Twisted

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Special thanks to amarisarin, basma_lollipop, ren1234,KissMeFanny, sandiradirapark, dewp98, haenana, Elizabethguppy,  MrsByunParkOhKim, 15amavi,sweetdreamerz and hana55 for the comments ^^

[BREAKING NEWS] A TOP YOUNG BILLIONAIRE SPOTTED DATING WITH A MARRIED WOMAN 

The mysterious young CEO, Mr.K has been silent about his relationship only to be revealed that he's dating someone else's wife. Mr. K has been announced as the most wanted bachelor as he appeared to be a great father figure for his 5 years old daughter. However, this scandal might damage his image. The date ended with his lover being unconcious in his arms when he rushed to the ER-

"Bull!" Kris shut his cellphone off after getting a call from Amber about the article. He ruffled his red hair in frustration looking over to his sister who has been quiet since she woke up. "What were they thinking to post this kind of news?"

Areum stared blankly at the floor in her hospital gown, she felt empty and weak from all the stress, not to mention Sehun's dissapearence since yesterday is making her dizzy. "Have you gotten any news about Sehun?"

"No"

She curled to her side, covering her face with a pillow. "It's my fault, everything is my fault. I shouldn't have met him."

"Sehun won't be mad just because of that."

"I-I " she took a deep breath feeling a huge lump in . "Kai asked me to run away with him."

"WHAT!?" Kris shook his head in disbelieve. "ARE YOU INSANE!?"

"I wasn't planning to leave but I accepted the ticket and Sehun probably saw it when he took my stuff."

Kris sighed, taking a seat on the sofa. "So what are you going to do next?"

"I need to find him and explain everything." She started to sob feeling so guitly and mad at herself. "I just keep hurting him you know... I feel so bad."

"Oh dear!" Mrs. Liu ran to her daughter as soon as she came in, she gave her a hug letting her cry on her shoulder. "Mama's here sweetie, it's going to be ok."

As a mother all the thing she could do at the moment is to comfort her daughter, when she herself couldn't predict what will happen next. 

 

Sehun crashed in Luhan's place the night before, he slept on the couch as Luhan lives in a one bedroom studio. He refused to go home as it will only bring him images of her, her scent and everything about her. 

"Morning Boss!"

"Morning" he rubbed his tired eyes as he couldn't really bring himself to sleep. "I'm off today, you can stay too if you want to."

Luhan pitied him when he first read the news, it's all over the internet. And no one is fool enough not to know who Mr. K is when he owned such a large company. Luckily, Areum's identity wasn't revealed. 

The older was surprised when Sehun called him to come pick him up from a bar. He expected to see a drunk Sehun only to see his boss drinking Coke with a blank face. He remember how the other hates drinking and even in such  a messed up situation, he's still the upright  man, Oh Sehun. 

"Where's my cellphone?"

"It's best not to get them now."

He smirked knowing well what Luhan meant, Kim Jongin is a public figure afterall. A huge one to be exact. Of course it will be in the news, he heard it that his wife was carried in by a man , a familiar man. Since, Kai came back to Korea, the press have been so interested in him. Not to mention, Sehun felt so impress that he managed to run without failing his lungs.

"You know, I am here if you want to talk."

"The news isn't lying, the two were planning something behind my back. I got the proof."

Luhan couldn't believe what he just heard, he may not know Areum for a long time. But he could see that she genuinely loves his boss by the texts he received when Sehun was in coma. "Maybe you misunderstands her, women are complicated you know."

"That bastard even dare to call her early in the morning to remind her about their 'plan'. When the nurse told me that he left her stuff at the counter when he registered her in, I looked through her bag and found a train ticket. She's going to leave me for him, and she told me to take a leave today because she wanted to spend time with me when all she wanted is to prepare herself for the goodbye. If that's not cheating, I don't know what is."

Sehun massaged his temple, closing his eyes as he tried to calm himself down. "I tore it out of anger, I hope she gets my massage."

"That you love her and you don't want her to go?"

Luhan waited for the answer but Sehun remained silent. He took that as a yes and headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for both of them. Sehun must have not been eating anything since yesterday. He hide the other's cellphone and turned it off as it will only bother him more when he read those stupid unreliable news and to help put Sehun at ease and not act out of anger if Areum gave him a call.

 

Kai had to take the back door to enter the building as the front has been blocked by the press. He remained calm not to burst out in anger, he read those news and no matter how much he wants Areum to be his. He never wish for it to be publicize in such a way. Sehun might have gone mad and let it all out to Areum while she's in no condition to be pressured.

"Cancel all my meetings, I'm just going to check some papers and leave."

"Noted President Kim." 

He loosened his necktie , letting out a sigh. He picked up the papers on his desk but his mind couldn't focus on the words when Areum came in view. Her pale face and lifelesss body in his arms. She' alive but she's not at the same time.

He remembered her empty gaze, how it breaks his heart with every steps he took to the ER. He used all his energy to get her to safety, risking his own. He returned to the car to get her things to fill in the information form, and left as soon as he did. 

Coward, that's who he is. He didn't know how to face Sehun when he's the reason Areum got her attack. 

The phone rang waking him up from his trance.

"President Kim, a call from your daughter's kindergarten on line 2."

"Ok, thank you." He pressed the button , trying to make his voice sounds cheerful. "Hello."

"Mr. Kim Jongin. I'm just calling you to ask if Nara won't be coming to school today?"

"What?! I, myself sent her there this morning. What do you mean she's not in school?"

"We asked the children but none of them saw her sir."

He's started to panick, Nara might be a playful child but she loves school and won't be brave enough to skip it. Areum! She has been mentioning her mother's name in the car. 

"We'll check the CCTV sir."

"I think I know where she is... she's heading to her mother. Tell me if you see anything, I'll give her mother a call."

"Sure Mr.Kim."

He took out his cellphone, staring at the screen for a second before tossing his doubts aside. Nara comes first. He dialled Areum's number , after 2 rings he heard Kris' voice, mad for sure.

"WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?! "

"Areum?"

"Sleeping, I thought tomorrow is the D-DAY?"

"Hyung, it's important. Nara... is she at your place?" 

"All of us are here, no one's home."

"She's not at her kindergarten, I think she might be at your house or... Areum's." He quicky grabbed his jacket as it's freezing cold outside. Just how Nara must be shaking in this weather with her petite body. 

"Heading there , I'll give Sehun a call." Informed Kris, making his way out. He heard Kai's heavy breathing on the other line. "Take it easy man, you don't sound ok."

"I'll be fine, see you at Areum's. Give me a call when you get any news. Please."

They both hung up, Kai rushed to his car. His heart beating faster with the thoughts of Nara being out alone. She's only 5, anything could happen. 

"Kim Nara, where are you?" he muttered, spinning the sterring wheel before pressing on the accelerator.

 

It's freezing cold and the wind blowing on his face made him shiver. Sehun decided to go home after Luhan left for work. He didn't want to bother the older man as he's clearly bothered by his boss' presence in his house. Sehun didn't like it a bit, to be pitited on. He's a man of pride. He hailed a cab to go home as he left his car at the night club.

He took out his key to open the door but it's unlocked. He pushed the door open to hear the tv on with some kind of nursery rhymes playing, he walked faster to the living room to be greeted with a small girl lying on her belly munching on cereals.

He cleared his throat trying to get her attention. "Nara-ah, Nara-ah."

Nara heard it well, she nervously turned behind and smile crookedly to her Uncle Sehun. "Hi Uncle! I'm just dropping by to see Mama."

"How did you get in? and did you find your Mama?"

"I found a key hidden under the small flower pot at the front door, I looked everywhere but no signs of Mama, where is she?" Her round eyes and pouty lips soften his heart. This kid is just so adorable to resist. 

"She'll be back soon, are you that hungry to make such a mess on my carpet?"

Nara tried to wiped her hands clean on her shirt but the crumbs fell on the floor, she grinned trying to get out of trouble. "Sorry uncle." 

"Let's clean it up and maybe have peanut butter and jelly for brunch."

"Cookies? Do you have cookies?" She jumped up and down but loose her balance, falling on her bottom. "Ouch!"

Sehun laughed, picking her up from the ground. "How did you get here?"

"I-I ran away from kindergarten. Took a taxi and here I am."

"Where did you get the money?" he put her on the counter, turning the tap on. 

"Let's just say that I told the driver a good kind of lie."

"Lying is always bad sweetie." She raised her arms for Sehun to open her sweatshirt that has been covered with the sticky honey cereal. "Tell me."

She looked down to her feet, swinging it back and forth. "I said that my mother is having my brother and I need to go home as soon as I can. Papa couldn't pick me up as he's busy with Mama. I played my hidden car which is-"

"Your puppy eyes."

"How did you know? Did it work on you too uncle?" 

"Don't even think about it." He wiped her face earning a glare from the smaller, he stuck his tongue out making her chuckle. "Let's get you home."

"Papa will scold me, at least let me see mama first. Please~."

"Mama's not here"

He heard knocks on the door, loud and desperate. "Hold on! Wait here don't even think of climbing down."

Nara nodded, following Sehun with her gaze.

He opened the door to see Kai sweating in this cold weather. "Is- Nara here?"

"Yes, stay here I'll get her." He clenched his fist, holding himself in but failed to. He landed a punch on Kai's face causing the other to fall on the floor. 

Kai spat out to see blood on the snow, he stood up looking right in Sehun;s eyes. "You deserve to be mad and as far as I want to punch you back. I want to see my daughter."

"Coward"

That's it, Kai held Sehun's collar pushing him hard to the wall. "We have no time for this."

"Coward, what do you think about stealing someone else's wife?" 

Kai wrapped his fingers around Sehun's neck, choking him. "She's mine before yours!!" His face turned red from anger, losing all his sanity. The rush of adrenaline makes him stronger, Sehun pushed Kai's shoulders with all his strength and manage to free himself.

"You're crazy"

"Shut up!" Kai grabbed a vase from a table ready to smash it on Sehun's head when Kris caught his arm, taking it from him.

"THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO?!!" He shouted startling Nara who started to cry out loud.

"Papa! Papa! " She sobbed, Kai ran to the sound of his daughter wailing. He found her on the kitchen counter with tears streaming down her chubby cheeks. She stretched her arms out asking to be held, and Kai did just that.

"Papa's here baby girl. No more crying okay."

Kris helped Sehun up, noticing the red finger marks on the others neck. "You might be dead if I was a second too late."

"You know I'm stronger hyung." Sehun smirked.

"Then why not fight back?"

"He has a daughter to cry over his death while I don't." His voice turned sorrow even when no emtions is displayed from his poker face.

Kai appeared with Nara in his arms, "Thank you for having her."

"I do it for my wife." 

"You two really need to talk, and I'm being serious here as the oldest." Kris closed the front door, giving the two a serious look. They followed him to living room, Nara begin to squirm in her father's hold clearly feeling suffocated.

"Nara-ah, come let's go upstairs with Uncle Kris."

"Papa?"

"You are in a lot of trouble Miss Kim." 

Nara hid behind Kris clearly afraid of her father's warning, in order to save herself. Uncle Kris will be a better choice for the moment. 

"Sit" Sehun made himself comfortable on the sofa when Kai remained on his feet, sparing no glance at the other.

"Let's not drag this any further. I did asked Areum to elope with me if that's what you're curious about." He didn't like how it sounds even a bit but it's the truth.

"I know, so what did she say?"

Kai leaned on the glass wall, looking down, a habit of his that has been inherited by his daughter. "She says no."

"She did?" 

"She told me that .... she loves you and no longer me. I got mad and I... I hurt her. You have the right to beat me up now, I know you were going easy on me earlier." Honesty is the best for the moment, he's tired of everything. Fighting for the love he can never win again, and to see how nice of a man Sehun is. Who is he to be compared to. "I hate you, you know.. For being so..., how can you even be so nice to my daughter when she's not yours? Treat Areum well when she's broken."

He sighed for the upteenth time that day. "I know the looks she gave you, it was the same 4 years ago when she's with me. I am mad because I know she won't be looking at me that way again."

Sehun leaned his back on the sofa, looking at the tan man. "If you know then what makes you selfish enough to steal her from her happiness."

"Because I still believe that she loves me the same way she loves you now. Having Nara can change the game, I use Nara to threathened her, that's why she took the ticket."

"What kind of a father are you to use a child against her mother?!"

"I know I'm a bastard and that's why... I'm giving the full custody to Areum and you." Kai was in mix of feelings, his eyes filled with tears with the thougths of letting go of his own happiness. "I'm leaving... for the best."

"You think Nara will like that? YOU'RE HER FATHER?!" Sehun couldn't take it when he mentioned about leaving, is everything that easy to come and go in his life? Nara is a blessing that Sehun might never have. How can Kai be so inconsiderate of the little one?

"I can't stand looking at her face when my health is deterioting, can't you see? I applied for transplant but the list is just too long, I can't show Nara that I'm doing nothing to stay with her a little longer." He paused, sniffling. "I don't want to hurt her."

"Is leaving her alone not hurtful? She will hate you all her life for GODSAKE THINK MAN! For once in your life, make a better decision."

"Is letting your child watching you die better? You, tell me."

"At least she sees you trying. My advice, stay with Nara. She needs you. I can never be her father like you do."

Kai laughed wiping away those tears that filled his eyes. "Did you hear youself man? You're comforting your enemy."

"I don't care, we both love the same woman. I understand that you can't simply let go of her , she's a big part of your life. But isn't Nara a wonderful gift for you? She did everything to have your child even abandoned her own studies when she could have succeed in her life? So.. isn't now the right time for you to pay her back?"

Kai bit his lower lip, trying to set his mind straight. "I can see she finds herself a right man."

 

___________

P/S I don't want this to sounds like an excuse but I have been busy with my studies and my father is not in a good shape so I can ahrdly upload this. Give me your support by commenting okay ^^