Crumble

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Special thanks too KissMeFanny, amarisarin, sweetdreamz, dewp98 & my dear subs.

_I promise you more excitement to come and faster pace, now is just d calm before the storm ^>^

_______________________________________

 "Your presentation was awesome" praised Baekhyun placing a cup of coffee on Sehun's desk earning a glare from Lu Han. 

"Mr. Byun, I told you that he's not to be served coffee"

Sehun smiled to the two adults, turning on his computer. "I still have a lot to do, Lu Han how's the papers I told you to prepare?"

The chinese man smirked, provoking Baekhyun that Sehun hasn't been paying attention to the smaller guy. Since he came back, Sehun seemed to be so close with his new secretary forgotting his friend. If not because of Chanyeol being so busy with his new task, Baekhyun won't be bugging Sehun for attention. He understands that Sehun's amnesia made him forgot their friendship but instead of finding the missing pieces, he's more focus on his career and find his old successful self, not the Sehun with a poker face who cares about his friends, his wife.

Baekhyun made sure to shut the door with a loud bang, he's mad. Mad that his old friend might never be the same again. 

"What an attitude, I am not very fond of that eyeliner guy"

"Luhan, don't be rude"

"I am not!"

"Whatever you say, just respect him okay? He works for me longer than you are. A slight jealousy maybe?" Sehun kept his eyes on the screen, fingers clicking the mouse with his poker face on. "When are you going back to China?"

"Until you come back, I have to stay"

"I never thought about that" 

"Now you want to stay?" Luhan's eyes widened in surprise, shaking his head in disbelieve. " We talked about this before, we're here to help you recover. To get back your lost memories, then we're off to China."

"That was before.... before I met my wife. She needs me."

 

Amber held Areum's hand while walking down the street, Sehun called her in the morning asking her if she's free to accompany Areum and for her to take her out, away from their home. The whole family is aware of Areum's condition and how messed up she could be. Amber could sense that she's a bit out of it the moment she saw her in the morning.

"Would you like something to eat?"

Areum shook her head, walking fast. "Amber can we go home? I don't really want to be out right now."

Sensing her change in behaviour, Amber pull her wrist causing her to wince in pain. She pushed her long sleeve up revealing bruises all over it. 

"You hurt yourself again? Do you want Kris to know this?"

 Areum was shaking when she held her step sister's hand. "Amber please don't tell anyone" she begged, with her teary eyes. The last thing she wants is to worry everyone and repeat the same thing that happened before. "You know how bad Sehun must feel. He will blame himself and and.. I can't face him if that ever happens."

"You're coming home with me"

"Amber no, please" she pleaded, but the other one is stronger. Amber dragged her back to the car, driving to their parents house. Sehun has been acting different, he will never choose work over Areum well aware of her condition. "You should be under watch, who knows what you will do next?"

"You don't understand! You have your own perfect life that I DON'T! Don't act like you know everything and send me home, now."

"I'm not listening anything from you"

"STOP THE CAR!" she began banging on the window, unlocking the door. 

"Don't be stupid, it's dangerous!" she turned the steering wheel to the left, stopping the car. "You are unbelievable Wu Areum"

Areum stepped out fro the car with woobly steps, her head was spinning so bad that she leaned on a wall to keep her balance. Amber catch after her , clearing her mind to think like Kris. He's always calm and never fails to make her listen to him.

"You look sick, come on, let's get you home"

"Leave me alone"

"Areum"

"I said leave me alone!"

"Areum?" She looked up to see the owner of the voice, the man she knows the most. Her first love. "What are you doing here?"

They ended things long ago but Amber knows well the look on the man's eyes, is the look of someone in love. She stood still and upright beside Areum, putting her arm around the other's shoulder, helping her to stand on her feet.

"We're going home" answered Amber, looking over to Areum with her pale face. 

"She doesn't look fine" he spontaneously cupped her cheek, then feels her temperature. "Have you gone to the clinic?"

"I don't think that is your concern, if you will excuse us-"

Her eyes rolled back when she stumbled forward, Kai caught her in his arms before she hits the floor. Her body gave up, she has been too stressed out that she lost her appetite. She's totally leaning all her body weight on him. He carried her bridal style into his car, placing her at the back seat. Amber trailed behind him, insisting that she comes along.

 

The proposal

Sehun kept on touching the small box in his pocket, wondering when will be the right time for him to say it out, to ask her hand in marriage. Their family agreed on marrying them to each other. Areum's side of family was reluctant at first regarding her unstable condition. They were afraid that it woud be a bother for Sehun and how irresponsible of them letting go of her to someone else when she's not a bit of herself. 

Sehun's side of family has different thoughts about it. They are glad how their son who loves fooling around with no worries has changed into a grown up man who cares about other people. After dealing with the pain caused by Kang Seulgi who betrayed him and ran away before their wedding, he became a lot more quiet and reckless with his actions. However, Areum's presence took him away like a storm. His natural protective instinct came out along with his smiles.

"How's your work trip?"

"Fine" he sat next to her by the pool, brushing away the bangs from her forehead. He pull his jeans up to dip in his legs. "You look a lot more different everytime I see you."

"Quit being nice" she bit her lower lip, turning her head to face him before she jumped onto him catching him by surprise. He lost his balance causing him to sway to the side and fell right into the pool. The maids raised up from their seat, running inside the house to get them towels. Sehun was still surprised from the attack but he was snapped right back into reality when he heard laughter resonating near him.

He opened his eyes and was met by hers. "You was caught off guard right? Did I took you by surprise?"

"Yes, you did" he laughs with her looking at how drenched they both are. Then he remembers the ring in his pocket. The box might already lost its shape due to the water. He took it out from his pocket without thinking much. "I ruined it".

She gasped in shock. "Is there something important inside? I'm so sorry that it got wet".

He chuckled, lifting the cover off, revealing a beautiful diamond ring sparkling a lot more as it wet. "Don't blame me, you're the one who ruined your own surprise."

She couldn't take her eyes off it, she never imagine of ever being proposed to. She agreed on the wedding when her parents asked her but it seems to be more than an arranged marriage. Sehun makes her realised that.

"I-I don't know what to say" she stuttered.

"I don't want you to just marry me because our parents want us too. I want it to be more than that. I want to love you, cherish you and wake up next to you everyday. I am bad at expressing myself so.. Wu Areum, will you marry me?"

"Y-Yes" 

They heard cheers from the veranda to see the maids who have been watching them since the start. Sehun, took her hand out of the water, putting the ring on her finger and sealed their love with a kiss. 

They promised to be with each other since that day and now will they strive to keep it?

 

Present

Sehun returned home at 7 p.m. the tv was on, he saw her sitting on the high stool at the bar alone eating some porridge. Amber was at the living room talking to someone, a guy. 

"I'm home" he announced hoping to get some responds from his wife but she was still chewing her food slowly without taking a glance at him. 

"Sehunnie!!"

Amber, Areum's step sister , he kept in mind. His smile was unnatural as he greets her. "Amber noona, thank you for keeping her company." His forced smile fades when he saw Kai standing behind Amber. "What is he doing here?"

"He helped us to take Areum to the hospital"

"Hospital?"

"She collapsed from malnutrition, is she not eating well?"

He couldn't answer her simple question, he was occupied with his work that he didn't keep an eye on her. He left before she wakes up and come back when she's about to fall asleep. They didn't exchange words that much that he never ask if she had her meals. 

"I guess you were so busy" 

Amber hissed at Kai's random remarks. "We'll get going then. He's taking me home as I left my car at the mall. Take care Areum, Sehun." She gave her sister a hug and a kiss on her cheek. "Don't ever skip your meals again."

Sehun and Kai were facing each other as the atmosphere getting tense and cold. " How tough must your work be to abandon your own wife."

"It's none of your concern."

"I can't just watch the mother of my daughter having a hard time with an irresponsible husband."

"Kai , let's go" Amber pull his arm, taking him to the front door. "Can you not get on his nerves?"

"He's neglecting her, can't you see?"

 

Sehun didn't watch them leave , instead he walked towards his wife who's washing the dishes , her back was facing him. 

He cleared his throat out off nervousness. "Are you better now?"

"I just need some rest"

"Let me see your face" he pushed her chin up to face him, her eyes get watery. His warm gesture took her pain away and makes her in need of more attention from the man she loves. "Do you want to lie down on the bed now?"

She shook her head, standing on her tip toe, she wrapped hers arms around his neck before pressing their lips together. He felt her salty tears on his lips, it was a rush of emotions exploding at once. She was mad, so mad that he couldn't remember her when he told her that he loves her the most. If he's too careful of his steps, she just messed it all up with her bold move.

He lets it all flow naturally by his emotions, she didn't want to let go in this false fantasy. He was the one to pull first. 

"How can you kiss me after having that man in my house?"

"Amber was here too, are you jealous of him?"

"Yes I am. Stay away from him"

"So love me, love me like you always have. Embrace me, keep me to yourself." The invisible pearls roll down her cheeks along with her confession. "You have no idea how lost I feel when you can't remember me. When you look at me differently... I feel worthless." She choked on her words, his eyes soften at the look of her. "Even my own mother abandoned me, nobody wanted me like Kris does but you care, you want me in your life when I am so imperfect."

He shook his head, unsure of what to say. "All you need to know is I still care. I want you to please don't force me to remember all those times. I'm having a hard time here. I thought you would understand."

"How can I understand when you never make an effort?" 

"I am, I'm trying to find my old self here, by working at my dream company."

"Your old self would find me above all." She stomped her feet as she walked away from him, climbing up the stairs to their shared bedroom..

She threw herself on the bed, curling to her side. He followed soon after, she shut her eyes closed pretending to be asleep. She;s upset so more talking will lead to a bigger fight and spill of hurtful words. He took a glance at her figure before walking in the shower. That night again felt colder than before.

Areum couldn't fall asleep even when he's done taking shower and was sitting at his working table, fingers swiftly moving on the keyboard. She quietly listened to his every moves, she took a peek at him when she heard his fingers moving slow and awkward. He groaned in pain and was not looking good, his left hand on his right wrist massaging it.

Sehun frowned, leaning back on the chair.

"Are you okay?" came her soft voice.

"I'm sorry I wake you up" he apologised, turning off his laptop. "I'm fine, go back to sleep."

But she's not listening to him, she made her way towards him with a worried look. The moonlight was shining on her that he could make out her features in the dark. She sat next to him taking his right arm, her fingers skillfully began to massage it with more pressure.

"Kris used to praise me about my skill so, you can count on me." She smiles, always smiling depite his lack of interest and kindness. 

"Thank you"

"It's my job, as your wife."

Just like that, the argument was forgotten. They were both quiet, him looking at her as she focus on her fingers on him, looking at him from time to time.

Silent might not be that calm as both of their heart were beating so fast full with sincere emotions, but none of them were to admit.

Is this what love makes you feel like?

He wonders.