When the wind blows

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Comments please, it keeps me going^^ Don't be a silent reader. The only credit I want is your feedback. 

I updated using my mobile so it's hard to type down the commentors name. I'll do it when I get my laptop. Tq for lovin my ff.

---------------

Areum woke to see Sehun's facing her. He always love to sleep on his side so they rarely cuddle to sleep. It bothers her anyway to see his arm got numb in the morning. Her eyes traveled down his back to see his scars being a new attarctive side of him. She took a quick glance at the clock to see that it's 7 a.m. and he needs to go to work. Her head was throbbing from lack of sleep, he must be so deep asleep that he's not moving. She slipped on his big t-shirt, making her way to the bathroom, she made a mental note to splash some water on his face later.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror, smiling to herself trying to get all the positive vibes. She slid the mirror to take her toothbrush but her eyes landed on the bottle of birth control. 

'It's too eary for a child isn't?' 

Areum remembered that she bought it when Sehun told her about taking it slow, for the sake of Nara. She opposed the idea at first but after much thinking, he's right.

 Without thinking much, she opened the lid.

 

Nara climbed on her father's bed taking a look at her father. He looked so calm in his sleep but the little one has her own surprises. She smiled mischievously jumping up and down the bed causing it to shake violently.

Kai grunted in annoyance, covering his face with a pillow. His mother gave him the ok sign to take some time off from work but Nara is not coping with that.

"Papa, wake up now!! Rise and shine!!" Her voice was so high pitched that he couldn't help but to find it adorable.

"Nara-ah, can't you let Papa sleep some more?"

"But Papa need to send Nara to school" she grinned while pulling his arm. Kai gave in , he hugged her tight causing the girl to struggle in his arms. 

"Papa! You smell so bad" 

He ruffled her hair as an act of affection. She's lovely at the first sight but can be quite irritating too. He was supposed to rest well for a speed recovery, the doctor said that he can't stress and exhaust himself. But he has no time to waste so he must be there for his princess no matter what.

"Go for your breakfast, Papa will join you later."

"Okay , but don't blame me if I take your scramble eggs." She ran to the front door humming a cheerful song.

 

Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun kept his stuff on by one in boxes. The taller pout clearly sad to see the other off. The other employees were sad as well. Baekhyun has always been the clown, expert at making silly jokes and lift the atmosphere. 

"What if he rejects your resignation?" Asked Chanyeol raising an eyebrow.

"I don't care, he wants me out anyway. He said I'm too loud. My Sehun won't ever hurt his favorite hyung's feeling." He thought it over thousands of times but day by day, Luhan seemed to take over his work. He used to be a proud secretary to the young talented designer and a bestfriend too but all Sehun calls for is Luhan, Luhan and Luhan.

Chanyeol gave Sehun multiple of calls last night but the other didn't answer. The giant too am upset with him for neglecting his friend. Baekhyun is a lot more sensitive than he appears to be.

"You have to understand that he's not himself for the moment. Who knows later he will look for you like a madman?"

"Channie, if he won't even see me as a friend. How can he even get back his memories?"

Sehun heard the commotion about Byun Baekhyun's resigning. He ignored the looks they gave him and made his way straight in his office to see Chanyeol sitting on the sofa with his legs crossed.

"Morning"

"Morning. What brings you here? Baekhyun?"

Sehun took a seat behind his table, checking the stacking files. His act of indifference got on Chanyeol's nerve.

"You know what? Maybe you will lose me as your friend too." 

"Chanyeol hyung, I really want to talk about Baekhyun hyung but now I need to work. Can you please leave me alone?"

"Fine! Do whatever you like!!" 

 

From: Kai

Meet me at xxxxxx cafe

Areum sipped her tea while reading the text. Her hands and feets turned cold from nervousness. She's afraid to meet him and pretends as if everything is fine. But she knows how time is cruel, so she agreed.

She put on her white blouse with a satin emerald green skirt, some make up to cover her flaws. And a smile to soothe her heart. She walked to the cafe near her house to see his black Lamborghini. 

Kai saw her looking pretty with her breath taking smile, he raised his arm to get her attention. "Should we order now?"

She nodded,he called for the waiter. "1 apple juice and 1 vanilla latte. Give me a slice of your best cake please. Thank you."

"You know well what I want."

"Simple, it's quite sunny so Vanilla latte. You have weird likes to it."

She giggled, nodding in agreement. "It is unexplainable though."

"You and your excuses."

He hesitate for a second before taking out a box from his bag. "For you."

"What is this?"

He shook his head, signaling her to open it.

Her eyes widened to see an album full with Nara's pictures.

A baby diary.

Her small pairs of mittens and socks. Some of her clothes that will be too small for her now. "Why are you giving me these?"

"For your future use."

She touched the small shirt, tracing her fingers on it. She imagined Nara being so tiny in it, probably giving Kai hard times with her imppressive lung capacity. Kai told her that Nara cried a lot when she was a baby.

"Thank you."

"Just so you know.... You are still alive in me."

She brushed it off, trying to keep the coversation casual. "Did you send her to school?"

"Do you love him?"

"Kai"

"Answer me"

"I am the happiest right now."

"Are you sure?"

"Kai if you continue with this talk I'm leaving"

He smirked, looking to his side. "Am I the only one hurting?"

She saw the hurt look on his face, his smile dissapeared. His face gone tense with the tension between them. She felt guilty for being the cause of it. This man was once the happiest gift that she has but Sehun completes her.

"You have no idea how much you hurt me." She took the box, turning her back to him. She walked out the cafe ,Kai went after her with his limited energy.

"Wait! Please! I c-can't go any further." He clucthed on his chest, leaning against the wall. "Don't run away from me."

"Wu Areum!!"

He coughed, sliding down his back and landed on his bottom. His face pale, his sight started to go blur when a pair of arms helped him to stand on his feet.

"You came back"

"For me" 

Areum guided her to his car, helping him to get on the seat. "You should rest you idiot!"

"Do you love me?"

"Kai"

"You love me,you still do" he chuckled lying on his back. 

"Can you breathe?"

He nodded groaning in pain when he felt his chest tightened. "It hurts though."

"How can you be so reckless. Do you want to die that much??!!"

"It hurts me, it really does. I don't want to pretend anymore. I love you and I want you to be mine." 

Tears

Tears was rolling down his cheeks. 

"I can't continue without you."

His voice was mellow, just like a whisper. She breaks down feeling empathy of his pain. His chest went up and down violently as he struggles to breathe.

"I'm going crazy can't you see?? I am not me. I hate that. I don't even feel like waking up anymore."

"Can't you think about Nara? What would she think of her father being such a fool for love?" 

They were in the backseat, Kai forced himself to wake up and leaned his back on the seat. His hands were shaking when he held hers. "I miss us."

"There is no us anymore Kai." She wiped away her tears looking at him with sorry. "I am Sehun's wife and that is the reality."

"You married me before him."

"That was an act."

"But it is real to me." His eyes were pleading for her to accept him and feel the same way.

He was so desperate to believe that they are real. The vow they exchanged when they were in highschool at a local church. Witnessed by the two of them as they stood at the altar, a flower crown on her head as they exchanged cheap rings.

"You're talking nonsense."

"You love me before him"

His voice cracked as more tears fell and his ego crashed. His heart shattered at her words. She was equally broken but Sehun is now her world and Kai is a good memory.

But why does it crushed her when he's in pain.

Kai held her face and kissed her lips.

It was so sudden.

She hates how her body melts in his hold. 

He didn't mind what will come after his action. 

No one but the two of them.

A false fantasy.

Where they belong together.

He felt her tensed up but slowly relaxed as time goes by and

She kissed him back.

All the memories flashed through their mind. The smiles they shared, the pain they faced. The times when they were so naiive and so deep in love. 

Everything was so fine.

He pull away, her hair softly. "Do you love me still?"

"I-I it's complicated."

"Can't you be true to yourself?"

"Don't sway me further. I beg you. I c-can't love you." She shook her head, pushing his hands away from her. 

"I'll be waiting." He reached in his pocket taking out a folded ticket. "Let's build a new life. Just you,me and Nara."

He slipped it in her hands. 

"Be it forever. I'll be waiting."

"Kai this is impossible."

"I don't care anymore!! I want to live but I can't do it without you."

"Take it back, my answer is no."

"Please, please think it over. This Friday, wait me at the train station. Let's leave everything behind. Forget our lives , forget our responsiblities. We're goin to get our second chance."

"Kai this is insane."

"Please. Now go home. Go to him. I'll see you in 3 days. I will wait for you."

She opened the door walking out. Her legs were shaking but she kept turnin back to check on him, the ticket safe in her hands.