falling for the person, not the face (1/2)

Lies and Love- Myungjong One-Shot Collection

*2nd update for today, this one got a second part. I know, I haven't posted any sequel of the first ones that I've stated here, but I hope you'll understand and be patient with a writer like me.

*Lovelots and free hugs to you dear readers and fellow inspirits!

 

His face and physique was the splitting image of his cousin, it gave him goosebumps. What gave the boy’s gender away was his flat chest that’s obvious through his shirt, and his ragged manners, chewing his food like a hungry pig in a hurry, rice spilling on the table.

His cousin was totally a demure and well-mannered lady, always neat, and made sure to keep a good conversation over mealtime. The person in front of him might be the same with her physically, but they are totally two different persons, and that’s what giving him headache since last night.

“Are you really Sungjin’s twin?”

“Aish, you’ve observed my face as if you’re finding any clues as a detective and you’re doubting now? Of course we look the same, but don’t expect me to behave like her, ‘cause I’m a guy and I did not grew up with a silver spoon in my mouth,” said the doll-eyed boy followed by the sounds of noodle slurping and chewing of roasted meat.

“Can’t you try being more refined? You need to face your grandfather tomorrow and you’re still being like an uncivilized being.”

“Correction, that man is not our real grandfather ‘cause his family just adopted my sister. They took her away from me so I don’t really care about him being ill and about to die anytime soon but because it’s for my sister’s sake, I’ll try to be more patient with that you, your family and you’re infinite sense of arrogance.”

“Do you think you’re the only one suffering here? You don’t know what I went through just to find you and you’re being rude to me as well, mind you.”

“Aaw, it’s my nature to be rude towards those who I believe doesn’t deserve to be treated well. And I got little kindness left in me, I won’t waste it with the likes of you.”

The tension between the two became heavier, but it dissipated quickly as it started when the adoptive parent of Sungjin entered the private dining room adorned with expensive-looking designer clothes and jewelries. Despite her age, she still managed to look elegant as ever.

“Good noon aunt. You’re earlier than expected,” Myungsoo greeted with an eye smile, bowing a little as a show of respect and giving signs for Sungjong to do the same, but the younger one did not seemed to flinch from the presence of one of the richest woman in the country and decided to keep on eating the lunch he doesn’t get to enjoy with the current life he’s living.

This earned him a glare from Myungsoo, but her aunt just waved it off and scooted closer towards Sungjong’s seat and reach out her hand to him, a sign of their departure.

“Sungjong dear, your sister need you right now. Shall we?” and she motioned him to follow her outside the building and without any argument laid he calmly walked after her, action that Myungsoo didn’t expect.

For the first time, he didn’t saw the fierce and savage guy, but in his place was a vulnerable and fragile-looking lad. But Myungsoo being Myungsoo, quickly shook it from his head, he doesn’t want to be warm-hearted towards this boy who’ve been so frank about not planning on treating him with kindness anytime soon.

It’s better this way. He appreciated the boy’s truthfulness though. In the world he’s living in, you can never be sure about forming attachments and a warm smile doesn’t always signify real jpy of seeing you. Most of the times, it’s all for the sake of business and fame.

And it’s not like he haven’t done it at all. Let’s just say that he doesn’t like Sungjong’s company but he doesn’t hate it either. He feels at ease and comfortable with the lad around ‘cause he could ramble about anything and everything, curse more than the numbers present on his phonebook but Sungjong’s treatment wouldn’t waver a bit.

**

After the quiet ride and them reaching his sister’s room in the hospital, they decided to give Sungjong some time alone with her. They both deserve it. They were away from each other for a long time without any form of contact or seeing each other. It has been almost 15 years and being twins having the same looks is not a reason to not be excited with seeing each other at all.

Though it’s only Sungjong who could feel that way right now.

The sigh of Sungjin, unconscious, face bloated and bruised, with various apparatus attached to her petite body was enough to break his cold façade and make him cry. It breaks his heart to see his beloved sister to whom he vowed would never get hurt with him around, although it was not his fault that his sister ended this hurt, he couldn’t shake the feeling of blaming himself for letting them take his sister away, for being weak that time and letting her slip that easily from his hold.

She’s all that he has right now.

They both grew up in an orphanage, without any idea where they came from or who their parents are. All they know was they were left as a pair of crying infant on the building’s front gate during Chuseok, and no stories followed after that.

When he was left alone after the adoption of her sister, he made a promise to his self that once he got into adulthood, he’ll find a suitable job and prove their parents wrong about leaving them, but here he is, doing part time jobs here and there just to earn a living and pay all his bills. With his cramped home and his savings that is far from being rich, there are moments that he envy his sister’s luck in life, but when he thinks about it again, he’s thankful that he’s the only one going through these hard times. He couldn’t bear to see his sister experience it as well.

But seeing Sungjin’s present state, he feels like blaming her life for what happened. He wants to find that guy who didn’t show up in her wedding and leave her emotionally wrecked and beat him to a pulp. He wants to shout at her current parents for letting that guy hurt her and causing her to be caught in an accident.

“I’m such a good-for-nothing brother, right Sungjin? I wasn’t able to hold on to you when we were kids so we’re not able to see each other again after that. And now, I wasn’t there when you needed me the most, I didn’t even look for you after leaving the orphanage. You should wake up already so you could cuss right at my face and blame me for everything.”

As the first tears fell from his doll-like eyes, he felt his knees tremble with so much emotions that he kept on hiding under his hood.

“You could slap me and kick me and hurt me all you want, just please wake up… please Sungjin….”

He didn’t even notice the door being opened and Myungsoo entering to get him for the plans they’ve already agreed upon yesterday. And when he heard him calling his name, he faced him with his face full of weakness and pain, and he doesn’t care at all. He needs to let it all out or he’ll burst right then and there.

“Please, let me stay here with Sungjin a little longer. Just a few more minutes will do. I’m begging you.”

Myungsoo felt Sungjong’s hands around his wrist, noticing it to be small for a guy, but rough unlike him and Sungjin, showing the tough life he might have been through and the entire burden he needed to carry all on his own during all those years being alone.

“Even though I want to, but we need to go Sungjong. We’ve planned ahead of time and we need to go according to schedule. Don’t worry. After the visit at the mansion, I’ll bring you here again so you could spend longer time with her. Right now, we need to go.”

After throwing a last glance to his sister, he calmly followed Myungsoo away from her, still holding at the older guy’s wrist, and crying his heart out.

And Myungsoo didn’t felt this protective and sensitive towards the feeling of others, not even towards her dear cousin who’s now lying on a hospital bed and sleeping silently. It doesn’t feel right, thinking this way towards someone like Sugjong, he thought. He’s never been this soft.

“Alright, we need to go now boys. Next stop would be my sister’s house, your mother Myungsoo. Here,” she said as she gently places a silk handkerchief on the still crying boy’s tremling hands, “…you’ll need that, and cry all you want, the ride will take time.”

**

“It’ll be easier than I thought it’ll be. He’s just as small as his sister, and he’s not that muscular either, long-sleeved tops or stylish coats would do the magic. And no need for extensions, since Sungjin always keep her hair short just like him. we’ll just need to dye it with coal black and trim it, curl it a little and a cute pin would all it takes. No need for too much make up since he’s got fair skin as well. And he doesn’t need to wear high heels since his sister wear flats most of the time.”

“Sungjin said that she feels closer with you if she wears flats, and if she keep her hair short.”

“Since we’ve tried the clothes on him and it’s all fine with his size, let’s just make the magic work tomorrow morning, alright? Myungsoo dear, accompany him to the guest room; I’m sure he needs some rest. I’ll just call the two of you once the dinner is served. Let’s go Krystal.”

“Alright Unnie.”

As soon as Jessica and Krystal were out of sight, Myungsoo act as the guide until they reach the said guest room in their house. Both were silent and it felt awkward unlike their first meeting.

“Well, take a rest here. I’ll just call you later for the dinner.”

“Wait.”

Stopping on his tracks, Myungsoo looked at Sungjong with a questioning look.

“Can you stay for a while? I want to know more about my sister’s life after she left the orphanage. Could you tell me about her?”

“It’s fine with me.”

After settling on the bed, Myungsoo couldn’t help but giggle after seeing Sungjong hugging a large white pillow, legs in Indian position, his head tilted to the right, and eyes wide as if eager for a bedtime story.

But he stopped after the pale boy leaned closer to him, fuming with irritation due to his reaction, not because he was afraid of what the other might do to attack him, but because there it was again. The same rhythm of heartbeat that seems to pierce even his ears when he saw the other’s crying face earlier that day.

He gently pushed Sungjong and laughed again, but obviously sounding unreal this time.

“Do you treat my sister this way? Then I guess I should beat you and-”

“No, you’re the only one I treat this way. You’re just too cute when you’re angry.”

“Whatever, and don’t use that kind of words with me. I’m not even a girl. Go on and tell me her story. Faster!”

He may sound selfish, but he seriously wants more time with Sungjong, even though it means he needs to live with the lie that he is his cousin Sungjin until the real one wakes up.

“Alright, calm down. I’ll tell every little detail of her life. So listen well, okay?”

“Aye aye sir!”

On second thought, he wants Sungjin to wake up already before he die of Sungjong’s cuteness, and before something more than caring form out of this.

 

*I could never blame Myungsoo if he keeps on staring at Sungjong. I mean, who doesn't?

#myungjong.is.infinite.love