A father's love

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Kai came for his health check with his daughter by his side. Nara will throw a tantrum if she didn’t get to see her father after school so instead of having the chauffer fetch her, Kai will always be there waiting for his sunshine.

“I can see your heart is working well Mr.Kim”

“That is a relief” he smiled, looking over at Nara who’s happy to hear that her father will soon be able to live like any normal person.

“But you still have to be careful, don’t get exhausted and no vigorous exercise. Remember what happened when Nara was still a baby? You almost died from hyperventilating”

It was like any normal night, Nara would cry her heart out in the middle of the night. Kai remember having a hard time to put her to sleep, he never raise a child before and never knew how. His parents were on a business trip, leaving him alone in the mansion.

He was rocking the 6 months old Nara back and forth but her screams got even louder. He gave her formula milk but she rejected it, he changed her diaper, turn on some music but she’s not lulling back to sleep. So, he got her in the car and drove to the hospital. The doctor said that she’s having a hard time to breathe because of her flu. He felt useless and failed as a father as he didn’t even know that his child is sick.

He was dead tired that his heart started beating so fast as if it will burst any moment from then. He ended up fainting and woke up with a cannula to help him breathe. The doctor said his new heart almost stopped from the tension as it is still trying to adapt with his body.

“That won’t happen again doctor, I have my daughter with me so I won’t do anything to harm myself”

“That’s good, you can go home now”

 

“Papa, can we go to the beach this weekend?” 

“Whatever you want princess” he carried her in his arms as the little spoiled girl complained on being tired after her dance lesson.

“And Kento sensei laughed at me, because you braided my hair wrongly. She said you should do better Papa” she sipped her juice, staring at her father.

“I really should do better then, is it that bad?” asked Kai, while choosing a new dress for Nara. He loves taking her to the mall and buy some new clothes for her, she’s his only daughter, so he should spoil her right?

Nara chuckled, pinching her father’s cheek. “Luckily my other friends didn’t see it or I’m going to be laughed at. You really should not do it again”

“I won’t, then what about wearing a hair band? A purple fluffy princess like band for my princess”

“Papa, I’m not a little girl anymore”

 

That night, after tucking her in bed. Kai placed Nara’s Barbie doll on his working table, he was busy braiding the doll’s hair so that he will do a better job at it for Nara tomorrow. He slept with his head on the table and his fingers red from the constant used of the tight rubber band.

His mother, Mrs.Kim walked in his office expecting him to stay up doing his work but she smiled sadly looking at her poor son with a nicely braided hair Barbie on his desk and rubber bands all over the table.

“Maybe my decision of taking you away from her is wrong, I’m sorry”

_________________________

Comments and subs and please do leave commnets or I won't update, like seriously,hehe