Conflict

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

"Mama, can't I skip school tomorrow and live with you for another day?"

Areum shook her head while doing the buttons on Nara's jacket. Sehun was busy cleaning after their breakfast, he wants the mother and daughter to have some time alone before they have to be separated from each other. 

"Can we go now?" she made her way to the kitchen admiring the man with his sleeves rolled up, washing the dishes. "You really look good in everything do you? Add your smile to it". She winked running away when he ran after her.

Nara kept her eyes on the wedded couple. She felt bad for her father. Kai may be smiling in front of her and now that she's gone on the weekend, is her papa even have a reason to laugh? or he will be having arguments with his mother all day?

"Are you saying that I'm not smiling enough?" he had her pinned on the couch, looking down to her. "I thought I look the best with my poker face, you love it, admit it".

"No, you scare me. Hello Sydney" she mimicked the eerie voice making him burst out laughter what they totally forgot at the moment was the girl standing in front of them with her arms crossed.

"Mama, Uncle, can we go now?"

Awkward,

described the situation the most.

Nara walked away to get her shoes in the cabinet, Sehun cleared his throat, getting off from her. Areum pecked his cheek and followed her daughter to the porch. She's trapped between paying full attention to her daughter and the man she loves who she keeps on hurting. 

"Papa must be lonely without me" she blurted out while putting on her seatbelt. 

Sehun tightened his grip on the steering wheel, Areum reached out to hold his other hand but he pull away. Nara had her eyes on them, feeling bad for her father everytime her mother and the man being sweet to each other. 

 

After sending Nara to Kai, Sehun was called to meet his senior designer in a restaurant. He had no choice but to cancel all of his plans with Areum and dropped her at her parents' instead. It's still too early to say that she's going to be well on her own.

When he got there, Chanyeol his secretary and Baekhyun the company's marketing director were on their seats. They gave him the brightest smile ever that he got afraid of their sinister act. They were all in their suits while Sehun in his black turtle neck and brown trench coat.

"Please have a seat Director Oh" 

"Thank you" he politely accept the alcohol offered. "I'm sorry but I can't drink".

"Health concious, good." 

Sehun quit drinking after he went to the doctor with Areum, He was told to be aware all the time to her behavior and act, to make sure that she's safe and has no funny thoughts. He's afraid when he got drunk, she might cut herself, or hurt herself in any ways possible. Sleeping without her in his embrace scares him the most, what if the next orning when he woke up, her body has gone cold?

He's paranoid and he's trying his best to cope with the anxiety.

"Why do you call me here sunbae?"

"You see, we're expanding our bussiness and the president told me to give you this" he handed Sehun a white envelope, looking proud.

Sehun looked around to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol being all excited. Baekhyun was all jumpy, grinning beside the yoda. 

He carefully opened the seal.

He's being promoted to become a CEO in the company's new branch

in China.

"Congratulations, congratulations~" sang the two people who are like brothers to him.  "Isn't that exciting Sehuniee? You get to experience new place, new culture. I'm green with envy, look at my eyes, they are green now" Baekhyun showed his eyes to them getting seal claps from the giant.

"I can't, I'm sorry" his voice clearly showed how sad he is to reject it.

"But you really want this, it's a chance of a lifetime" his senior insist, pushing the envelope back to him. "Come on Sehun, China is not that far away from Korea".

How can he agrees to it? His wife has just met her daughter, they have only spent 3 days with each other when they were separated for 4 years. Areum is the happiest now, she gets to be with her daughter again and her condition is positively improving how can he suddenly ask her to leave everything just to follow him to China to get the title he desires.

"It's complicated" his shoulders slumped and his eyes

"Think it over, maybe you can go for 2 years then decide if you want to stay. I don't want to say this really but, having a person as young as you are with this position, it didn't come everyday. The president saw your hardwork and he wants to give you the position you deserve. Think it over and give me the answer in a week. Don't make a decision you will regret later".

 

The senior designer left after their lunch, Chanyeol and Baekhyun followed Sehun to the car park. 

"I understand that you're worried about Areum but, you can bring her along and probably just start something new, in a new place" suggested Chanyeol leaning against his car, yellow Ferrari Italia.

Baekhyun nodded. "You do remember that you have bills to pay and this is a golden opportunity for you to earn much and get her proper treatment. You think I didn't know that you have to stop her from those  because it is damn expensive? We care about you Sehun, really"

Sehun never realised that his friends knew a lot more than he thought they are. "How did you find out?"

"Letters,bills adressed to your office, Chanyeol checks it first before you dumb dumb. We kept it a secret because we knew that is what you want"

Chanyeol scratched his unitchy head. "I just do my job and came across it".

"Her daughter...we found her and now they need each other. Tell me how can I be selfish enough to take her mother away when they have never seen each other for 4 years. Tell me hyung...tell me is it the right thing for me to do? To take the offer and flew away, doing the exact same thing that Kai did to her?"

They were speechless, they didn't expect that and for Sehun going through so much alone. They felt guilty for not being with him when he clearly needs them the most.

"Now you know how ed up I am" he smirked, walking to his car that got the two people even more surprised.

He gave up his precious baby with a family car.

 

Amber carressed her sister's hair, she's sleeping on the couch hugging a throw pillow in front ot the tv. Kris stayed by her side all the time, sharing stories. They saw the sparkles in her eyes, she's recovering. Sehun did an excellent job.

They baked some cookies , water the plants and watch variety shows together when Areum silently dozed off to a deep slumber.

"She's a lot more like my sister" Kris smiled warmly, covering her with the blanket he got from his bedroom.

"We need to celebrate it, let's go for a family vacation" Amber waited for the other's respond only to get none.

Kris' gazed fixed on his sister, he's a father, a mother to her. She's more like his child rather than sister. 

Ding! Dong!

"I'll go get the door" Amber ran to the front door , to greet Sehun. "Yo! Long time no see"

"Same Amber noona, noona do you like the sneakers we got for your birthday?"

"A lot, my friends got jealous, I'm talking about the goofball Henry" 

"Noona, you might end up marrying him if you keep being with him. You guys suits each other" he winked.

Amber playfully smacked his back. "Quit talking"

"She's asleep, why don't you spend the night here too?" Kris moved to make a space for the younger. 

Sehun shook his head, grabbing a cookie from the coffee table. "Nope, I have to go to work tomorrow and she has a cooking class to attend".

"REALLY?!" The two yelled in unison.

Areum stirred in her sleep, looking uneasy. Beads of sweat covered her forehead, she began groaning in pain. Sehun gently shook her shoulders, trying to wake her up.

Can't the nightmares just go away?

"Ssshh.. wake up now honey. I'm here" he kissed her temple, pulling her into his arms. "Areum-ah open your eyes" he cooed.

Kris and Amber couldn't help but to watch. Everyone can see how Sehun cares for his wife.

Areum grasp his shirt, pulling him closer. Her eyes fluttered open. "I'm afraid".

"It's all over , you can always see Nara now. You shouldn't feel bad for losing her anymore."

She buried her face in his chest, "when did you arrive?"

"5 minutes ago. We'll spend the night here. Let's get you to your room" 

He guided her upstairs with Amber and Kris behind them. 

He knew his way well in Areum's family house. Her mother and step father were in Daegu for a meeting, leaving only the four of them and two maids. 

After tucking her in, Sehun texted his secretary.

-I accept the offer but, Areum is not coming. Just for 2 years-

-------

Comments juseyooo and subs

I enjoy reading your comments so please do

Welcome new readers too