Options

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

"Luhan called me. Apparently, Sehun shouldn't be driving due to his sudden muscle jerks" explains Chanyeol looking haggard since he couldn't get any sleep last night thinking of ways to get his friend out from this murder accusation.

Baekhyun sipped his coffee while looking at Sehun's parents who look as mess as he is. "When is the trial?"

"They need to get Mrs. Kim to press the charges, and... she already did. That's why Sehun is handcuffed and put on supervision. The trial should be soon."

"I need to speak to my son." Mr. Oh has been losing sleep and his wife isn't that much different either. Areum on the other hand is pregnant and having to handle this must be hard on her. His poor daughter-in-law. Since day one, Areum has a special place in his heart. The fragile looking girl with her head hanging low, not much words spoken but she never fails to make his son the happiest male.

 

Sehun was fast asleep when Areum woke up, she gently tapped Kris' shoulder to wake him up with Nara in his arms. Confused and still half-asleep, Kris opened his eyes to see Areum with her winter coat on. "Where are you going? It's still early."

"I need to hand Nara to her grandma."

"But Mama is-. Right, Kai's mom. That witch"

"Kris, she's Nara's grandma. Have some respect." Areum pull Nara from Kris but he held her back. "I'm coming with you, I'll drive you there."

Areum nodded , he's right it's still early and she's not going to drive anyways. Nara is heavy for her to carry with her growing belly, she couldn't take any risks. Kris tighten his grip around the small body , Nara moved but didn't open her eyes. 

Kris looked over to Sehun. "Don't you need to tell him?"

"Let him rest."

Areum lead the way, Kris notice her lips chattering from the cold wind once they step outside. He caught up to her and walked by her side, ushering her to the car. She's stubborn, even if he says no , she will still go to the Kim's mansion. It's Kai's turn to be with Nara. Since Kai is no longer around, it's his mother's turn now. Honestly, Kris is not so sure about Mrs.Kim feelings for Nara. Will she still want this child?

Kris could never forget how she chased Areum out from her house when she told him she was pregnant. She offered her money for abortion, tailed her to school to get her expelled. Took her child away, paid the hospital to file a false report of miscarriage. Put Areum into depression.

But Areum insisted to send her daughter to the same woman who wanted her child dead.

Kris can never understand.

He put Nara at the back seat and tighten the seatbelt around her. He rushed back in since the wind was icey cold. Areum's nose has turned pink from the coldness. 

"You look like a reindeer." He pinched her cheek putting a smile on her face. "Shall we have something to eat first? You're eating for two now sister."

"Sure, Nara must be starving." 

 

Mrs. Kim sat on the dining table glancing over to the empty chair on her right. Kai may hate her, but he usually accompanies her for breakfast if he couldn't make it for dinner. As time passes by, she felt more at lost. 

"I miss you son" she muttered under her breath, tears rolled down her cheeks as she reminisce the time when Kai would have morning chats with her while munching his food. He would have his small toys on the table beside his pills. How he would throw tantrums not wanting to eat any of his medicines. "Why must you leave me."

She cried and cried, her food untouched as she drown in her sorrows.

Longing for her dead son.

The sound of the door bell echoes in the silent mansion. The maids rushed to open the door , Mrs. Kim wiped her tears and took a sip of plain water. "Who is it?"

"Nara and her mother."

"Let them in."

Nara ran up to the maids she knows so well, they hugged her tightly, showering her with kisses. All of them were at Kai's funeral, they know almost everything that happens in the house. Nara adores her Papa, the two were inseparable. Areum stepped inside with heavy steps while Nara was happily swinging from one person to another. She lives here, she used to spend more time here than with Areum.

Mrs. Kim poured herself some wine and took it to the living room. Areum saw her eyes glancing at hers. Her puffy eyes, her red nose and are those wrinkles? Who would have guessed the great Mrs. Kim can actually aged? "Come and sit here. We can have a conversation if you want to."

The witch is still in her indeed. Areum kissed Nara on her cheek before walking to the formal room filled with expensive displays and framed pictures of the late Kim Jongin. She took a seat across the older woman, her hands started to sweat our of nervousness. "How have you been?"

"ty, isn't obvious?" Mrs. Kim snickered taking another sip of her wine. " You, look very happy to me."

Her sarcastic remarks never seem to tone down. Sehun is handcuffed on his bed while he's in his worst condition, and Kai passed away a few days ago. Nara might or might not be under her custody and the child she's carrying might be born without his/her father by his/her side. Yes, she's indeed very happy and not broken at all. 

"I came to drop Nara, she miss her grandma but I can take her home if you're going to be drunk around her."

Mrs. Kim clicked her tongue looking straight at Areum, she placed the wine glass on the table. Her face calm despite her sharp words. " If my son never have met you he might still be alive right now."

"If Kai have never met me, you will not have Nara and he won't be fighting for his life without his daughter. I love your son with all of my heart. If you would have accepted me, Kai wouldn't have to suffer!!" Tears filled her eyes, she miss him. Her heart is yearning for him, to see his face one last time, to hold him and to tell him how much she loves him even when they're not together. "Your selfishness cost your son to lose his happiness. He was already dead when you took him away from me. I was his happiness. You kill him!!"

"Enough!!"

"You call yourself his mother?!"

"GET THE OUT OF MY HOUSE!!"

Areum stood up and wiped the tears from her eyes before turning back to go to the front door when out of rage, Mrs. Kim picked the half-filled wine bottle up and smashed it on the back of Areum's head. The sound of the shattering glass was loud enough that the maids came running to the formal room. Nara tailed behind them when she saw her mother, kneeling on the floor before falling face first on the thick carpet.

"Mama!!!" the small girl came running to her mother's side. 

Mrs. Kim stare in horror when blood started to seep in the carpet, dark red. Her hair damp from blood gushing out from the wound, her breath quickens. Nara crying by her side putting her small hand on her shoulder, calling for her desperately.  Her vision blurred , her heart beating faster and faster she swears she felt like it would stop any seconds from now. Is this what dying feels like?

 

Kris rushed in the mansion when a maid came to him shaking in fear, before she could say a word Kris knew something bad has happened. When he stepped in the front door, he heard Nara's voice and soon he was greeted with Areum's limp body on the floor and across her Mrs.Kim with her back on the sofa, sweating , shaking.