* blue gaze

Lies and Love- Myungjong One-Shot Collection

*Last update for today, did I fill your Myungjong needs for this time?

 

It’s raining.

Standing behind the steel bars, he felt safe. He curls into a ball in one corner of his own self-claimed haven. As long as no one’s attention is caught by him, he’ll remain to be as safe as always. He lives alone and he doesn’t want anyone to break the barrier and make him believe about a life that he knows is tto complex and twisted for his own good.

But today seems to be his unlucky day.

“How about that dog-hybrid. Woohyun might look fierce but he’s actually sweet and affectionate, and he won’t mind cooking for you if you want him too.’’

No response.

“Well, see that hamster-hybrid? He’s named Sunggyu, and he’s really cute, isn’t it? He’s one of our smartest creations and great with keeping a flow of conversation, also-”

“How about that black and white ball over there?”

“Oh, that cat-hybrid? He… he’s not a good choice, Sir. Many tried to adopt him but after a day or two, he’s always returned here, with the one who purchased him looking disattisfied and fuming.”

Before the merchant could stop his customer, he had already slipped away and is now watching the cat-hybrid in a closer distance from his cage.

“I’m taking him.”

“But sir…”

“I’ll be paying the same price like anyone else does, so why stop me? That’s the reason you’ve built this facility in the first place, right? For the money.”

Not that he couldn’t retort back, for his tongue is actually itching to do so. He wants to defend his self, his work, their real cause of giving great companions to those who need it, yet he can’t blame the said man if that’s how he sees them. After working in the lab for real, what happens behind the metal doors still haunts him, but he couldn’t afford to be a martyr and express his want to stop all the process, he couldn’t afford to make his own stand.

“You now actually want me out of here, right? So fix the papers already.”

His pace quickened towards the main office, leaving the customer with all the cages around him.

“You know what? You should stop trying to hide yourself, it’s obviously not working.”

The only response he got was the low hiss coming from the cat-hybrid, and seeing the light blue orbs glow with anger, he felt being pulled more towards the skinny boy. It’s like precious sapphires born, blinking right back at him.

Moving closer, he didn’t notice anything else but those deep eyes, and before he could dodge the coming assault, his right cheek was scratched in a forceful manner, making a lot of blood ooze from the wound.

But he just smiled. He could live with a certain beauty and a beast in one body at the same time.

--

“If you’re wondering why you’re the one I adopted, to tell you frankly, Sungjong, you were not my first choice.”

Hearing  this, despite of his bored expression, seeing the ears that perked up, the tanned male was sure it got his interest.

“I actually thought of choosing between that hamster or dog-hybrid, I can only keep one because having one is already costly, but you know what stopped me?”

He placed a glass of milk and a plate of peanut butter cookies nearer Sungjong who’s sitting on the end of the sofa, that part farthest from him, his new owner, then returned to his original spot.

“They look like each other’s half, and I can’t bear to see any of them sad just because I broke them apart.”

“They’ve been like that ever since I’ve been with them. Hey, why are you looking at me with an idiotic wide smile? Do you want me to scratch your left cheek too?”

He jumped from his seat and almost hugged the cat-hybrid but was kicked before he could do so.

“I’m sorry, but this is the first time you’ve spoke and talked to me! I’ll never forget this day,” he answered back with a dreamy expression.

“Oh shut up. I wasn’t mute in the first place, you’re just talkative and I don’t have any reasons of answering you. I’ll never call you master, and don’t push your luck Myungsoo. Giving me this kind of treat is not enough,” pointing to the table full of sweets and other mouth-watering foods.

“I don’t mind waiting. And I won’t push you to warm up to me that fast because I know that’s impossible. but thank you, for noticing my presence.”

With that, it was silence again.

But it felt lighter.

--

After hearing another whimper, he sneaked outside his own bedroom and into the open bathroom, where he saw Sungjong huddled with a large white teddy bear at the corner. It has always been with the cat-hybrid ever since he was inside the facility where he was born, and Myungsoo wasn’t bothered by another baggage, to him it was actually cute. Seeing a fierce Sungjong in one second turning into a cute kitten snuggling with his favorite toy in another was surely a sight to see, but not when he’s in tears like the current situation.

Myungsoo felt his chest tighten after seeing the pale boy’s face clearer when he turned the lights on.

“It’s fine now Sungjong, it’s fine now. I’m right here, you can tell me what’s wrong, whatever that’s bothering you. Are you in pain? Don’t you feel well? Did you have a nightmare?”

“You’re just nice with me because you want me to trust you. But after that, you’ll be like everyone else too. You’ll use me for your own good too.”

His forehead crinkled in confusion, but after remembering the fact that Sungjong was adopted and returned many times, he could understand him having doubts with him as a new owner.

“And then, when I fight and don’t cooperate, you’ll get tired and return me too.”

“It’s been a week, and you’re still here, right? If I don’t like you, I would have returned you days ago, but I’m not like them, I won’t return you, believe me.”

“You won’t do anything funny with me? No, you’re just trying to deceive me! I know that words, and then when I caught the bait, you’ll do that too.”

“What’s that? What do you mean that Sungjong, tell me.”

His tone was now serious.

“That! When they’ve tried to kiss me, or touch me in a lustful way, trying to overpower me! That!”

Myungsoo, hearing the whole story, never felt so angry like anytime else before, that he wanted to punch the cat-hybrids past owner straight in their eyes.

“Why did you tell me that just now?! Sungjong, we should report that kind of case to your facility, so that they could put a squad into action. You and everyone else doesn’t deserve that kind of treatment! They should be more strict when it comes to-”

He was hushed by a sudden hug, a gentle one this time, given by the thin boy.

“Thank you… I do trust you… I’m just… well, I’m just… afraid. And they don’t care what happens to us outside the facility, as long as they’re paid right.”

It was the truth that bothers Myungsoo more. He couldn’t do more but making sure that Sungjong always feel safe around him and other people.

Suddenly, an idea hit him.

“Woohyun, Sungguy, Hoya, who’s the ones remaining that you know?”

“Why’d you ask?”

“I’ll find some ways for them to be adopted by people we can trust.”

He was still in deep thoughts, but a kiss on the scratched cheek pulled him out, and seeing a smiling Sungjong made it harder to think straight.

“Thank you Myungsoo. I won’t leave you too.”

They’ve slept with heavy hearts, knowing the battles they’ll face once they woke up, but they never felt stronger like this. Scooting closer to each other, they slept in each others’ arms with the hope of brighter days ahead of them.

And a happier future for the hybrids without a place they could consider home yet.

 

*I really want to see Sungjong cosplaying as a cat-hybrid, but of course, it's fine if it's only Myungsoo he'll allow to see him in that image.

*Myungjong is, and will always be, love.

 

#sungjong.fan.art.

 

 

Does this look like Sungjong? I'm not sure.....