Fond of you

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Special thanks to ren1234, dewp98, exofxkaistal, MrsParkByunOhKim, sweetdreamerz, basma_lollipop, UknowAde,  adhimaluanu, KissMeFanny, 15amavi, superdupper, amarisain, Seenaa and my fellow subs.

_____________________________

"Aren't you two going to visit my sister?"

Sehun stayed silent, playing with the brim of his spectacles while Kai was busy patting the sleepy Nara. Kris sighed, shaking his head.

"Sehun you're her husband and no matter what she did, your job is to stay by her side. Don't let me punch you in the face idiot!" Kris clenched his teeth glaring at the two. 

"I don't think she wants to see me right now, after I become a complete bastard for not having faith on her." He smirked taking a sip of the hot tea, carmomile tea, her favourite. 

"Well you should be there to let her pull out your hair"

"Papa~" Nara whined since she couldn't get a proper nap due to Kris' loud voice. Kai put his index finger on his lips, asking for the two to tone down a bit. Kris cleared his throat earning a glare from the father. "Can't you see my daughter is trying to take a nap right here?"

"Sorry" he eyed the little girl as she snuggled towards her father. Kai put his arm around her, hugging the smaller while lying down on the couch. 

Sehun envied him, but he quickly looked away not to be caught by Kris. "I'll come over tomorrow."

"You better!"

"Hyung"

"Alright, I'm leaving" Kris took his coat, heading towards his niece. He peck Nara on the forehead before leaving the house.

Sehun didn't notice that he kept on staring at the father and daughter. He watched how Nara's tiny fingers grasp her father's shirt to make sure he's not leaving her alone. He smiled looking at agape completely dozing off.

"She can be bossy sometimes."

"Really? She looks sweet to me."

Kai nodded in agreement, he's a fool for his daughter. " When Areum told me that she's pregnant. I was so happy but that night it hits me." He paused, looking at Nara. " How am I going to raise a child when I am just a high schooler? I had this tiny doubt in my mind... is having Nara is the right choice for the moment?"

He looked back to the day when he couldn't get any sleep, trying to make up his mind. "But Areum... I remember the look in her eyes when she told me about it. She was so happy like she won a lottery." He chuckled, Areum must have not thought about the miseries she would be into when they decided to keep the child. " Since she was so determined, I became fearless and just try my best with the things that I can. She had her cravings but she never call me in the middle of the night. She loves desserts and red bean bun. That's her favourite!" He smiled reminiscing the time he was first in her heart. "She's always so considerate of others, she's a keeper."

 

As promised, he took the day off for Areum. Sehun made his way into the flower shop, looking for some beautiful fresh flowers for his wife. Just the thoughts of her brought smile on his face. He's madly in love so how can he be so stupid? Or because he's in love, he's a possesive fool? Thinking that roses will be a cliche, he bought forget-me.not. He paid for the bouquet and continue his way to a nearby coffee shop.

He checked himself in the mirror, his brown locks is styled up to reveal his forehead and showed his manly side. He wore a white button up shirt thinking of how Areum loves him in them with a pair of light blue jeans to look more casual. He pressed the 5th floor as Kris told him to. However, the sight of his in-laws outside Areum's ward made his heart thump faster out of fear.

His mother in-law was crying in the arms of her husband. He rushed to their side looking at Mr. Liu, he realeased the hug, whispering to his wife about Sehun's arrival.

"Good morning , may I ask is there something wrong?"

"Areum won't wake up since yesterday, the doctor said that she might have fell into depression. We all know how worst it was before so... she needs treatment and they want to keep her in the mental ward."

Sehun  shook his head, the bouquet fell from his grasp. "No! I won't let them."

"Sehun. this might be for the best." Convinced Mr. Liu.

"How is it for the best? You're asking me to leave her alone under some stranger's care? I won;t let it happen. I'm here, I can take care of her." 

Mrs. Liu wiped her tears, taking Sehun's hands in hers. "We know it's hard but Areum might hurt herself when she's left alone. You can't be with her all the time, if she got her attacks, it's hard for us to stop her. "

"I can, just like I did before" the words slipped from his mouth smoothly when not even a hint of his memories with her before ever flashed his mind. 

His in-laws nodded in agreement but Kris cut them off. "You are not fit for this Sehun, you don't even remember those times."

He glared at Kris, asking him to stop talking. He still kept his amnesia as a secret and now is the worst time to tell them about it. "I did it once and I'll take good care no, better care of her again." He twisted the door knob to see Areum curled on her side with a blanket on her body. She looks so small, so fragile.

Oh , how it's breaking his heart.

He took small steps, preparing himself to see her face. He put the bouquet he picked from the floor before, putting it on her side table. He sat on the chair, her hair to the side, to have a clear look of her face. 

"Hey, wake up, it's me." He whispered in her ear, placing a kiss on her cheek. 

She squirmed, slowly opening her eyes. He leaned closer to her , his eyes started to brim with tears. 

"I miss you, I miss you so much". He rested his cheek on her pillow, fingers continuously her hair.

Areum didn't seem like herself, he noticed it when her eyes looked sadly in his. She's there but not fully. "I'm sorry I'm late." 

He sobbed shamelessly in front of her. He closed his eyes, his head hung low. Areum felt her heart sunk to see him breaking down. 

"I'm sorry I'm late." He repeated again with a mellow voice. 

"I miss you too" 

He opened his eyes, smiling when he met her dark orbs. She brushed her thumb on his cheek, wiping the invisible pearls. 

"I'm sorry." She apologised feeling heavy in her heart. 

"You did nothing wrong babe, I'm just so stupid." He smiled trying to have it curled on her lips as well but it never came. " I love you."

"I'm so unworthy for your love Sehun. You can find a better one than me."

"You have no idea how you managed to wrap me around your fingers. I ain't going anywhere. My place is next to you." 

Little did he knew, his confession calmed her down from her anxiety. Her fear of losing him, she fought the voices in her ears and her emotions came flooding down like waterfalls. She choked on her tears , she bit her lips hard till it bleed. Sehun cupped her cheeks, with his breaking voice, he sang a song he knew by heart. 'Sad song' by We The Kings'.

"Without you, I feel broke.
Like I'm half of a whole.
Without you, I've got no hand to hold.
Without you, I feel torn.
Like a sail in a storm.
Without you, I'm just a sad song.
I'm just a sad song."

She listened to the lyrics well before waking up and pull him into her warm embrace. He held her back, saying nothing but just listening to each other's breathing. They regret the quarrells they had, the misunderstandings, the yelling and the time when they took each other for granted. 

"I'm never going to leave you again" He released the hug, leaning their foreheads together. "Let's spend together forever."

She nodded, smiling warmly. 

"We'll fight this sickness, so you have to trust me. I'll take care of you with all that I have."

"I'm scared Sehun, I'm scared that it will change me." Depression, scizophrenia it when it struck her. She was out of control and she hates it when the voices took over her, won the best of her. 

"Hey~ I'm here for you. what is there to be scared about?" 

She shook her head in denial. " I'm not me when it happens, I might hurt you."

"If you love me, you'll never hurt me sweetheart. We're in this pain together."

Areum braced herself to make the first move, she kissed him on his lips. Nothing to rush just the two of them in their own bubble, embracing the moment. Their declaration of love towards each other after so much painful events. 

"I love you"

"I know" he grinned, placing a quick peck on her cheek. "Come home with me?"

"Always" she answered, smiling.

 

Kai has been watching the two since the start, he met Kris at the hallway. The other told him about Areum being in pain. He envied Sehun as the other got the spot he wanted to be in. He forced a smile on his lips but he couldn't. He felt heavy in the inside, he stumbled before falling on a nearby chair. He shook his head figthting off the feelings but it only makes it worst.

He silently fought with his emotions, he wanted to run in there and confess his love to her. Took her hand and runaway leaving everything behind. Just the two of them with Nara but that's clearly not what she wanted.

" I-I'm letting you go, my love."

He loves her so much that even if it's going to take away half of his heart to let her go. He will, for her happiness. To let her smile everyday because being with him means the old memories will never leave her. She'll be forever in pain so she's better off without him.

He stood up, never looking back.

He went down the elevator to see Nara running towards him,smiling as she did. He kneeled down, hugging her. 

"Papa, Nara wants to see mama."

"Nara-ah, what do you think about going back to Japan?"

She saw how her father's eyes changes, "As long as Papa is with me, I'm happy."

" Do you love me?"

" Since I was born, I have loved you Papa" She giggled, stretching her arms asking to be carried.

" Where did you learn to say that?"

"Secret" she put her short arms around his neck. Looking up to the direction of her mother's ward. 

'If leaving mama means I get to be with Papa. It's ok because Uncle Sehun will be there for mama so I'll be here for Papa' she thought, Nara is mature for her age. She knew from the start that her mother didn't look in her Papa's eyes like her friends parents look into each other's eyes. 

"Papa, I'm hungry~ Can we go out to eat now? With grandma?"

"Sure honey, everything for you."

 

P/s what a perfect place to end it right? But I couldn't let it hang just here so there will be a couple more chapters to come. Thank you for wishing my father's recovery, you people are the best!! Remember to leave me comments okay? ^^