Like going for a walk, movie, food adventure or do you prefer to get dolled up and go for a romantic dinner. You decide".

"If that's so.... let's go for Christmas shopping then, we'll go for a fancy dinner. I should wear a dress and put some make up on right?"

He laughed looking at how happy she is, she must be really excited to go out after being stucked in the house doing nothing but to wait for him to come back from work everyday. He always feel bad about that but to keep her safe, he has no choice.

 

"Papa can we really go meet mama today?" 

Kai nodded, placing her phone back in his pocket. He combed her hair, expertly braiding the dark locks. 

 

Early that morning

"I'm on my leave Mr.Kim" Sehun clearly sounded annoyed, he was just about to take a shower when his phone rang and that guy's name on display. It's weekdays so he's still the designer who's responsible for the other man's interior design.

"I'm speaking as Nara's father, my daughter, you won't be able to forget her"

"Are you mocking me?" he clenched his fist, containing his anger. "What do you want?"

"My daughter wants to meet her mother so, I'm being a gentleman here to ask for your permission. She's your wife now and I know my place."

Kim Nara, the 4 years old girl who resembled her father a lot but has the eyes of her mother, the same hazel eyes that he has fallen for. No matter how much he wanted to deny her existence, he didn't have the heart to. She's just an innocent child who's stuck in her father's lies, hiding her mother's existence that turned the woman into an empty soul. He didn't want to do the same mistake as his, he shouldn't be selfish. If she really loves him then she won't hesistate to stay with him even after she found the man she used to love and her daughter alive.

Sehun held on that believe.

Her vow to stay with him.

Her love for him.

"Sure, tonight, I'll send you the adress later". 

"Thank you for being considerate"

"I'm not you Kim Jongin" with that he hung up on him.

Kai bit his lower lip, his words struck him like thunder. 

Oh Sehun, the straight faced man who's always emotionless. He's looking forward to see his lover again, he has always missed her, always.

 

"Will mama like Nara?" 

Kai caressed her cheek, pushing her chin up to face him. Isn't she too young to feel insecure. "Of course mama will love to see you. She carried you 9 months in her belly"

"and I was heavy" 

"Totally" she smiled, wrapping her short arms around his neck. 

"Papa ,can you help me say what I want to mama. I can't get my hanguk right, it's difficult".

It has been only a few months since she first studied the language of her birth country. He didn't want to push her too much.

"Everything for you".

 

tumblr_inline_nsmm11Ghzi1t4w796_250.png (183×276)119804376 (327×450)thumb_200_200_1446685153314.jpg (166×200)

After a walk at the street, Sehun brought Areum to a restaurant in Gangnam. She was attached to his side the whole day, she's still afraid of the public but it's a lot better now. Before, she could just runaway closing here eyes and ears when the illusions brought her sight to another place. She would listen to the voices in her mind and the sight of people judging her, hating her.

"I'm so so so hungry" she pouted waitng for him to order their food.

"Just wait for a little while" he reached for her hands across the table. Blowing warm air on her cold palms. "I didn't know you were this cold".

"You worry too much" 

Sehun took a deep breath, trying to tell her the real reason why they came to the restaurant. Kai would be there in a few minutes, he wants her to be ready when the small girl arrive. 

"You see... we're here to see someone special"

"Who? Kris? Amber?"

"Are they the only special people in your life?"

She raised an eyebrow, with a question look on her face. "Who is it?"

"She's 4 years old and her name is... Kim Nara"

Areum shook her head, pulling her hands from his grasp. "Did Kai told you that? Are you trying to joke around with me? That is so not funny Sehun-ah". She's mad, she won't even look at him. "I know that I have been a bad wife to you but I didn't expect you to hurt me like this, she's gone".

"She's not and she's coming to see you here. Kai didn't just lie to you about his death but about your daughter's existence too."

"Don't make up lies, I know you hate him but you don't have to be a bad guy here"

Sehun smirked, she's still on his side. "I'm not him, I don't lie to you. I saw her before, she was with Kai. She has your eyes, I hate to say this but she looks a lot like Kai than you. Trust me, she's coming".

"I'm leaving" she picked up her purse ready to leave when the door opened and there stood Kai in his brown trench coat with a little girl in his arms, in a brown peterpan collar dress. 

"Hi" it's awkward. He put Nara down, holding her hand. "Greet her"

The little girl with long slick black hair, usher lips and hazel eyes, politely bow with her hands on her belly button.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kim Nara" her accent was awkward, she's foreign to the language obviously. Areum couldn't take her eyes from the girl who's hiding behind Kai. "Papa, Nara is scared".

"Meet Kim Nara, our daughter"

Sehun hated the word 'our' that came out from the other's mouth but, it's the truth she carried their genes in her DNA. He has the right to say so.

Areum felt her legs going weak, she crouched down to face the girl, her daughter. "Are you really Nara? My baby?"

"Papa, she's scarying me" she covered her face with her palms, staying close by her father.

"Speak politely to your mother" he hissed. 

Sehun felt left out, he quietly sat on his seat staring at the ground. 

"How old are you?"

"4 years old. I was born on 23rd December 2011, Papa said it was snowing hard that night when you had me".

"She grew up in Japan , the whole time that I wasn't here, I was in Japan. She was raised there so she can't really speak Korean. I guess she used up all her basics". He tried to explain to her about their daughter's awkward speech. "But she can understands you".

Areum reached her hand out to the girl, fresh tears filled her vision. She remember as clear as day, the night when she gave birth to her child. It was snowing and cold. 

 

23rd December 2011

Areum was huge, the reason why she couldn't walk that much after she hit the ninth month. She was about to get a glass of water when she felt a sharp pain on her stomach.

"Argh" the glass fell from her grip. She felt something wet running down her thighs and when she looked down she saw drips of blood mixed with a not so clear liquid.

"Kris! Kris!" she held on the kitchen counter calling for her brother.

Kris came running from his bedroom shirtless, he was about to take a shower after a long day at work. "What's wrong?"

"My water broke. Arrghh!!" the pain came back and it was a lot more painful tha before. "The baby is coming!".

"Oh my god" he quickly grabbed for his jacket and car keys. "Let me carry you"

"No, I'm so heavy and wet- arrghh! Hurry!"

He ignored his sister's complain when he carried her bridal style. He never drove that fast before, thanks to the heavy snow, there are not many cars outside and the road had just been cleaned.

"Call Kai" she was sweating despite the cold weather, her face red from the pain. 

Kris waited nervously outside the labor room. Kai didn't answer his phone and standing alone without anyone by his side, he's a lot more scared. What if somethings gone wrong and he lost his precious sister? 

Out of desperation he called Mrs.Kim, he had no choice.

"Hello"

"Mrs.Kim it's me Areum's brother can you get Kai on the phone?"

"And why should I do that?"

"She's giving birth right now and she needs him.Please,please get your son on the phone" he was desperate, never in his life he pleads to a stranger. Worst, the woman who hated his sister the most.

"Where are you?"

"Hwang Medical Center. Areum asked for him and Kai totally want to be by her side right now.Please, my sister really needs him "

"We'll see about that"

Just then a doctor came out from the room. "The patient needs a c-section. She doesn't have enough energy for natural birth, will you sign the papers"

"S-Sure" he quickly put his signature down. "Please do whatever it takes to save them doctor"

"We're trying our best, don't worry too much".

As far as Kris could remember, aside from Areum being weak, he didn;t mention anything about either one of them in a critical state so what he heard after that was a complete surprised. Just a moment ago he heard the baby cried and when the doctor came out with a sad look, he knew something must have gone wrong.

"I'm sorry Mr. Wu, we lost the baby"

 

"Kris wouldn't lie to me, this girl is not my daughter"

"He didn't, my mother did when I was helplessly dying on the hospital bed"

 

 

The phone in the labor room was ringing when the doctor had make sure that Areum has completely fell unconcious.

"Hello"

"Doctor Jin, do whatever you can to save the baby, even if it means that the mother should sacrifice her life. Immediately the nurse will take the baby out later"

"Why would I do that?" he looked over at the young woman lying on the operating table. 

"It's an order, you have no choice"

With a heavy heart, he had to announce the child's death to the patient's brother. He didn't expect to see tears running down the man's cheek. Worst comes to worst, the mother had a hard time to accept the news.

 

"Where were you?"

"That evening, I collapsed when I was on my way out to your house. The maid found me breathing like a fish out of the water. My heart failed me, I felt my body getting colder and the next time I woke up, my mother had a baby girl in her arms. Since then, we raised Nara in Japan as I waited for my heart transplant which I did last year. I promised her that I will bring her to you, and I never hide your existence from her. I'm sorry" his lips were trembling, as tears was forcing their way out from his eyes.

Areum watched closely as the girl walked closer to her, her hair. "Mama?"

"My baby" she pulled her into her embrace, crying her eyes out on the girl's shoulder. "My baby girl"

Kai wiped his tears away while Sehun tried his best to keep a poker face, avoiding the tearful reunion. He wished he was selfish enough to not agree with Kai to let her meet her daughter. But that's not him, Oh Sehun will never hurt her nor betray her trust.

"Are you really my mother? Papa showed me your picture"

"I am baby,you are my little peanut.I knew it, my baby is still alive, deep down inside I can never believe that you're gone"

Kai ruffled her daughter's hair. "I told you I keep my promise"

"Thank you Papa and Uncle Sehun" when Areum let go of her, she made her way to the quiet man. 

Sehun looked at her emotionlessly but when she wrapped her arms around his waist, he realised that he can never hate the girl. She melted his heart, he has always wanted a child of his own but with Areum's condition. he never brings up the topic.

"Thank you for taking care of mama"

He patted her back when she leaned on him, "Papa said that you are a very good person."

"I love your mother, that's why I'm taking a good care of her" he kissed the top of her head. "What a smart girl"

Areum moved to her husband's side, hugging his shoulders. "I'm sorry for thinking that you lied to me, I'm sorry".

"It's ok, I'm glad that you're happy" he pecked her lips.

Kai turned his gaze away, he's green with envy. His daughter won't leave her mother's side and sat on Areum's lap while talking to her with Sehun smiling beside Areum. They looked like a family. 

Kai badly wished that he can take the spot where Sehun is. 

'If I was selfish once, can't I be selfish again?' he thought and casually took a seat across his long lost love. 

_____________

Too lazy to edit forgive the mistakes

Comments, I read all of them and welcome to new readers^^

Upvote if you like it

Comments help to boost my spirit, maybe a longer or double update as a gift?

Last update didn't have much commnts and it upsets me so please2x , your comments means a lot to me so don't forget ok?