Walls 2

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Kai stirred in his sleep when his cellphone wouldn’t stop vibrating, he rubbed his eyes when he realized that the face close to his is not Nara’s but Areum’s. It has been so long since he got to see her up close like this. He looked to his head to see Nara’s small feet resting on his forehead, he softly chuckled at the scene. The little girl would always change her poses and sometimes end up on Kai’s stomach.

He carefully reached for his cellphone on the bed-side table.

Kris.

He gasped when he realized that it’s 1 a.m. and how can Kris not be worried about his sister. Kai always made sure than he sends her home before 11 p.m. Yawning he walked outside the room trying his best not to make any sound.

“Hello”

“DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TIME IT IS?!”

Kai woke up from his reverie as he listened to Kris’ screaming on the line. He’s nervous and afraid if Kris stops believing him and wouldn’t let him take Areum out with their daughter again. He respects the elder for his amazing hard work in raising Areum all by himself so he did what he has to do.

“I’m sorry, it’s my fault. She’s in my house, asleep on the bed with Nara”

He left out the part that it’s actually three of them on the queen sized bed. Kris might chopped his head off if he knew.

“I’m coming to take her home and don’t do anything stupid”

He hung up on Kai as the younger could only sighed in relieve. Luckily he’s not being bombarded with all sorts of questions. He made his way back in the room, Areum was still soundly asleep, he couldn’t bring himself to wake her up. She seemed so at peace.

He sat at the edge of the bed, watching the two persons who mean so much to him. He loves both of them, he would even give out his life to protect them. But fate wouldn’t allow them to be together under the same roof. Areum can never be his anymore.

“Areum-ah, wake up, Kris is coming to take you home” he whispered in her ear.

Areum snuggled to the heat close to her, Kai’s chest. She pull his shirt, scooting close to him and rested her head in the crook of his neck. He felt the blood rushing to his cheeks and his heart beating so fast. He missed this, her being this near to him.

Just for once, he wanted to hug her so bad. Just for once she’s his. Just for once he wanted to forget about her status as someone else’s wife. He slowly leaned in closer to the crown of her head, placing a soft kiss on it, inhaling her scent.

“I love you now and forever” he confessed, he felt the tears filling his vision, turning the whole image blurry. No matter how hard he tries to forget about her, he couldn’t, far more giving her up. But Sehun is better than he is, he deserves her more than he does. Sehun is unquestionably a good man, he was there to accept her when she was broken.

“Sehun”

He heard it as clear as day, she called for his name. The man he envies the most.

“Wake up now, Kris is picking you up” Kai wiped off the tears from his eyes. Areum whined at the lack of heat, she toss and turn before waking up. She smiled to see Nara’s cute sleeping pose, she had her arms and legs spread out like a flying squirrel.

“What time is it?”

“It was 1 when I answered his call, he’ll be here soon. Go get your coat, I’ll send you off” he brushed his hair trying not to look at her or he might breakdown and beg her not to leave him. He watched her figure stretching out her arms, picking up her coat from the table.

“We overslept? I’ll talk to Kris, he must be so furious. Just the thought of it scares me” she giggled while buttoning her trench coat.

“Hmm” Kai replied shortly just to ensure her that he’s listening. Areum peck Nara’s cheek before kneeling down to her hair and kiss her again. “I’m so going to miss her, tell her that I can’t wait for next week.”

“Sure”

He followed her downstairs and just in time the bell rang, Areum opened the door to a strict faced Kris. She stiffened before walking to his side.

“I never allow sleepovers; just make sure this never happen again”

“It’s my fault Kris, I should have set the alarm. Nara wanted me to sleep next to her, I couldn’t say no to her puppy eyes. Let’s go home now.” She grabbed his arm but Kris won’t budge.

“I don’t want this to happen again or no more family outings or whatsoever. I’m warning you”

Kai bowed to him, “I’m sorry again, I will be more aware next time.” He followed her with his gaze, she kept on rubbing Kris’ back to apologize to him and soothe his anger. How worried he must be when his beloved married sister is at her ex-boyfriend’s house.

 

“What number is this?” the middle-aged doctor showed 3 fingers to his patient.

“Three” replied the raspy voice.

“What is your name?”

“Oh Sehun”

“How old are you?”

“I am…. I can’t remember” he smirked, how can he forget his own age? And why is the doctor speaking English to him? Is he not in Korea?

He eyed the feminine looking man in fine looking dress shirt, his blonde hair and big eyes could not trigger any memory in Sehun’s head. The doctor kept talking to the small man and he could feel the other’s gaze on him from time to time.

He woke up feeling extremely exhausted that he couldn’t even move a limb when he heard loud beeping sound that indicates his abnormal breathing rate. He was hyperventilating and he felt like his heart will burst soon. Nurses and a doctor rushed to his side and he watched a nurse injecting transparent liquid into his IV drip. He managed to calm down and a few minutes later, he began asking him simple questions.

The doctor told him to rest then the young man took a seat next to his bed. “I’m Lu Han your secretary, the doctor said that you might have lost your memory but they need to further diagnose you to know whether it is acute or severe.”

“I’m not in Korea am I?”

“You are in China, you got promoted to here”

“Whoa! Don’t tell me anything more for now. I think my head is going to explode” he looked up the ceiling moving his arm when he felt thick bandage on his abdomen up to his chest. He looked down, and took a peek of his body underneath his hospital gown.

“What the hell happened to me?” his eyes widened in horror to see almost all of his skin wrapped in the white fabric and so does some part of his arms.

“I’m sorry Sehun but I think it’s best for you to rest now and not to pressure yourself”

“Somehow it’s scaring me right now, my own self.” He looked out the window, looking at the masses of people. All of them must have errands to do person to meet while he’s confused of what is he doing, what happened to him and how old is he?

Lu Han saw Sehun’s face changed, he struggled to move his hand, the smaller man quick to assist his boss, helping him to get a comfortable position.

“Better?”

“How long was I in bed?”

“3 months”

Sehun gasped in shock. “That long?!”

“But none of the employees knew so you pretty much still have your position secured. I took care of it all.”

A nurse walked in with a tray on her hands. “The doctor said you can eat solid food now, you seemed to be doing well.”

Boiled fish, soup, rice and boiled veggies. Lu Han thanked the nurse, laughing at the CEO’s disgusted face.

“If you want to get out of here soon, I guess you should eat those”

Sehun shook his head, swallowing his saliva. “Here I am, lost my memory and my appetite.”

 

Amber offered her step-sister a glass of milk , Areum had her head flat on the dining table, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Kris ignored his sister by spreading the peanut butter only for himself when he usually ensured the other gets hers first.

“Kris, what about mine?” she pouted, facing her brother. “I apologized already, can’t you just forgive me.”

He continued reading the newspaper even when their parents too gave him the question look. Their mother was the first to speak up. “Yifan-ah, she didn’t mean to make you worried. Don’t you feel sorry looking at how tired she was?”

“But how can she sleep at other man’s house. Don’t you think about Sehun?”

“What about him? He never call me anymore, he must so busy to even think about me.” She played with her wedding band reaching for the milk when her elbow accidentally nudged Amber’s glass.

The glass shattered to broken pieces , Areum quickly collecting it with Amber’s help.

“Your finger, it’s bleeding” Amber pointed to her wedding band that is tainted by her blood. Kris immediately rushed to his sister’s side.

“How can you be so clumsy?” He slid off the ring from her, pulling her to the sink.

“Be careful can you?”

“I know you can never get mad at me for so long.”

“Shut your mouth, I’ll take the piece off.”

And the wedding band is left unattended till the next morning.

Luhan kept coming for Sehun everday during visiting hours. Sehun learned that he’s a famous designer and now a CEO for Korea’s leading company in China.He chose not to call his parents because Lu Han made sure to tell him that his previous self told Lu Han to never tell other people about the incident. He tried to find the missing pieces only to end up in despair.

The doctor told him to take it slow and to stress himself. He knew that his dream was to be a designer but he doubts whether he would be as good as he was before. Luhan promised to bring him some of his works and his personal belongings that day. Sehun checked himself in the mirror to see the burnt scars on his body, it was red, purplish and ugly. He hated it so he covered the mirror with a small towel.

Lu Han saw the younger’s sad look as he sat at the edge of the hospital bad, sighing again and again. Lu Han wished that he didn’t need to tell Sehun about the awful incident that almost took his life. Only he knows what really happened that day but Sehun deserves to know. Just that it fears him if something bad would happen to the younger when he learned the truth. So it’s better to keep it all away for the time being.

“Good afternoon Sehuniee” he placed the food he secretly bought from a restaurant as Sehun couldn’t stop complaining about the bland food he was served.

“You’re the best Lu Han ge”

He forced a smile on his face, to not make the atmosphere dull and mellow.

“I brought your laptop and cellphone”

Sehun snatched his cellphone away from the secretary,turning the screen on to see a picture of him in a suit, light brown hair with a lady in wedding dress by his side. She has her hair down, curled at the end. Both of them were smiling , fingers tangled to each other.

“Who is she?”

Lu Han reached for the silver band from his pocket, sliding it towards the other on the table.

“It’s time for another story of Oh Sehun, it’s your wedding band”

Sehun amazedly twist and turned the little thing before sliding it to his finger. It fits him, perfectly. “I am married” it was more of a silent whisper but audible for Lu Han.

“Yes you are, to a wonderful young lady you’re head over heels about”

“Have you met her before?” He couldn’t take his eyes off the picture, he recognized that smile of his. His sincere smile, a total different from his usual poker face.

“No, she didn’t come with you here. You never told me why maybe because I never asked. But you really love her, you talked about her to everyone and you could not stop unless you were in a hurry.”

He opened his gallery to see tons of pictures of her and videos as well, he checked his inbox that was when a message came to sight.

From: My wifey

Hey honey, I miss you a lot today. I saw our wedding picture hanging on the wall and couldn’t stop looking. Maybe because out of all the days, today is the day I miss you the most since you left. There is never a day I spend without thinking about you. However, as your loyal wife I will always support you. I love you.

“I felt like watching a drama of myself where everything is revealed in the next episodes. I can feel her love from this texts but it is replied yesterday, did you-“

“You told me not to tell anyone and do whatever it takes. I took 3 months to brace myself to invade your personal life and pretend to be you and replied to her. It hasn’t been that long , I first replied to her about 2 weeks ago. She’s afraid and asked if you have forgotten her and found another woman. I couldn’t just let that happen. You adore her so much.”

Sehun continued reading the texts, when it hit him, she must be so disappointed once she learned that her beloved husband could not remember anything about her.

“Lu Han ge, please bring me back to Korea.”

______________

Tq for comments hyunnie94 and KissMeFanny

Keep commenting and subs for updates

Leave your comments actively, it excites me to read your comments so I decided to credit every comments I received ^^ from now on lovelies