starting anew yet living in the past

Lies and Love- Myungjong One-Shot Collection

*Hello! I'm finally able to update again, though not as frequent as possible. I'll be starting my job as a college professor next month, and to those who'll be facing new beginnings like me a big 'fighting!' to you guys.

*This is not one of your requests, and I'll be posting those soon, but since this is the first one I've finished, hope you enjoy this. This has a second part so I hope you'll keep on being patient with me. Thanks for passing by!

 

 

 It is empty. Eerily, empty.

His eyes were asking for some rest, yet he doesn’t allow the lids to close for a few minutes of sleep just to get rid of the tiredness seeping in slowly like dextrose attached to you in a slow drip. Every single things his eyes land on were unfamiliar, in a way that makes his insides go jelly, fear making him more wary of the situation, adrenaline pumping making him more jumpy than ever.

Yes, he had left his home, but ending up in the company of total strangers was never a part of his plan, nor did he expect to be easily swayed to the idea of a safer home, even just a temporary one.

He chose to stay on the second to the last seats within the bus that had gone unnoticed by anyone and he hadn’t noticed by his self despite of the larger than usual build than common public buses. It simply emerged from the shadow casted by one of the taller houses that surround his humble abode, and he could simply brush it off as a crazy product of his imagination if not for the fact that some things weirder than what he witnessed already happened, with his as the pawn which he didn’t enjoy at all.

Before totally drowning his self in those thoughts, his head snapped towards his left side after a nudge on the shoulder, irritated in the idea of someone changing seats and decided on the passenger-free spot beside him. it has been a rough night and he doesn’t need another stranger that could be the one to make him snap again. His patience is not that longer after the event earlier and everything could go downhill for the second time if his emotions wash over again.

“What?”

“Hi! You’re a new face, I’ve been in the school for two years now and I couldn’t remember anyone sporting that same blonde hair and ear piercings. But of course, my hunch could also be wrong. But it’s really unusual to see a fresh student entering after the spring break. How did they catch you?”

He knows that the other guy wearing a stupid grin with what seemed to be a desert fox, if his mind have remembered it correctly, sitting lazily on his lap, would not leave him alone any sooner. After looking straight into the other set of light brown irises and checking for any signs of mischievousness or hidden intentions, he decided to look straight ahead though it’s just the back of the seat in front of him and fill in the man’s childlike curiosity.

“I’m not a criminal to be caught. But I do admit I have killed a few, unintentionally though. They didn’t run after me just to make me join this. I just decided to agree to the deal they presented to me. So I could say you have guessed correctly.”

“Woah, so you’re almost the same case with us. You know, being special but totally horrible to the eyes of the society.”

--

“Why are you pushing this chance away? You’ve got the potential, but you easily get out of control right? That could easily solved by-”

“I’ll keep on doing what I’m doing right now, and that means, life without this crap, without you guys forcing me be whoever you want me to be. I’d rather keep on living on my own, and I don’t care about everything that you could offer me.”

The road’s empty except for birds still watching them from the nearby weeping willow, as if they were much more fascinating than feeling the cold wind beneath black wings. It’s an uncomfortable silence between him and two other men clad in black attires covered in gray parkas, as if trying to blend in with the shadows of the night.

He knows he had committed a crime against someone stronger than him, yet he had won without being aware of what he’s really capable of. He has another self inside him that despite of being thankful for saving his life over and over again, has been the reason of being thrown away by his own family that he’s trying to survive on his own now for almost five years. For someone to ask him to do what he should do, Sungjong would totally disagree and choose to be stubborn and live his own way.

He doesn’t believe in having his own home anymore. In his mind, ever since the day his own parents shouted horrible things against him, he realized it’s better to keep on moving from place to place, without building solid relationship with anybody, without putting his self in a commitment he’ll just be disappointed again.

“You, practically have made big enemies more than you could imagine. The ones that ran after you? They were simply little bugs that would be crushed easily if they don’t follow their higher-ups and made sure the orders are done flawlessly as possible. You have captured without any help, one of the Red Captains, and you didn’t even realize how strong you are. They won’t stop until they catch you as well. You think you can deal with what might happen than facing all these crap?”

“What happened to you is just the beginning of a longer hunt, so if you still care about your life, and those important to you, it’s a better choice to come with us than running without any directions,” the other companion added, as if trying to rub salt to the wound.

“Then try to make me come with you. Chain me all you want, I don’t care. Force me, and you’ll prove yourself to be of no difference to those who are after my head.”

As he walked away towards a bed space he had rent for day, he didn’t saw the frustrated looks on those who tried to convince him in accepting their offer. He didn’t notice shadows following him that would be casted easily due to the streetlights lined along across the street. He didn’t need to look back and make sure that they have left as well, for he’s sure, this will be a string of constant arguments and offers.

--

 “I guess so.”

He didn’t need to look as well to know that the smile of the guy beside him would be able to rip the other’s lips if he try to stretch it further than he could. They’re the same, as well as every single person occupying each seat within the bus. Though, he’s not interested to listen to any of their stories, since he’s not planning of creating any friendship towards anyone, and the sole reason he was there was to control his skills further, to make sure that once he’s approached again by his enemies he’ll be able to make them drop dead on the spot.

He needs all the learning and training he could get.

“Oh right, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Sungyeol,” the grinning boy said who extended his hand as a form of formal greeting, but he retracted it slowly as he noticed that it won’t be accepted anytime soon. He wonders if the other’s irritated by his goofy attitude, or if he’s just tired and doesn’t want any more of human interaction by the way he scrunched his eyebrows while looking at his hand.

“Um, I’m sorry, I tend to look like a person with an annoying character during first impressions.”

“Sungjong.”

Now it’s him who scrunches his nose in confusion, though after realization had dawned on him, he scratched the back of his neck slowly, trying not to show his ashamed self.

“Right, your name, because I asked for your name, gosh I’m sorry I’m rambling again.”

“Well, Sungyeol, do you mind if you transfer seat? I really need to take a short nap.”

“Of course! I’ll move now. Have a good sleep!”

Sighing as soon as the other left, he returned his attention towards the dim surroundings outside the glass window and drifted off to dreamland.

--

It was all a bloody mess, and returning to his sane self, his eyes caught a glimpse of bodies lying limply across him, both physique covered in gashes too deep and burnt marks scattered along their arms and necks even their faces that deemed unrecognizable now.

Their house was a mess, with red spots splattered all along the cream walls and broken glasses shattered haphazardly strewn along the tiled floor. They were other lifeless bodies surrounding him, yet he doesn’t give them any attention. They asked for their own deaths anyway, sending him a letter of threat, that they’ll harm his only family that he adores so much, that he would pay for their comrade’s capture.

He approached the two bodies in tangled limbs, tears slowly b his eyes but he doesn’t whimper a bit. Biting his lips to avoid creating any sound, he kneeled in front of his parents, or what was left of his parents used to be, and sent a message to the police before leaving to make sure they would be found as soon as possible.

Making sure of the absence of another soul near his old home, he walked along the streets, holding his father’s black jacket closer to fight the cold and to his own blood-strewn clothes.

Soon, he knows he would be caught up in a never-ending cycle of taking revenge, yet he’s more than willing to participate in their dirty game if it means giving justice to his parents’ death.

--

Minutes before they arrived at the special academy for their kind, Sungjong had already woke up and stretched a little, preparing his self to whatever awaits him. He caught sight of the familiar mop of chestnut brown hair that tried to induce him into a conversation that didn’t last that long. Silently, he curses him for being so tall that he couldn’t see what’s in front of him, thus made him to look again outside the window, his gaze lingering on the brick walls with a black iron gate attached to it.

As the bus slowed down to wait for the gates to open fully, Sungyeol, if he remembers it correctly, looked back at him and excitedly reached out to shake his shoulder, making him earn a glare from the younger.

“Sorry, just got carried away. If you want to, I could give you a tour around the school!”

“Stop annoying the newbie Yeol-ah.”

Hearing an unfamiliar voice, he threw a questioning look towards its source who didn’t mind to throw a single glance his way and still sitting comfortable beside Sungyeol, only his black locks visible.

“I’m not annoying him Myung, I’m just trying to make him comfortable as early as possible, and I’m giving him a nice offer, you know.”

“Behave yourself. Don’t make me share to him what happened to the poor transferee whom you toured around the campus because of you and your idiot self.”

“Yah! Don’t scare Sungjong here! You’re ruining my image already and we’re just in the bus now. You’re so bad Myungsoo. I hate you!”

“As if I care. Hey, you at the back.”

Seeing the other’s eyes, pure gray irises without any black pupil in the middle, Sungjong scooted closer in wonder, but the other just shook it off as if this kind of reaction wasn’t new to him already.

“Yeah, I know. My eyes are… a little off. Since you’re new here, make sure that you won’t be guided along the halls by this giraffe. Or you would regret it for the rest of your stay at the academy.”

“What he did was that awful?”

“I’m sorry to say but, he’s a walking disaster. And he’s got more record of offense than any other student who came here. And don’t drink anything he offers you. He tends to prank others out of habit.”

Sungjong almost laughed  at the comment, almost.

He doesn’t want to let the growing warmth him consume him more. Any friendship would do him no good. It’s better to stay at the sidelines and just focus on his goal.

Slowly returning to his slacked posture, away from the two faces still looking his way, he only nodded as a reply and looked outside the window again.

“See what you did Myung! Now he’s really wary with me around him!”

“What the heck dude?! Stop hitting me!”

Returning his glance towards the two figures, he covered his face with his red scarf to hide the smile slowly creeping on his face.

He guesses it would be quite fun messing with them for a short while. It wouldn’t cause him harm if it’s only temporary, he hopes.

 

*It has been a tiring month, and there would be more trials I'll be facing along the way, so to those experiencing the same, hang on, you can make it through it all sane and well. I'll lend you some energy, well, have you received it? Sorry, this author is rambling again. =)

*Keep on loving myungjong and infinite!

#myungjong.'til.infinity