Lies

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

“I’ll come pick you up” Kai hung up, looking over to his daughter sitting on his bed, legs dangling back and forth.

“Is mama coming?”

“Yes, she is, now let me braid your hair.”

 

Kris crossed his arms, eyeing his sister from head to toe. She told him about Nara’s wish to spend the whole day together at the theme park, after the previous incident Kris has been reluctant to let his sister out.

“Can’t you change the top? I can see your collarbone” he pointed to her black V-neck shirt. “Let your hair down, don’t expose your neck.”

“Gosh, Kris! You sounded like a creepy brother, don’t worry too much can you. It’s just Kai.” She put on her face cream, lightly dabbing on the smooth skin.

Kris shook his head, walking towards Areum. “I trust you, but not him” he took of her hairband, combing her dark long hair.

He couldn’t help but to get anxious. With the history of theirs, anything is possible. They were wild teenagers back then and no difference now. Both of them are still young, Kai still have those loving eyes on hers , Areum being oblivious never notice it. Sehun is far out of reach and Areum’s lonely heart desperately needs company.

Kris has been busy studying to spend more time with her, Amber is busy working at the radio station as music engineer. Their mother was never at home. Areum is home alone during the day with their maids. She’s starting to stare a lot and it scares Kris because that was how she first started getting her sickness.

“Remember, home before 11p.m. or I’ll hunt you down.”

“Oh how I love you, you’re the best brother ever!” she went to hug him tight, peppering his cheek with kisses. Kris pushed her forehead away. “Stop it, now go get ready.”

Just then, they heard the door bell rang. Areum hurriedly, wear her jacket putting on her lipstick.

“I’ll go say hi” Kris practically dragged his legs downstairs. Nara was all cute in her white dress matched with her father when Kris realized that Areum had white shirt on too.

“Matching colors, white I see”

“Nara told mama to wear white too” she has her hair braided nicely, no matter how many times he looked at her. He couldn’t be more amazed by how much the girl resembled her father, just those eyes are Areum’s.

“Be back on time”

“We will hyung” Kai bowed to the man, he felt sweats tickling his neck.

“Baby girl!!”

“Mama!!” Nara let go of her father’s hand, running towards her mother. Areum enveloped her into a hug, kissing his daughter’s cheek.

Kai has always aware of her beauty but Areum’s outfit of the day reminded him of the first time they went out for a date. She had blue jeans, white shirt, black jacket and a beanie on. Kris nudged Kai’s elbow waking him up from his reverie.

“Yes, hyung?”

Kris gave him the menacing glare, guys are just guys. Can’t help it though, his sister is a real beauty. If it’s not because of her wedding band, she probably get lots of men lining up for her.

Areum squeezed Kris’ arm, winking at him. “Covered my collar bone, got my hair down, happy now?”

“Cover your face too if possible”

She chuckled , carrying her daughter in her arms. Nara is too big for not walking on her feet but Areum wanted to pamper her, Kris couldn’t complain. They were separated for so long.

“I am not joking with you” he pinched her cheek earning a groan from the later.

”Kris! Don’t make me look like a kid in front of my daughter.”

“You are acting like one right now.”

Kris didn’t go unnoticed with the look on Kai’s face, he’s flashbacking their old days. When Kris was like a brother to him, a close one. Now, there is no turning back time, they will never be the same again.

 

At the same time, the Oh’s family mansion received two guests early in the morning. The maids were all excited to see their young master has come back home with a certain feminine looking guy with porcelain skin. The smaller guy was the first to greet them.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I am Lu Han, Sehun’s personal assistant from China. I guess my Korean was pretty bad.” He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck when Sehun’s eyes widened at the figure he missed the most.

“Omma!!” He literally ran inside his own home, hugging his mother tight.

“Sehun. Is it really you? How I miss you my boy” 

“I miss you more omma” He stood in front of her, admiring his mother’s features. From how much he remembered, his mother looked much older. He couldn’t figure out, what time frame is he’s stuck at, and he’s ready to discover it all.

Mrs. Oh, couldn’t stop touching her son’s face, it has been almost 8 months since he left and 4 months without calls. Sehun couldn’t just break the news that he almost died in a fire and now back to his hometown with a broken brain.

“Omma, this is my secretary or personal assistant, he loves to be called that.  Lu Han, he’s 4 years older than me.”

“What a pretty boy we have here” she gave him a hug, the man didn’t resist even when he hated to be called pretty the most.

They were at the dining table, waiting for meals to be served. Sehun was acting strange, he kept on looking around the house as if everything is so foreign to him.

“Does 8 months makes everything look so different to you?”

He smiled bitterly while Luhan’s palms were sweating due to the nervousness.

“Kind of, I just miss home so much, that’s all”

Liar.

Lu Han was getting confused by Sehun’a act. Is he going to tell the truth or not? But he understands how Sehun didn’t want to make his mother worried, she’s all excited about her son’s arrival.

“Have you seen Areum yet? She misses you so much, poor lady. You should have gone to your wife first and come here with her.” She sipped the hot tea, eyeing her son.

Sehun wet his dried lips. “I-I hmm, trying to surprise her.” He looked over to Lu Han who seemed clearly unhappy with his continuous lies.

“You better hurry, don’t make a woman wait too long. Enough with you leaving her all alone, the last time I visited her, she’s looking so sad and quiet. Now, make up the lost time will you?”

“Sure mom”

They left the house without breaking the news, heading to his in-laws. Lu Han asked for the address saying that Sehun has been confused about the road. Luckily the GPS helped them to arrive safely at the smaller house with a big yard.

 

“How are you going to face your wife, your in-laws? When you can’t even remember any of them? Sehun this is crazy! What if you call someone else your mother in-law? Won’t that be a huge mistake?”

Lu Han can be a bit overly panicked at times, Sehun sighed fidgeting with his wedding band. He decided to put it on as a symbol of respect towards his marriage. It’s his decision anyway, his mother seemed to be loving his wife so much.

Just how lovely is this woman?

He tapped his legs a few times, closing his eyes, clenching his fist.

Be brave, you decided to hold on so, man up!

Lu Han rolled his eyes at Sehun’s different look. His boss used to be a charismatic man with a poker face but now he’s acting like a nervous boy who’s about to confess to his first love.

“Do you want to ring the bell or you want me to?”

“I’ll do it, it’s my in-laws”

“Sehun?” he heard it, his name. A woman’s voice. “Sehun? Honey?”

He gulped, taking a deep breath before turning around. There she is, the woman who’s all over his cellphone. His wife.

Areum didn’t waste any time, she ran towards him, wrapping her arms around his waist, face buried in his chest.

“Oh my god, it is you. I miss you so much, I miss you.”

He felt his shirt getting wet, she’s crying. He could hear her soft sobs, her hold around him got tighter. Not knowing what to do he sent a signal to his secretary.

‘Comfort her’ Lu Han literally lip synced to him. He even showed gestures of rubbing her back, calming her down.

Sehun brought his arm up to her back, his move was slow and careful.

Awkward to be exact.

“I-I miss you too” he couldn’t even remember her so how can he miss her? But if this lie can make her happy, why not? He needed time but rather than himself, they need it more.

Luckily, no one was home. He learned that his wife just got back from an outing with a certain man named Kai and a girl, Nara. She didn’t push further on the subject which saves him more from confusion. She talked a lot and he could see the love in her eyes for him, she’s beautiful he couldn’t deny that.

“Kris is busy with school and Amber has been working extra hours. Mama and Uncle are out for a business meeting in France so I’m all alone. “

Lu Han gave the two some privacy when he asked to go to the bathroom. Sehun gave him the ‘save me’ signal only to be ignored by the older.

“What about you, do you have anything interesting there?”

“Hmm” he tried to dig up all those things about China that he learned from history class. “I… went to the forbidden city, the big wall and I eat lots and lots of black bean noodles.”

She giggled, pushing her hair to one side. Her palm on top of his, truthfully, she’s a stranger to him but he couldn’t just suddenly pull away and stay away from her. That will be fishy.

“That doesn’t sound right, I bet you were just busy working there. You didn’t even answer my calls, and I am upset about that.”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to be a bad guy. I was busy, right.” He kept on drinking the juice she served him, her eyes never leaving him so he’s being extra careful with his act.

“Was it tough for you, I mean living all by yourself in a foreign country?”

“It is, it was.. I was scared when I woke up to people talking to me in English”

“You’re funny” she chuckled.

He awkwardly smiled at her, it was the truth and he’s sincerely giving her his answer and she find it funny? That is the only truth he told her.

“Hey, let’s go back to our home. It has been so long since I got there.”

“Our home?”

He’s married, he has his own house? What more? As far as he remembered, marriage to him was a no no. His own house, living lazily, dirtyly by himself without maids, he must be insane. Oh Sehun never lift a finger to do any housework, don’t even mention how much he hated being away from his mother.

“I don’t want to stay at my parents when you’re home. I want to go where we belong, our own place. I miss the bed” she pouted and he found her being immature. He loves y, ambitious, charismatic woman not an innocent one.

“Okay but you show the way, I’m all confuse with the roads”

“I’ll go get my stuff” she jumped off her seat, giving him a peck on his cheek before running up the stairs.

Lu Han smirked at his boss. “You’re so trapped. What are you going to do now? She’s a total stranger to you, how can you even share the same bed? Unless you used to sleep around, which I believe,you’re not.”

“I am so dead.” Sehun buried his face in his palms, sighing. “What if…if she asked me to you know.. we’re married.”

“Hold on there, I am not going to be involved in your married life too. I’ll drop you off and go to a hotel.”

Sehun bit his finger out of nervousness, should he tell her? She’s all smiles and not to mention overly excited about his sudden arrival.

“Hyung, can’t you sleep at my house? Only you know the truth right now. I am going to be all confused and panicked alone hyung. Help me.” He literally begged at the older but Lu Han refused, wanting his boss to feel the guilt of not being honest in the first place.

 

“See you tomorrow Sehun-ah! Areum-ssi!” Lu Han waved his hand, driving the car he borrowed from his friend Jongdae who picked them up at the airport. Sehun was certainly unhappy with the older abandoning him.

Areum insert the passcode, leading the way. Sehun being a gentleman carried her luggage in , his eyes widened in surprise to see how big the house is, ‘his’ house. It’s white, brown, grey and black inside. He loves those colors , he must be so happy designing his own home.

“I didn’t change anything, I know you’re sensitive with it.” She lied down on the leather sofa, making space before tapping on it. “You might want to lie down, you must be tired.”

He scratched the back of his neck, wetting his never-ending dried lips. “I need a shower.”

She looked a bit disappointed but manage to put on a smile . “I’ll go get the bath ready.”

“No, it’s ok. I just need a quick one.” He gently pushed her back on the sofa before she could make her way up.

He took the luggage with him, climbing up the stairs. His wife who he figured name is Areum, was busy watching tv. He opened the first door he saw to find it locked, the second one has a single bed , finally the third one has a king-sized bed with their wedding picture on the wall.

He was smiling with her in his arms, their nose touched, his eyes wrinkled with the loving smile he had. “I must be so in love.” He ran his fingers on the frame, to his own face. “What kind of a person I was?”

Clothes, he has a few with him which he packed from China. He found a walk in closet to see his on one side and hers on the opposite. He has a display of expensive watches, neckties and not to mention suits. “I have all these? I must be so successful.”

Just then, his eyes caught his face on a magazine cover, not just a normal one but a famous designs magazine all designers dream of featuring in.

‘Sehun Oh, design beyond logic’

He was sitting on a huge leather chair, crossing his legs with spectacles on. He laughed out loud. “Just how lame do I look?”

He pull some shelves before finding a pair of sweatpants and white shirt, he has tons of them. White, since when does he loves the color so much? The bathroom was no joke, his shampoo, his aftershave, the shower cream all have this sweet scents when he always like the masculine strong one. He couldn’t even believe that it is all his.

After a quick shower he was greeted with his wife, lying on the bed with a huge t-shirt on and short pants. Her slender long legs were catching his eyes, she’s hugging a pillow looking all sleepy. He mentally slapped himself for acting like a ert. But she’s his, he has the rights to look at her in every way possible.

“I’ll switch off the lights , let’s go to sleep.” He hurriedly turned off the lamps before awkwardly stood at the dresser taking his own time to comb his hair. He could see her reflection from the mirror. She’s waiting for him, obviously.

“Come lie down, I want to hug you.”

Hug. Just hug, please. He slowly sat at the right side of the bed, bending his body backwards. Areum scooted closer, wrapping her arms and legs around him. To make things worse, she buried her face in the crook of his neck. He could feel her hot breath tickling his skin. He couldn’t move an inch, he’s nervous, afraid even.

“Why are you so stiff?” she asked, looking up to see his face.

Sehun bit his lower lip. “I-I’m just tired.I hope you understand.”

“Let’s sleep then. Goodnight honey.”

“Goodnight”

Areum ignored the fact that Sehun forgot her goodnight kiss but she’s happy that he’s next to her. She brushed it off thinking that he’s too tired to even move.

Sehun couldn’t sleep at all that night. The price he has to pay.

______________________

Special thanks to mademoisellekris- for getting out of the shell & loving this ff. I am glad you love it

muzna88exo-he's back and it's going to be quite tough

babywolf93- a strong Sehun supporter there ^^

sweetdreamz- he's healthy now , no worries

hyunnie94- ofc I remember, you're my top commentor ^-^ 

thanks for subs & comments people *waving hands