My love goes with you

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

I'm so sorry for the late update. I was sick but I'm fine now so.. let's finish this fic!

Please leave comments it keeps me motivated^^

Tq to all commentators and subs . I'll credit each and one of you in next chap tq!!

____________________________________

Kris walked besides his brother-in-law to a nearby restaurant where Areum's parents are waiting. He knew they have a lot to talk about but his mind isn't really working with all the stress burdening him at the moment. The doctor insist on keeping a watch on Areum for the night and it's their decision whether to admit her in the mental hospital or take a risk to keep her at home.

"Take a seat" offered Mr. Liu with a fatherly smile. "What would you like to eat?"

"I'm fine" Sehun didn't mean to sound rude but the clear fatigue on his face explained it all. "Let's just get straight to the point."

"You're coming home with us if you want to keep Areum at home" said Areum's mother with a heavy heart. She knows how Sehun felt like he's being judged for his ability to take care of his own wife. "I mean... you couldn't even remember her fully."

"Hyung" Sehun glared at Kris. 

"I have to protect my sister."

"We're not taking you away from her, we just want to keep her safe when you're at work." Mrs. Liu's voice was mellow, how her heart breaks whenever she thinks about her daughter. " I know how well you can take care of her but you should focus on your recovery too. I heard that you couldn't control your movements perfectly. Sehun you have to be healthy to be by Areum's side."

He knows that his mother-in-law means nice, and it has been so long since he cares for himself. He skipped the physiotheraphy sessions to spend more time with Areum. "I get it mother, I'll get our things to your house tomorrow."

"Ohh you poor kids" Mrs. Liu got up from her seat to give her son-in-law a comforting hug. "Did your mother know about this?"

He shook his head sadly. "I couldn't brace myself to see her cry. I'm fine mother, you don't have to worry about me."

"There will be light at the end of the tunnel sweet heart, there will be."

 

Areum stood beside her husband as he was signing the papers, Sehun smiled warmly at her giving her a peck on her cheek as a comforting gesture as she looked quite tense. "Are you sure it's ok for you for me to come home?"

She felt bad for being a burden to him , she knows that the future holds more challenges for him. He shook his head, cupping her cheeks brushing her bangs to the side. "Being able to take care of you makes me happy so stay with me. Trust me, we'll be fine" He pull her into a hug, she melted in his embrace feeling loved.

"Now , let's go home."

They walked hand in hand to the car, he opened the door for her watching her got in. She rested her back on the seat, reaching for Sehun's free hand. He understands her insecurities, the doctor told him about making her feel loved. She's in an unstable state of mind and making her feel calm and secure is his priority. 

Areum didn't take her eyes of the road, letting her mind runs with concerns. He told her that they're staying at her parents, knowing Sehun he's the type who loves to do things on his own. He hates being watched so it's going to be tough on him. She peeked at the back seat to see bags of their clothes. It shows how long they're staying and it seems for quite a short of time judging the size of the luggage. 

"How long are we staying with them?"

"I'm not sure honey."

"One week, then we're back to our house. I just want us to be alone." She bit her lower lip nervously waiting for his reply. 

"Sure, I'll talk to your parents."

He continued rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand, giving a quick peck and offered her his charming smile.  Areum turned to his side, keeping her eyes fixed on him. "I miss you."

"I know."

After 10 minutes, they arrived at Areum's parents' home. He parked the car at the front porch and proceed to take out their bags. Kris walked out after he heard their car engine's sound. "Welcome home baby girl." He gave Areum a hug, hand around her shoulder. "Let's go in."

They are welcomed with warm foods and no one ever talked about Areum's disease which he's happily glad they didn't. It was a normal family dinner with everyone except Sehun's side of the family. He didn't tell them about Areum's condition , they did call to check up on him and all he said is that they're fine and Areum was just too tired to talk. 

His cellphone beep signalling that it's time for Areum's medicine. He quietly leave the table to grab his bag. It took him some time to take out the medicine and checked twice. He tapped his wife's shoulder. "It's time for your pills."

Areum smiled, taking her glass of water. He put the pills on her palm, watching her swallowing it one by one. The others adore how the married couple always care about each other especially Sehun. "Thank you honey."

"May I take her upstairs? The doctor said that she should rest after taking the pills." 

"Oh please do sweetheart, what time are you going to work tomorrow?" asked Mrs.Liu.

"I'll leave at 7:30 a.m., please take good care of Areum here." He had his arm on her shoulder while she played with his fingers. 

"No worries son, go on take her upstairs."

Areum walked hand in hand with her husband to her bedroom. She sat on the bed while he opened her suitcase to get her pyjamas. "Come on honey, clean yourself and go to bed." She shook her head, can't believe that he's treating her like a child. But her mind started to go light that she feels herself falling on the bed. 

"What did you gave me?"

"What the doctors prescribed you. Why?"

She fell backward on the bed holding her head, Sehun rushed next to his wife. Checking on her, he touched  her forehead feeling it cold. "Honey" he called, caressing her face,

"My head hurts."

"Let's go to the hospital"

"No, no don't just... lie down next to me." She forced a smile on her lips, sleeping pills. She knew it.  

Sehun climbed on the bed, pulling her close to his chest. Areum snuggled in his warmth, inhaling his scent. He tucked her head under his chin, keep rubbing her back. "You're cold."

"Hmm" 

"Sleep baby, nothing can take you away from me."

 

Areum brushed her hair back as she kneeled down in front of the toilet bowl vomitting her guts out. Tears streamed down her face as she felt so weak and defeated. She shook her head denying the idea she has in her mind. 

"No, no, no!!" She screamed running her fingers in her hair. 

Kris heard her as she passed by her room, he rushed in and found her in the bathroom. "Areum" he called pulling her into a hug. His eyes roamed over her body to see if she harmed herself, he sighed in relief when he saw not a single spot of blood or any sharp object close to her. "Breathe, calm down ok."

"Kris...."

"Yes?"

"I'm pregnant."

His eyes widened in horror , he cupped her face to see if she's saying the truth. Her bloodshot eyes and the tears proved how she's so surprised and scared. Her body was shaking in his embrace. "It will be ok."

"It's not! I freaking took pills! What if I'm harming my child?! I won't forgive myself if that happens!!" She started to sob uncontrollably , clutching her stomach. 

"Let's go see the doctor and how do you know you're pregnant?"

She pointed to the pregnancy test kit thrown at the corner, Kris reached for it with his arm and saw the double line.

 

"You're not showing any positive progress Mr. Oh."

Sehun buttoned up his shirt, wore his blazer and followed the doctor out of the examination room. "But I have been fine, I mean... my whole body feels normal."

"Have you loosen your grip while holding things?"

He sighed remembering how his hands shook out of a sudden at times. After skipping many appointments , he decided to attend one. But he didn't expect to receive such a news. "Sometimes... but I can manage."

"Are you driving right now?"

"Yes" He took a seat across the middle aged doctor, to say he's not nervous after listening to his current condition is a lie. He's afraid, terrified perhaps.

"I told you no driving until you're fully heal. It's dangerous if you suddenly lose your grip on the steering wheels."

He nodded, biting his lower lip. He totally forgot about that, they're right he's not thinking about himself. "I won't drive tomorrow."

"Please  attend your physiotheraphy sessions and no skipping this time."

 

"Papa, will you come pick me up?" asked Nara while hugging her father. 

"Yes."

"I'll wait for you, I love you papa."

"I love you too." Kai kissed his princess' forehead , smiling as he her hair. "You have grown quite big."

Nara frowned at the word 'big' causing Kai to laugh. "Tall papa, tall!" She stomped her feet crossing her arms.

"Tall, noted." He winked, standing back up from kneeling to match her eye-level. "Now go, you shouldn't be late for ballet class."

Nara nodded, she kept turning back to wave at her father , smiling at him. Kai watched her until she dissapears from his sight. He turned his back but he heard those familiar light footsteps running back to him. 

"Papa! Papa!"

"Nara?"

The little one hugged his legs, refusing to let go. "Papa can we skip class today?"

He carried her up and hugged her tight. "No baby, remember... I want you to grow up proud and if you skip classes. You won't get there."

Nara caress her father's face, looking in his eyes. "Papa... I love you."

"I love you too sweetheart. Now go work those legs of yours and dance to the fullest. Don't forget your smile."

"I will always smile Papa, for you."

He kissed her cheek and put her down. Nara had a big smile on her face as she runs back to the building. 

With heavy steps he got back in the passenger seat , he leaned his back on the leather seat, closing his eyes.

"Where to Sir?"

"Let's go get a new suit."

"Any special occasion Sir?"

"My daughter's wedding."

The driver's checked the rear view mirror to see if he's joking but Kai's straight face told him otherwise. He's serious and when a single tear escape his eye and his chest heaving up and down that got him to drive faster. Kai shut his eyes closed, brushing away his thoughts , he looked out the window wondering if he's near to the end.

By then he knew, he can no longer cheat death.