3 months before

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

(I wrote this while listening to this song, play it if you like it)

3 months before, the day of the incident

Luhan and Sehun were the only ones left in the building. The headquarter in Korea decided to fasten the production of their new modern designed furnitures. As the leader of the China branch, Sehun had to make arrangements and deal with the people to conduct the orders. Luhan couldn't leave him alone, the younger would be having a hard time without his secretary. He doesn't speak Chinese and that's the biggest problem.

"I can't reach the factory, I guess we have to go there by ourselves" he put his cellphone down, looking at his boss.

Sehun took off his glasses, massaging his temple. His whole body is aching but that's not going to hold him back. He needs to prove himself to them, that he's not here to be bullied. "I'll go"

"I'll come with you" 

Sehun wore his coat, patting his loyal secretary's shoulder. "It's fine hyung, you can go home now."

"Are you sure?"

"Really sure, see you tomorrow" he yawned, walking out from his office. Luhan sighed, picking up the scattered papers.

 

Sehun drove for 20 minutes before arriving at the factory. It's 10 p,m. so there must not be that many people in the building. After asking for directions from the guards, he managed to get to the manager's room.

He smiled to see the man still in his office, working on his computer.

"Mr.Oh, come in. Is there any problem?" 

"I'm sorry Mr.Wang but it seems like there's a change of plan." He took a seat across the 50 years old man, a Chinese-Korean. "We have to fasten the new furnitures production. It's the higher up commands, I can't do anything about it."

"No worries, we'll work on it"

"Relieve to hear that" Sehun was thankful that the manager seemed to understand the sudden changes. He's stressed out about it but he couldn't do anything but to agree. He made his way out after arranging some things with the man.

On his way out, he saw an open door where machines were working on cutting woods for the furnitures. Surpisingly it was empty and some sections were empty without anyone operating on the machines that needed men to work on. "Hello? Anybody here?"

 

"Close the door! Everyone needs to leave the building now!" shouted a man in uniform. Many of the employees have moved out from the factory, they the siren , making annoucements. 

Sehun heard the door behind him close before running towards it. The red lights were blinking and he could hear the annoucements but couldn't understand any of it. But he knew one thing for sure, something's wrong and he needs to get out now. He knocked on the door, shouting for help. His body was sweating from the heat when his eyes caught one of the machines was on fire. 

"Help! Help!" he continuously pounding on the door with his fists. He saw the camera tring to get the security's attention.

"There's a man in the room sir, what should we do?" asked one of the employees who saw Sehun on the screen.

"Has everyone moved out to safety?"

"No sir, can I open the door?"

The engineer in charge shook his head. "Not until everyone is out, with the door close, we can save many more people. But we have to lose one."

"But sir-"

"Everyone run out as fast as you can!"

 

"Help! Help! " Sehun was losing his voice, the smokes was drowning him. He covered his nose with his red palm from all the knockings. 

Knowing that they wouldn't open the door for him, he got down on his stomach, trying to get fresh air to breathe in and look for any other escape doors. 

The smoke was hurting his eyes, tears was falling involuntarily, his head was spinning from all the tiredness and the black smokes entering his lungs. He's going to die, but he won't give in before figthing.

He used all the strength he had left, crawling away from the metals that would burn his skin. Just then, he saw a gas hose hanging loose, the moment the fire touches it, it will explode and he would be burned to death.

He kissed his wedding band, losing his energy. 

"I'm sorry Areum-ah" and everything turned black.

 

Present day

"That was what I heard from the people, the machine did explode but the thick coat he wore, saved him some skin. He was lucky as the firefighters managed to save him before it was too late" explained Luhan to Areum.

Sehun was sitting beside his wife, his poker face on. Areum was wiping the tears gently with her fingers. 

"You must have been so scared, I mean.. why are they so heartless?" 

"It's the best decision to save more lives, we have no say in it" 

Sehun looked over to Areum, then to Luhan who gave him the menacing glare. He needs to comfort his wife, tell her that it's ok now and he's back for good. But he couldn't, she's a stranger to him and he's not good at treating woman. 

Areum bend over to her knees, trying to muffled her sobs. She felt so bad that she couldn't do anything for him when he was struggling alone.

Regret. Guilt. Sorry.

She blamed herself for being selfish, for 3 months she thought he was having an affair behind her back when all he did was struggle to live another day. For 3 months he was only with Luhan who kept coming for visits. 

"Before the surgery, he was still a bit concious , the doctor told me that he wanted to talk to me before going in the OR. And what he said... and all he thinks about is you"

 

Flashback

His flesh was badly burnt, the impact sent him flying over to the wall. He was hurting so bad , Luhan was brought to tears at the sight of the younger's injuries. 

"Sehun-ah"

"H-Hyung" his voice was trembling. Luhan kneeled on the floor, face closed to him. "A-Areum, d-don't" his eyes rolled back, his body shaking. "tell her".

Luhan nodded eagerly, "I promise"

"I'm sorry mister but the patient needs his surgery now."

 

"To keep that promise, I answered your messages, invading his personal life. When you were doubting for his love, I couldn't just stand back without fighting for him. I'm so sorry, I had no choice."

Areum was speechless, she lift her head up to face Sehun, she wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning on him. 

Her poor husband, the only one who love her more than herself. She was so ungretful, she took him for granted.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for not being a good wife for you."

Sehun followed his impulse, he pull her closer to him. 

"I took you for granted" she was a sobbing mess.

Just how much did he love this woman to think of only her when he's at the verge of death? To do everything for her, devoting his life for her. What kind of a person is the Oh Sehun before?

"It was my choice, I believe." 

Luhan rolled his eyes, finally a word from the younger. "He woke up with amnesia and problems with his motorneuron. I have arranged for appointments and such. I'll give you the details. I know it will be hard on both of you but, you can ask me for any favors. I owe Sehun a lot."

Luhan won't be recognised for his skills if it's not for Sehun. His appearence makes people took him for a joke. He has a small figure, a child-like face, unfit for his role that needs lots of moving and communicating with difficult people. However, Sehun believed in him with the lies from the higher ups that said Luhan is a very experienced one. They were toying with Sehun only to be taken down by his passion.

"Thank you for not leaving his side" Areum couldn't stop thanking her husband's loyal employee. The man had done so much for them.

"I hope that you will help him to remember things that he couldn't. I need to leave now, call me if you need anything." Luhan stood on his feet, ready to leave.

Areum felt his head hurting from all the crying, Sehun held her close to him when he noticed her knees gone weak. It must have been hard for her to listen to his tragic accident and the after effect. 

"No need to send me out, I know my way. Take care"

"You too hyung."

 

Sehun accompanied Areum on the couch till she fell asleep from all the tiredness. He was alone at the kitchen, drinking a glass of cold water. He reached for his cellphone from his pocket, going through his gallery. He searched for the one with him in it.

Most of it are his pictures with Areum and some shots of her alone. He played a video where Areum was wearing an apron with an old woman by her side.

"You have to mix it really well miss not this slow"

"Sehun quit recording, I'm being scolded here." She chuckled, pushing him away. They were in the kitchen, the same place where he's at.

"No, I have to get this moment of your first cooking class. So we can laugh at it together." 

It's him, he couldn't believe his own voice. 

"Stop it, Sehun I'm being serious right now" Areum with flour on her hands headed towards him. "Come here, let me put this on your face." 

"Areum, no. No!" he walked backwards still recording her, she had an evil smirk on his face. "Come closer and I swear you'll regret it."

"Not afraid~" she sang and the screen gone black, he must have accidently pressed the stop button.

He put the device down, elbows on the table, leaning his forehead on it. He couldn't recall anything, nothing is triggering his memories.

"It's going to be a roller coaster ride" he muttered.

 

____________________

Thank you for commenting, subscribing. I really love comments and I wait for it all the time^^ 

Comments plez, I update this filler for you people to be more clear on what's happening, hope you like it

 

Special thans to KissMeFanny, hana55 and superdupper for your comments. I appreciate it xoxo.