Words kill

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

I'm so so sorry for the late update, been busy and down with fever. Tq for all the responses and I remind you, this ifc is coming to an end. 

Please leave me comments on what you expect next, don't be my silent readers plz^^

Special thanks to ren1234, dewp98, amiradiba, JanicePokez, muzna88exo, Fei_Lin, basma_lollipop, Kinsha92, hana55, sandiradirapark, littleprinluhannie, exofxkaistal, KissMeFanny, sweetdreamerz and amarisarin.

Keep commenting!!

___________________

After a stressful day at work, Sehun came home late after a quick dinner. He made sure to text Areum earlier and told her to go to bed first. He unlocked the front door to hear the tv is on from the sounds of music and people talking.

"Honey, I'm home~" he made his way to the living room and was greeted by the sight of his sleeping wife on the couch. The remote tight in her grasp, he chuckled to see her awkward form and her hair covering her face. 

He carefully took the remote but when his eyes landed on the screen, he froze.

It's a video from their wedding. He saw himself in black tux smiling from ear to ear while dancing with Areum in her pretty white dress. The camera moves closer to them.

"Mrs. Oh Sehun, what do you think about marrying this not so called gentleman" asked Baekhyun, who wouldn't recognised that unique voice. 

Areum turned to face the camera , her face blush when she took a glance at him. " Because... he's the nicest man I ever known?"

"That is so bias" joked Baekyun earning laughter from the newlywed.

"Baekhyun hyung, stop bothering us please" Sehun playfully covered the lens with his palm.

"Ok ok, Oh Sehun why do you marry this gorgeous woman?"

"Is there even a reason to love a person?"

"Cheesily cringy" commented Chanyeol coming from the back of the two. 

Sehun eyed himself, his smile was real. His feelings were reflected by the tight grasp on Areum's waist and the soft look he gave her. So genuine, so in love. 

"You're home?" Areum yawned as she got up. 

"Not so long ago"

"It's late, let's go to bed" she rubbed her thumb on his cheek as he held her hand. "I love you."

He kissed her cheek to show her he feels the same too. "Do you miss the old times? I mean you fell asleep watching our wedding videos."

"I was just reminiscing the magical moments"

"Do you wish for me to remember everything? "

"No, it's better this way. We're starting anew"

Sehun saw how tired she looked , her eyes were quite puffy that he wondered if she cried. He probably didn't need to ask, she misses the old times, the old him. He suddenly felt sorry for always being busy to spend time with her.

"Bed now honey, look at your face. Your messy hair" he pull her up, hugging her waist.

"What? Do you hate it that I'm looking ugly?"

"Can't really say no. Ouch!!"

She pinched his arm, climbing up the stairs faster. He saw her pouty lips. 

"I was joking"

"The couch is yours tonight."

 

"Have you considered the surgery?"

Kai stare blankly outside the window, watching how the wind causes the tree to shake. Nara fell asleep next to him on the bed, whining about seeing a monster under her bed while it is her old stuff toy with a missing eye.

"It's risky mom"

"But right now, you're not trying anything to cure yourself. You do realised that your daughter need a father"

A father? He couldn't do much for his daughter, is he even deserves the title? Being sick makes you sensitive, angry, irritated , and afraid of the time. Oh, how he wishes to never look at the clock or the date again. "I can't end up dying on the operating table mom. I want to say a proper goodbye to Nara."

"Then what do you plan on doing?" By this time, Mrs. oh was in a mess. She's about to lose her son and their relationship is not getting better. She was crying silently inside, over the years, her tears have gone dried.

"I want to make Nara's dreams come true."

Mrs. Kim didn't need to be told twice to not what her son meant."She's married , you have to move on. You have to accept the fact that she chose him over you."

He smirked, surprised by her words when all in his mind. His mother was to blame for his lost. " Well say what you want but when she says yes to me. I won't back down."

"Don't break yourself"

"No worries mom, I know that she will surely choose me and Nara."

"Using a child against her mother is the cruelest thing ever Kai. You know how your father forced me to stay with him when he has another woman and only been using me??!!"

It hurts him a lot when he found out about his father's affair and how his mother hid it all from him. The played a model family in public but, inside the house they did nothing but get mad at each other and him locking himself up in his room. He hated every second of the time he spent with his father ever since.

"Do you think she will be happy? Have you even consider her feelings?"

He wanted to say yes but he couldn't. Because he didn't ask her if she truly want to be with him for him. If the kiss was out of love but not a doubtful action. 

"Can you leave me alone?"

His mother left the room with a heavy heart. She turned her lovable son into a selfish man he never was. 

 

"Can you take the day off tomorrow?"

Sehun buttoned his white dress shirt in front of the mirror, looking at his wife's reflection. Areum was lying on the bed curling herself in the blanket. 

"Why? You want to go somewhere?"

"It's Saturday and you can work from home~" she whined. "Pleaseeee~."

"Give me a strong reason to do so."

"Am I not enough to be a reason?"

"Look look, someone is being clingy." He joked but she turned her back to him. "I was joking."

 She continued to ignore him, Sehun found her adorable. He couldn't go to work when his wife is all pouty like this. He sat at the edge of the bed,poking her on the belly.

"I'll ask my boss, happy now?"

"Convince him all you can" 

"I will" he pecked her forehead,  trying to pull the blanket from her.

"Hey!!"

"Put on your clothes, you're seducing me again." He winked causing her to blush. 

She covered her face with her palms, even after more than a year being married she still feel shy around him. Not to mention his way of teasing her has gone way bolder than before.

Sehun made a sandwhich by himself since Areum was still in bed. He sipped his hot coffee when he heard a phone vibrating near him. He looked at the counter to see Areum's cellphone.

"Honey! Your cellphone!" He yelled from the first floor. He shrugged when he thought that she has fallen back asleep. 

'Kai'

The caller id surprised him, what is this man doing calling his wife early in the morning and it's not weekend. It's not about Nara, he's sure of that. He did hesitate for a second but his curiousity told him it's ok to answer the call.

"Hello, sorry for calling so early." Kai cleared his throat before sighing. "I hope you gave it some thoughts. About the other day."

Sehun clenched his fist, getting more annoyed and confused by the other's words. 

"Hello? Areum?"

Sehun turned the cellphone off, putting it back on the counter. How dare is he to bother his wife early in the morning. He made a mental note to talk to Areum about it.

 

Areum was at a nearby bakery to buy some bread, recently she has been developing a habit of eating sweets in the morning. She chose some cream filled buns and apple crumble. 

"Good morning miss, I've seen you quite often you know."

She smiled to the cashier a young guy in his early 20s. She read his name tag 'Taemin'. "You look familiar, do you know that?"

He smiled showing his straight white teeths probably a good use to get girls. "They said I look like the chaebol, Kim Jongin."

Kim Jongin. Yes the resemblance except for the skin color, this Taemin guy is far too pale from Kai. She handed him the money before heading out , she remembered their conversation, their kiss. She touched her lips unconciously, trying to erase the memory , the guilt started to eat her alive. She kissed the two men both on the same day, how could she? If only he knows... Sehun would have gone mad and dissapointed in her.

She's cheating on him, isn't she?

She fastened her pace, trying to get the thoughts out of her mind. Areum walked past the crowd and walked her way up the hill to her house, she saw him. Leaning against his car with a silver tux on, she took a few steps back but he caught her faster with his long legs.

"Where are you going? Trying to avoid me?"

"Kai, please don't come here without Nara. Sehun will misunderstands us. People will talk, you;re a public figure"

"And so does Sehun." He stood his ground, if looks could kill. She's probably dead by now from his sharp gaze. "Have you forgotten about the other day?"

Her lips gone dry, she looked away from him and the red mark on her neck caught his gaze. He smirked, grabbing her shoulders. "Enjoyed your night?"

She knew what he meant, and it's rude of him to in that way. "Let go of me! You're being weird!"

"You're mine in case you forgot."

"I'm his, you are just my past"

He tightened his grip causing her to wince in pain. "Do you want him to know that you're leaving him in 3 days?"

"Who told you that I'll be coming?"

"Look, look. You choose, if you don't come with me. You will never see Nara again."

He's blackmailing her using their daughter as a bait. Areum was taken aback by his words, how can he as a father ever think of suing his innocent daughter to win his past love? When the one who ruines it all is himself for being a coward.

"I'm dissapointed in you, get a hold of yourself Kai." She pushed his arms harshly, trying to escape from him but Kai is a very determined man. 'Give up' is never in his dictionary. He pull her along with him to the backseat, he pushed her back on the leather seat while she struggled to get away from him. He's clearly not in his right mind.

"Stop struggling, God!!" Frustrated, he pushed her harder that she couldn't move. 

"Kai! Get back to your sense!"

"How can you change so fast?! You love me yesterday" his gaze softened. "I love you."

"This is not love, you're forcing me to!"

"But you kiss me back!!"

"I was confused."

"Lie! Lie! Lie!" He shook his head, his expression scares her, she has never seen this side of him before. 

Possesive.

Obsession.

"Kai, you're hurting me" she wriggled to released herself but he's stronger. "Kai, keep in mind that you're unwell. Let's stop arguing about this."

"The one you love is me, you promised me. YOU LIAR!!" He raised his voice as his eyes turned red from anger. "That's it! YOU'RE ING COMING WITH ME!!" He locked the door, he locked her with his thigs in between her waist. His right hand holding her arms while his left hand started to undo his tie. He tied her hands feeling sorry to see his red fingers print on her arm , a result from his harsh act.

"Let me go, please~" she begged, her eyes glassy from fresh tears. 

"You're the one who makes it harder!"

He felt her body turning cold , her gaze empty. The trauma from her school days took over her mind, the flashes from the time she was thrown to the floor, beatened and mentally tortured paralysed her whole body. She couldn't move her limbs. Kai's face started to dissapear and be substituted to one of the bullies. She felt it again, the painful blows. Her silent pleads for them to stop.

"Areum! Areum!" Kai started to panick when she gave him no reponse, she did nothing but to bit her lips till blood dripped down her chin. 

He shook her body trying to wake her up from her trance. "Areum~ Baby... I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please forgive me" he untied her hands , when he looked up to check on her.

Her eyes shut tight and her body turned cold.