Aftermath

Between heaven and hell: Read my story

As soon as he woke up, Sehun was welcomed with two officers interrogating him about the accident eventhough his parents refused to allow them in the ward. Sehun calmly explains what happened. His expression was stiff, too stiff and it concerns everyone who were there. He is indeed traumatised. The news about Kai's death must have been the reason. 

"We were told that the late Mr. Kim is your wife's baby father."

Sehun was taken aback by the statement, no matter how many times someone mention that. He still can't get used to it.

"Yes"

"Have you two ever gotten into a fight?"

"Yes"

"Fists?"

"Yes"

"May you explain the reason?"

"I'm Mr. Oh Sehun's lawyer" Chanyeol barged into the room with Baekhyun by his side. "I believe my client has the right to remain silent."

Chanyeol eyed the two officers, giving them his professional stiff lawyer face so unlike his goofy self. The two officers realized that they didn't explain to Sehun about his rights and to avoid further commotion they closed their notebook.

"That's right. Mr. Oh we will look further into this case. Thank you for your cooperation." The two officers stood up and leave after thanking Sehun.

Baekhyun rushed to Sehun's side to take a closer look at him. "Dude, your handsome face is tainted." Sehun has cuts on his face due to the shattered glass that fell on his face and pierced his skin. 

"What brings you here?"

Sehun's memory never came back, he can't remember a thing about his bestfriends. Chanyeol and Baekhyun are well informed about his condition. Sehun sees them as the tall guy with big eyes and his side kick, the short diva too beautiful to be a man. 

"Your father contacted me saying how pushy the officers are. I'm still your personal lawyer, I believe I'm not yet fired." Chanyeol explained while trying to keep his cool at how much of a douche bag Sehun is acting like at the moment. 

"Areum?"

"I can call her if you want" offered Baekhyun fishing for his cellphone in Chanyeol's pocket. 

"You two sure have an interesting relationship" Sehun smirked eyeing the two. 

 

Kris ran upstairs as he heard Nara's cries. He has the keys to Areum's house for emergency and this is what he fears. His heart was beating so fast he could have collapsed with all the stress as he climbed up the stairs to find Areum on the floor with Nara by her side. 

"Mama wake up! Mama!"

"Nara go get uncle a glass of water." Nara looked up to see Kris and nodded running to the kitchen.

Kris put Areum's head on his lap and checked her pulse. "Your pulse is weak." He pull up her sleeves to check for any cuts and looked around for any signs of blood. He can never get rid of the past suicide attempts he had to face. He sighed in relief. "Wake up please, Areum open your eyes."

"Uncle, water" Nara handed him the glass and kneeled down next to her mother.

Kris poured the water on his palm before gently rubbing it on Areum's face. "Areum drink some water please baby."

Areum moved her head, slowly opening her eyes. "K-Kris"

"Let's get you to the hospital."

She shook her head, opening her arms to her daughter. Nara hugged her tight, sobbing loudly. She must have been terrified, yesterday she lost her father and today her mother collapsed in front of her eyes. Areum knows she needs to be stronger for the two lives depending on her, but at the same time she needs some space to grief. Maybe she's too selfish, too focus on her own pain while neglecting her own daughter.

"Mama don't leave me alone"

Kris kissed Nara's head , looking away as his eyes started to get watery. "Let's get Mama up."

Nara moved away as Kris carried his sister into her room, laying her down on the bed. Areum's eyes are closed, her body cold. "Nara can you please turn the heater on." He stood up to make a call for Areum's doctor.

After doing what her uncle told her to, Nara climbed up the bed and curled up next to Areum. Her small palm on Areum's tiny bump. "Baby please don't make Mama sick. Nara loves Mama." She placed a soft kiss on Areum's cheek and rested her head on her mother's chest. "Papa... can you ask the guardian angels to look after Mama? Nara wants Mama and baby safe. Nara miss you so much Papa.."

"Please be here as soon as possible. Thank you." He watched Nara closing her eyes tight, praying for her mother's safety. "She's just a child Areum." Part of Kris is mad at her sister, he knows she's struggling with Kai's death and the fact that Sehun is the main suspect in this case but Nara. She deserves to be comforted by her mother, loved and given all the attention. Areum needs to get her act together and Kai isn't going to be holding back his words when they talk again.

 

"She's not answering."

Sehun isn't surprise by that, Kai's funeral was yesterday. She must have been mourning his death and that must have taken its toll on her fragile body. He's still wired up to the heart monitoring machine and he himself is recovering from the impact of the crash. He can't even stand on his feet without losing balance. But Areum.

She needs him.

"I want to go home."

Chanyeol shook his head in disbelieve. "Are you crazy?? If you go home now, it will raise the suspicion that you plan this whole accident and purposely kill Kai. The press will go crazy and the next time you see the news. You will be behind bars."

"I don't care what they think of me. I want to go home to my wife!!!" 

Baekhyun almost got hit by the glass thrown by Sehun. His palm bleeds as he silently watched the blood dripping down on the clean white sheet. 

"If you want to hurt her more, go home. If you want to see her breaks, leave this hospital." Chanyeol took the shaken Baekhyun out from the room. Sehun is stubborn but not this stubborn. His attitude changes is getting more annoying . "You okay Baekhyun?"

"Why is he like that Chanyeol? Do you think.... he might have did it on purpose?"

"I'm his lawyer and his friend Baekhyun. I believe him and you should too."

"But... he tried to hurt me" Baekhyun pouted, tugging Chanyeol's arm. "He's dangerous."

Chanyeol shook his head. "Baekhyun mind your words."

"But Yeollie..."

"Hush now" 

Baekhyun pouted catching up after Chanyeol who's walking too fast. Bless his long legs.

 

Mrs. Kim sat silently on Kai's bed facing the detective who's investigating Kai's death. She took a sip from her glass of wine eventhough it's still too early to drink. Her mind is a mess , she's mourning for the lost of her only son. 

"I want you to find any proof that you can to put that bastard in jail. Both of them are so stupid to chase over that . If Wu Areum didn't give birth to that child, my son would have never stepped a foot in Korea again."

She swirled her glass , inhaling the sweet scent of the red wine. "I want revenge."