Me, before you

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

Special thanks to nilyaydemir, leeteukbaby, apink6memory, sehun19, KissMeFanny, amarisarin and dewp98. Keep commenting and subs^^

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"We have been informed about your condition Director Oh." 

Sehun was fidgeting in his seat with Luhan by his side, he never remember getting a spot as a designer in this well-known company but one thing for sure, he worked hard for his position. Being designer has always been his dream, frankly speaking, he's about to get fired and he's extremely afraid that will happen.

"Since your accident is because of you trying your best for our branch in China. I believe with proper treatment you'll get on your feet in no time. So for now, we'll give you the light jobs to not stress you out for better recovery. Prove me that those brilliant , creative ideas of yours are still there. Luhan will inform you the details."

"Thank you sir" he stood up to shake the man's hand. The person he idolized the most, the top interior designer that is recognized worldwide. He couldn't help but to smile widely. 

The two walked in Sehun's previous office before he was transferred to China, there were no trace of him at all. They were about to put a new person in Sehun's position but the man himself has come back to occupy the seat. Luhan sat on the leather sofa with Sehun across him.

"I really hope that you'll impress him with this new project" he handed Sehun his iPad . "You have to design a restaurant, a 5 star restaurant. They offer a fine dining with the theme of fantasy. It's time to work that brain of yours to a whole lot new level."

"Yet he said a light project?"

"Sehunniee!" 

They turned their head to the voice,a small guy with black locks and black eye liner ran towards Sehun, hugging him tight. 

Luhan shrugged not knowing who that guy is. 

"I miss you man, why don't you tell us that you're back?"

This guy is super excited to have him here, Sehun gently pushed the man away from him. "Who are you?"

"Byun Baekhyun your best best friend in the world! Come on stop joking and tell me,what brings you here? Is your job done? Wait till Chanyeol see you, he will be so excited and jumpy." Baekhyun put his arms around the younger but when Sehun's expression remained emotionless. He felt uncomfortable and awkward.

Luhan was laughing inwardly to see Sehun's famous poker face and the Baekhyun guy all smiles. To break the ice, Luhan cleared his throat.

"Nice meeting you Mr.Byun I'm Lu Han, Sehun's secretary in China."

Sehun crossed his arms, leaning backwards to look at his best friend's face. He does looks familiar to him. "Were we in the same school?"

"Sehun, it's not funny. Don't pretend to not recognise me, you're freaking me out" Baekhyun's eyes darted from his friend to Lu Han asking for explanation.

"It's you! The nerd from class 2. I remember you, why are you so different? Where's your huge glasses?"

"You're offending me right now Sehun, fine forget it." Baekhyun stood up ready to leave the room. "Is being promoted makes you arrogant?"

Lu Han was the first to clear things up as Sehun seemed to be relax about it. "H-He's sick."

"I believe his brain is sick"

"No Mr. Byun it's not that he's-"

"I lost my memory" Sehun spat it out as if there's nothing wrong with it. "And I'm not being a jerk. If I do remember you, I won't pretend that I don't."

Baekhyun bit his lower lip feeling guilty for his accusion. "I was just afraid that you have become the person you were before."

Sehun didn't miss those words coming out from Baekhyun, him before? Was he not the same person as he is now? If he is..

"What do you mean, me , before?"

 

We are inviting you Wu Areum to Hongin High School Reunion 

Areum starred at the invitation card with Kris across her.

"Our previous landlord told me to get it, I just think that you should see it."

Kris couldn't read her expression, she kept a straight face on, keeping the card back in the envelope. High school gave her a lot of bad memories, she got pregnant and was forced to leave school, she was bullied and Kai left her. Going back to meet those people is like a suicide mission or a way for her to overcome her fear and free from depression. 

It's her choice.

"It's.. going to be tough, honestly speaking" she let out a deep breath, massaging her temple. Kris rushed to her side when he saw her teary eyes.

He pull her into a tight hug, rubbing her back to console her. "Baby girl, you need to forget those bad things ok? It has been a long battle and this is a chance for you to be your previous self. Rewrite the history, be Wu Areum the smart , I don't give a damn kind of girl. Face them, show them that you're living a far more happier life than they are."

She nodded, feeling comfortable in her brother's embrace. "I miss our childhood days, the great ones with you, mama and baba."

"Can you be honest with me? I saw it, the night of the party, it was poorly hidden by those make ups" he grabbed her arm, pulling her long sleeve shirt up revealing her abused wrist. "I thought you have stopped doing this."

Speechless, she took a few steps back, biting her lower lip. "I-It's not that recent, the cut just seems to take longer to heal."

"Did you tell Sehun about your depression?"

"N-Not really, I want to be the woman who deserves him not the loser I was. I have changed a lot Kris and you out of all people should know it." 

They couldn't look into each other's eyes. Areum  used to be a time bomb that needs proper care or they can lose her anytime. Her brain will always get mixed up between right and wrong. She did show a tremendous progress through the years. She's falling back to the curb for a moment, maybe because of the pressure to care for her husband. 

Kris has been observing the married couple , Sehun was acting like a total different person. He kept a certain distance from his own wife but still standing next to her. They didn't talk much, Areum was being really careful with her actions as well, not to offend the other. He saw her holding herself in, not to hold his hand, not to whisper to his ear and not even a complain on how her heels was killing her.

"I know how much you have worked to fight it, and I want you to stand tall and proud of your past cause no matter how hard the world is crashing you down, you're still here. Loved by many people. So... will you be brave to face your past?"

 

19 years old Sehun

Baekhyun and Chanyeol arrived at their usual night club to see Sehun with a woman they know so well. They have been together since senior year. Sehum made the first move, Seulgi was a popular girl in school and he felt so lucky when she said yes to him, to be his girlfriend. Sehun can never feel so happy. He has been keeping his feelings for so long. She's just so attractive, pulling him deeper into her.

"Hey man! Order up, my treat." 

Chanyeol shook his head. "I'm driving Baekhyun home , you know how crazy he is when he's drunk."

"Don't blame me, I am as cute as puppy when I'm drunk, even cuter in fact." Baekhyun winked at a girl close to their table that has been watching his giant friend. "Don't bother him, he's gay." Shouted the loud mouth earning a glare from his red headed friend.

"You're always driving all girls away from me, protective much huh?"

Sehun laughed , arm never leaving his girlfriend's waist. "Actually we have an annoucement to make."

"We are engaged!" Seulgi showed off her simple silver ring. 

"WHAT?!" screamed Chanyeol and Baekhyun in unison.

Sehun pecked her cheek lovingly, taking another shot of alcohol. "I have never been so sure in my life guys. She's my living inspiration and I would be nothing without her."

"Hang on, isn't too early though?" Baekhyun was being rational. They are a bunch of kids and immature. Marriage is a life long contract not to be abused by affairs and what not. 

"Our parents told us to just go with it, as long as we keep up with our studies and-" 

"We're moving to France!" Seulgi cut her fiance off again, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "We got accepted  to this awesome designing school, isn't that great?"

Chanyeol gave Baekhyun the look, they knew how those two very much in love with each other. Sehun has been head over heel for Seulgi. She has the charms, the look but one thing. Seulgi is impatient and self-centered. Sehun has to give in to all her demands. He may be patient now but for a long time, he will reach the limit.

Truhfuly, Baekhyun never really like Seulgi if not because of Sehun. He knew that she's two timing him but if they really are getting married. Seulgi must have given up on the other guy.

"Do you really love each other?"

"No words can explain that" Sehun adored Seulgi and even a blind person can see that.

 

"So, did we get married?" 

Lu Han was so into the story that he didn't even blink. Baekhyun being a tease he is, "I'm thirsty, a glass of delicious coffee would do."

Sehun gave him the menacing glare, he knew so well. 

"No, she ran away. On your wedding day, the worst day of your life." He wanted to end the story there but the two guys seemed to want more. "You actually went to France with those shattered heart of yours. When you return, you got accepted into this company and soon you meet your wife, Areum. You being you believe that unecessary relationship with anyone is to be avoided, you told us that she needs your help and that you have fallen for her. I believe you're the happiest by her side."

"Was I a bad person?"

Baekhyun smirked, leaning on the sofa. "You're just immature, we are. We party all night long, going home drunk, and you just never think of paying for your own food. After you came back from France, you were fooling around everyday. But, you are not a bad person. You just have some rage to the world, to the girl who left you and turn your world upside down. "

 

"I hate wearing white, I look like a ghost but this is the only colour Kris bought for me" Areum pouted, pinching the fabric.

Sehun chuckled, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Why don't you say that to him?"

She shook her head, crouching down while smelling the flowers. "He said that it's easier for him to check on me. If my blood were to stain the fabric, he can spot it right away. I'm just a time bomb that can explode any moment, I know he's afraid... Kris' biggest fear is to be left alone in this world."

"And I guess that is becoming my fear too" theystare deep into each other's eyes. Sehun cupped her face, his mind was going all dizzy with the thoughts of kissing her and he did just that. 

Sehun smiled in his sleep when he heard his alarmed ringing to wake him up. He decided to take a nap but he kept on pressing the snooze button that the sky is no longer gray but black. The dream he had felt so real and not at the same time. He felt her presence and the warmth surrounding him, making him wonder if that dream was someof the missing pieces in his memory box.

The sky was so dark when Sehun finally returned from work, he was busy discussing about his project with Lu Han. He even forgot to have dinner , after the conversation with Baekhyun he wanted to know more about himself. If he couldn't remember the 18 years old him or even when he was in high school. His memories must have ended when he was in elementary school or worst, he lose it all.

His steps were heavy when he twisted the doorknob, the lights were still on. He glanced at the clock hanging on the wall 2.15 a.m. 

"Areum? I'm home" he walked to the living room to see no signs of her when he heard a sound coming from the kitchen. 

He walked faster, his heart was beating like crazy. He's afraid. Fear was overtaking him, and he didn't even know why. Nervous, scared but why?

"Areum!!"