love means accepting pain

Lies and Love- Myungjong One-Shot Collection

*Hi again! Here's another shortfic to appease our hunger for myungjong, and since I miss to see more moments from them, here's the result.

*Lovelots dear readers!

 

There was this tale of a man who doesn’t know how to love and entrust his heart, and that every time someone confesses his or her admiration for him, he doesn’t answer back and just simply leave, as if he hasn’t heard anything, and he won’t speak out of pity either.

There was nothing such as real love, for there would always be lies in the process. There was no such thing as forever, only a lifetime that no matter how long it last, would still end.

And until the day that he died, only one person attended his funeral, and watched as he was given the last rites. It was the same person who visited his grave every year, who have kept his memories alive in her mind, who have been rejected like all those who was snubbed, yet remained honest and loyal to her love, that if only this man was still alive, he would realize that real love do exist.

However that was years ago already, and that story remained as a legend on the school where they once attended. It was still alive, and it became an inspiration for those hopeless romantics and couples who go to the same school.

Though to this one young lad, it was a tale made to make the income of vendors, especially during valentines, for them to earn much more than they expect they could. It was all about the business after all, and he feels sympathy for those victims of a fairytale that he believes did not exist at all.

“Hey Jongie, you’re daydreaming again. Has your soul took another travel in midair?”

The sudden contact made the younger of the two flinch, almost dropping his cup of coffee in the process.

It has been a busy day, with all the preparations for the upcoming school festival, and being part of the club for artists who are in-charge of putting up a gallery that will be revealed during the beginning of the weeklong celebration, he couldn’t help but feel the pressure and exhaustion knowing that he’s the vice-president of the group.

“Myungsoo!? How many times have I told you that you shouldn’t bother me when I’m thinking?”

“Well, if I haven’t taped you, that coffee would already be as cold as ice. You’ve been just sitting there, in front of the blank canvas, and if I didn’t saw your eyes open, I’d be thinking you’ve fell asleep already.”

Sighing loudly, he placed the cup in the nearby table where all his tools for painting were cluttered after sipping another mouthful and took hold of his brush dipped in black paint.

A few , but before he could fill the whole canvas with the black shade, he stopped and sighed once again, fumbling with his own hair and almost fell from his stool if it wasn’t for Myungsoo who held him firmly by the shoulders.

“You don’t seem to be yourself today Jongie, mind telling me the reason?”

--

The night breeze caressing his cheeks made his mind a little more awake, and he just realized after leaving their studio that it was already late, and if wasn’t for their professor allowing them to make the club room their sleeping quarters for the night to beat the deadline, they would have been gone to the warmth of their own homes hours ago.

Myungsoo, his long-time bestfriend, was the president yet this guy was much more cool-headed than the other, and knowing that they were not even halfway done, Sungjong felt like punching him even just for once, after hearing him allow the other artists leave as soon as they finished at least one painting. Of course with that kind of words, he expected that they will be the only ones left to do the rushed task at hand.

“I know you’re still mad at me, but it’s better this way right? If we pulled them all to stay the night, we might even work at a slower pace since there’ll be more time for play with those guys.”

“Whatever, you just probably want to torture me for leaving you in Victoria’s care, right? Well sir, if I didn’t do that, she’ll still be running after you believing that you’re such a cool guy when in fact you’re totally not.”

“Excuse me, but I still got more fan girls than you so I believe I’m still more cool enough  than you.”

“Woah, such confidence huh. If you’re that cool then, treat this loser another cup of coffee and some snacks as a compensation for yourharsh words.”

With this he hastened his pace and Myungsoo kept on laughing while following him. it has always been this way.

Doing random debates and killing each other’s confidence yet still consider their selves the best of friends. And their history started when they were just in kindergarten, when they were still curious of the ways of the world, and after all those years of knowing each other’s story and life secrets, they have never left each other even if both were feeling down.

Without the need to express, they know for sure that trust and loyalty exist.

“Sungjong, wait for me!”

“Common, catch up you slowpoke!”

--

“Love happens, attraction started it, lust puts a spark into it, but it would never stay as the same form of love it began as. One day, you’ll realize it yourself. I was never your best choice, it’s you thinking that I’m the best option, when you know you could have chosen someone much, much better than me.”

“I’m not asking you to feel the same way, I just wanted you to know how much I admire you.”

“I’m dying. Soon, you would not be that confident in saying that words when you see me in pain and suffering ‘cause that’s what others would-”

“Just stop. Don’t expect me to stop now. And don’t worry, I’m not asking you to be in a commitment with me, all I need is for you to let me stay and not push me away just like this.

And he thinks, she’s saying this now, but one day, she would never be able to say it the same way. For love might be strong in the beginning, but it is fleeting. It never stay the same.

--

His hearbeat was still racing as soon as he opened his eyes, and as he saw the sleeping figure of Myungsoo, he took a look at his phone to confirm that it was too late to continue his work yet too early to wake up.

But he knows it will be too long before drowsiness visits him again.

Slowly walking on tiptoes, he’s planning on walking along the school grounds until he feel sleepy again, but even before he could turn the knob, he was pulled into a hug and was led to his bestfriend’s sleeping spot.

“Myungsoo, oh common, let me go already.”

No answer, but he felt the other snuggled closer, making him feel more irritated but he didn’t complain anymore.

It has always been this way since they were kids, sleeping together and him ending up as Myungsoo’s personal living tedy bear.

“Sungjong, you still awake?”

“Obviously, and since you did not let me took my time alone, shut up already so I could sleep in peace.”

“What did you dream about this time?”

“You really know me, don’t you?’

“I don’t mind if you can’t tell me about it again. Sleep well, okay?”

 “Myungsoo?”

“Hmm?”

“Have you ever… fell in love?”

Hearing the words he never expected to come from Sungjong’s lips, he suddenly sat up straight and pulled the doll llike boy along with him. This guy never believed in real love, never got interested in stories revolving around romance, and find sweet antics as cliché acts. It was imposibble for him to be interested about the topic but he’s the one who started the conversation about it.

“What’s wrong, seriously. Sungjong, what’s bothering you?”

“My grandmother… she’s the one on that well-known romantic tale from this school. And me, I think it’s them that I keep on dreaming about. But Soo, I know the real tale, and it’s far from what you heard, what they believed.”

Scooting closer to hear better, Myungsoo softly held his bestfriend’s hands and cradled it within his own cold ones, and he thinks, that there’s something more to this revelation. No matter what, he’ll be petient to listen until the end.

“I know how harsh love is. How could it deceive you flawlessly, making you believe in false hopes and-”

“Sungjong… what really is this about? You’re making me worried, please answer me directly this time. No more lies, no more hiding.”

Silence. The dimly lighted room felt like suffocating them both, and before he knew it, Sungjong’s tears started to fall, slowly streaking his pale cheeks. Why didn’t he ask about him earlier than this? Why did he allow him to feel broken and left?

“My grandmother…. She’s… she’s dying. Myungsoo, she’s all that I have now, I have nowhere to go once I lose her. I don’t know what to do anymroe. I couldn never let her go.”

He don’t know what to say, and he ended up hugging him tighter than the usual friendly one. If Sungjong totally breaks, he will never be able to fogive himself for letting him be.

“I don’t know… and she has lost too much already, why couldn’t she spend this lifetime in peace?”

“If one day… you really end up without her… don’t forget about me waiting for you to accept my hands reaching out to you.”

--

“Hmm, it didn’t change that much I see. He has always enjoyed staying here, and he even escaped some of our classes just to sleep here.”

Sungjong felt like crying.

It was cancer, and already in the late stage, and no cure could save her, just prayers alone. He’s not waiting for any miracle though, since he knows by heart that his grandmother has waited for this for such a long time already.

“Oh, I see. He waited for me as well after all. I guess, he learned that real love could exist after all. That love could be selfless, patient, and is never lost.”

And as she looked to where the fountain stood, she closed her eyes and smiled, knowing that they’ll be together soon. Seeing that there’s no more of his grandmother, Sungjong kneeled beside the peaceful-looking figure and cried his heart out.

“Sungjong… shall we?”

He hugged him tightly, leading him away, letting  the nurse that accompanied them take care of her.

“Sungjong… just hold on to me starting this day. You’ll always be my strength as well.”

 

*I didn't know I have inner fluffiness, but since my love for angst is stronger, expect sudden sad fics from me, but don't worry, no crying.

*Good day and night to all, and even though I don't usually reply to your comments, you do know that I appreciate all of you, right?

#myungjong.love.wins