love unexpected

Lies and Love- Myungjong One-Shot Collection

*Weather’s still unpredictable as usual. It’s sunny then just a few minutes later the sky turned dark as if rain would fall anytime soon. I suddenly felt like listening to my B1A4 playlist. What song should I listen to first?

*This is a short one, 'cause I love reading horror stories so this is the result. But don't worry, I don't even find this scary. Hahaha. Enjoy!

 

The early morning breeze seems heavier than usual, as if telling anyone who pass on its path to back out and just stay within the warmth of their homes. A man, frail looking, pale and bruised kept on walking, not minding the shadows, the hollowness of the road, the unusual lack of sound of crickets or dancing leaves.

He was simply hurt, and he can’t think of anything else but the pain of being rejected by his own family, of being considered invisible from the eyes of his own parents, and the constant bullying of almost everyone from his school.

He was different, always has been, but he decided to hide it to avoid the judging looks from those around him.

And he, Myungsoo, just wanted to be honest, to stop spitting lies to ensure a spot in the society, to have the normal life his family envisioned for him. But it ended up with him being displaced.

But before he could regain his old life and prove his self worthy of the people’s respect, everything turned into chaos within just a day of curdling screams and widespread panic.

After the long walk, he found his self standing infront a stranger’s apartment.

All lights were turned off, the only resonating sound was of his own footsteps nearing the door.

And the sudden gunshot that pierced the night’s stillness.

“Run!”

Before he could react properly, a man wearing a gray hoodie and training pants grabbed his wrist and pulled him before he became someone’s dinner.

Both panting from running, they quickly took refuge within an abandoned electronics shop, now full of broken televisions and others, even though it wasn’t clear they could come to the conclusion that it was a total wreck. Hiding behind the counter, they both could feel their hearts hammering in their chests, in fear and in shock.

The stranger, whom he believe was the owner of the apartment where they ran away from, kept on checking his phone, trying to call someone who doesn’t answer back.

“! Seriously?! Why don’t you answer when I need your help the most!?” the strange guy exclaimed in a hushed manner, his face now red from agitation, beads of sweat falling on his brows. When Myungsoo realized that the person who had just saved his looked younger than him, he blushed out of shame.

And then it him him again. The image of the woman who almost killed them flowed within his mind, clearer than what he wanted. Gray skin with veins bulging making blue and violet marks on her skin, her jaw hanging as if it were unhinged from her skull, blood seeping from and lacerated wounds,

arms and legs positioned in a manner as if her limbs were dislocated and have fractures that didn’t pierced her skin.

A wave of nausea suddenly hit him again, more painful this time, that he can’t help himself but vomit on the bloodstained floor. But it was all gastric juices and no more, and he never felt this hungry than usual.

That’s when he felt soft hands, almost like a girl, comforting his back as he kept on throwing up.

“Hey, what’s wrong? It’s alright now, we’ll be fine.”

He remained quiet, and he felt a handkerchief touching his lips, trying to remove the remnants of his vomit. And he never felt this thankful for being in the company of a kind person.

“Here,” as the pretty boy (that’s how he’s calling the other in his brain after he saw the hood removed, showing the feminine features and natural beauty clearer this time, that are not buried by the dirt and sweat covering his face) pulled a piece of chocolate bar from a pocket of his hoodie.

“Thank you… but what about you?”

“Nah, I’m fine, but thanks for the concern. I’ve pulled more snacks from my roommates stash before I ended up in a running game with her,” he answered in a now lighter tone, showing more snack bars ranging from protein to oatmeal to fruit ones hidden in his unusually large pockets within his hoodie.

“Maybe I’m the one she ran after because she found out some of her comfort food missing, but then I’m guessing she’s more interested with my flesh now than these sweets that I’m hiding.”

He laughed, but it sounded empty, as if trying to reassure his self. And Myungsoo thought that he wants to hear this guy’s genuine laughter one day when all these problems are over. Maybe it would sound melodious. Maybe he’ll want to hear it from the guy’s lips everyday after he knows how it sounded like in his ears.

“I’m Myungsoo.”

“Oh, I’m Sungjong, and I used to be a fine arts student who dreams of opening a gallery in Paris if this apocalypse only didn’t happen. How about you?”

“Huh?”

“What’s your life before you got stuck in this mess with me?”

The way Sungjong’s eyes got wider, brows furrowed together as he waits for an answer simply made Myungsoo more speechless. He’s cuter than any adorable cat from those videos he watches whenever he feel down.

“Hey, Myungsoo right? Do you still feel unwell?”

“Ah, no, no. I’m sorry, I guess I look dumb now huh.”

“Anyone’s got a dumb side, so as far as I know, you’re perfectly normal. Just different like any other man.”

“Thank you.”

“Eey, I didn’t do anything that big to be given thanks by you. So, what’s your story? I bet we got all night long to spend hiding here so it’s better than being silent the whole time right?”

“Umm… okay. I think you’re right. Or I might go insane more than I already am.”

And the petite guy laughed, sounding more genuine than the previous one., making Myungsoo feel breathless, but he knows he needs to speak before he make himself look more idiot in front of such a precious person.

He knows that they could die in the hands of those zombie like creatures anytime, that they’re never totally safe wherever they go, but as long as Sungjong’s with him, he could manage to live in the rapidly transforming world.

And he’ll start trying to be closer to him by being honest about his life.

“I’m gay,” he whispered in a whispering manner.

Silence.

And he felt his shoulder slumped. He hasn’t even started but it feels like he’ll be rejected already. Such a good time for being heartbroken.

“Oh. How funny, we swing the same way.”

First step accomplished.

But the celebration within his mind died down quickly as it started when they heard the loud thumping at the building’s entrance. And as they looked at each other’s face, both showing fear and worry, they knew what lies out there and they’re thinking the same thing.

They need to survive.

Myungsoo held out his hand, waiting for Sungjong to hold it.

“Let me save you this time.”

“No,” as he hold on tight to the hand in front of him.

“Let’s face this together.”

 

*I suddenly feel like creating a oneshot collection for my other ships, but I can’t decide which one…or should I just make a mixed one?  Of course I won’t stop with this myungjong collection, I just love this pairing.

*Happy Halloween!

#Myungjong.for.life