7 days before moving

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

"Why isn't she coming?" questioned Baekhyun crossing his arms. "Both of you need each other, think about building a family".

Sehun kept his eyes on the computer, ignoring his hyung. Chanyeol sat beside Baekhyun, keeping his mouth shut. There are only 7 days left before he's moving to another country and his wife, Areum didn't even know about it. He needed to finish Kai's home design and other projects before he can take his leave to spend the limited time he has with Areum.

"I haven't ask her yet but I know her, she will be feeling bad about not being able to come and she will choose to stay with her daughter" he sighed, continue to sign some papers.

"Whatever makes you happy".

Happy.

He is, isn't he?

 

2 a.m. 

Sehun loosened his neck tie, walking to the kitchen. He opened the fridge to drink some water, taking a seat on the high chair. Areum must have fallen asleep in the room and Amber has gone home after she made sure that her sister has fallen into a deep slumber. Somehow, his night felt a lot more lonely than ever. 6 days left and he couldn't bring himself to break the news to his wife.

He heard footsteps coming down the stairs, smiling he leaned in her embrace. 

"Why do you come home so late?" her voice cracked. 

"Tons of work to do but, I'm done now. I have the day off today so, what about a vacation?" he stood up, washing his used glass before walking beside her to their room. She sat on the edge of the bed, watching him taking off his clothes.

"I think our vacation will be full with you sleeping everywhere, you're too tired. I can see it in your eyes, stop torturing yourself and have some rest. Please" she collected his clothes, putting it in the laundry basket. "I'm the happiest when you are healthy". Areum pecked his cheek before lying down on the bed. 

"Sleep well, I will hug you later" he smiled, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ears. She yawned patting his back.

"Great, make sure you smell nice".

 

6 days to go

Sehun woke up late at 12 p.m. , Areum was no longer in bed. He streched his long arms , making his way to the kitchen. He heard laughter coming out from there to see Areum talking with their housekeeper, the woman in her 40s. What could they be talking about for Areum to smile so brightly?

He put his index finger on his lips to the woman , asking her to pretend as if he's not there. Areum was too caught up in her story to realise that her husband is standing right behind her. Sehun bit her earlobe making her jumped knocking her elbow to his face.

"Auch!" Sehun winced in pain, covering his injured nose with his palm. 

"Sorry, sorry honey. I didn't know it was you"

"Mr.Oh, you should be careful yourself before teasing someone else" the woman got some ice from the fridge, putting it in a cloth. "Who knows you might get a bruise later".

Areum chuckled, gently putting the ice on her husband's nose. "What should we do if your sharp nose bend awkwardly? I might have break some bones".

Sehun pinched her cheek, sticking his tongue out. "You're not that tough".

"Are you trying to challenge me?" she accidently apply more pressure causing him to grunt in pain.

"Arggh!" he pull away, eyeing her evil smile. "Careful".

"Stop bickering and let's have lunch" the housekeeper began to set the table, she has been working for quite some time with this couple but she never really get to witness their love for each other. 

Sehun is always too busy to greet her and get to his wife as soon as he came bak from work. She's well aware of Areum's depression and has been told about how to handle her when she injures herself or when she's quietly missing out of sight. After preparing the meals, she has to keep all the sharp utensils in a room and locked it afterwards. At first, she can see no joy in Areum's eyes but later, the more she knows the young woman, she began to love her like she's her own daughter.

Areum has her own charms and her lovely side, no one can resist her. 

"Where are we going today honey?" she's all jumpy and happy eating her meal. 

"We'll be going for a drive and randomly stop somewhere and have a nice fancy dinner. Sounds good to you?"

"Very" she stole his piece of meat, chewing it loudly trying to annoy the husband. "Yummy!"

"Omo, look look, I can't believe someone like you have a 4 years old daughter. You're a child yourself". 

 

After breakfast, both of them sat on the sofa watching tv together. Areum hugged his waist, leaning her head on his chest while Sehun had his arms around her. They rarely get to enjoy each other warmth in the morning like this. Sehun will be waking up late and Areum will have her silent episodes. 

"You normally don't talk much but, you're really quiet right now. Is this movie that interesting?" she chtouched his chin, looking up at him.

Sehun kept his arms locked around her, kissing the top of her head. "You're thinking too much, can't I just enjoy cuddling with you?".

"I didn't mean it that way, it's just that.. I don't feel good" she pouted, tightening her hug. "Maybe because...I love you too much that I'm afraid that you're drifting away from me".

Sehun her hair, can she predict it that well or he's being obvious? He shrugged it off, comforting her.

"I love you and that's all that matters. Can distance tear us apart?"

Areum's lips turned to a thin line, she nuzzled her nose in the crook of his neck. "Can't you just stay close to me?"

"What if I have to and you won't come with me?" he unconciously spoke his heart out, looking at her reaction.

"Why would I do that?" 

"Because there is someone more important to you than I am?"

She shook her head. "No way, who could that be?"

"Nara"

Her smile faded.

"You are speechless because I am right, am I?"

"She's a child and you're an adult, she needs me more than you do. I need to feed her, bathe her but you can handle those yourself. So yea, she wins"

He smirked, his prediction is right. "Then... you won't come with me to China?".

She pull away from him, sitting upright. "What do you mean?"

"I got an offer , and I have been waiting for so long. I can't let go of this promotion. I'm moving to China" he sounded selfish, he knew that but if that is what it takes for her not to have doubts. He has to play pretend. 

"When?"

"Next week" he kept his poker face on even when he saw her eyes glistening with tears.

"and you are only telling me now? Do you think this is a joke? You're leaving and I know nothing. Am I even your wife?" she's mad at him. She felt betrayed. A tear escape from her eye, she brushed it off, keeping her eyes fixed on him.

Sehun bit his lower lip. "They told me about it 2 days ago. I couldn't bring myself to tell you about it. Will you even leave Nara to come with me? Like you said, she needs you more than I am. I know you wouldn't choose to come with me".

"Don't bring my daughter into this"

"Your daughter, you never really count me as her step-father. She's yours and that bastard! I have no rights to interfere between you and your little family." He stood up, massaging his nape. 

Areum stood on her feet as well, facing him. "Don't blame me when you're the one who doesn't want to have a child with me. I guess I don't deserve to have your child, I'm not a noble woman anyway. I'm just a broken woman who you choose to fix and play with."

"Don't get the wrong ideas" he grabbed her arm, tears streamed down her cheeks. 

"Let me go, I know my place" 

He pull her into his embrace, she struggled to escape from his hold. "Let me go while I'm asking you nicely Oh Sehun".

"I never lie to you when I say that I accept you for who you are"

"Don't say anything now, just let go of me. Please" she sobbed while pushing his chest with her palms. "Please"

"I'll be leaving for 2 years so, for the time being, I want you to stay with your family."

"But how can I let you live in a foreign country alone? I'm your wife and my place is next to you" 

Areum managed to calm down, he cupped her cheeks wiping thos tears from her face. "You have a bigger role than being my wife, you are a mother"

"I hate seeing you go and I hate it more when you're right" she leaned in his touch, she hold his arms sliding her hands to his. "Why are you so nice to me?"

"Because I love you, pabo" he smiled warmly, his eyes went down from hers to her lips. "Because... I love you more than you love me".

She closed her eyes the moment their lips touched, she circled her arms around his neck. Sehun felt her body shaking, she's crying again.

"I'm sorry" she shook her head. Sehun had done so much for her but she never get the chance to repay him back. She's causing him  a lot of troubles, hurt him countless of times but hever failed to give what's best for her. "I'm so sorry, I'm sorry".

"2 years won't be that long,I'll come to visit you when I have the time and maybe you can come to see me there with Amber. She speaks the language. I promise you that I'll be fine and now we have 6 days left. It will be the best days in my life if you can spend it with me, just the two of us. We will do everything we don't get to do before. That will be the best farewell gift ever."

She nodded, leaning on him. "I love you so much. Can't you leave a piece of you with me?"

His lips gone dry, she's pushing on the subject again. "Honey..."

"Hush now" she pull him with her, heading to their bedroom.

He didn't know how to resist the moment she gave him the pleading eyes.

Wu Areum, you are one dangerous lady.

_________

Comments, comments please T-T

what do you think will happen next?

Welcome to new readers^^