just a heartbeat away, hundred steps apart- for Royalicer

Lies and Love- Myungjong One-Shot Collection

*Hello dear readers! I'm happy to be back and to post another one shot. Here's a gift for Royalicer, based on the song almost is never enough. Thank you so much for your idea suggestion! Hope this story fill up your myungjong needs for today, and sorry in advance if it feels like it's not enough. =)

*Enjoy!

 

“Oh shoot.”

For the second time he’s bleeding again, literally.

He felt light-headed and thought about why fainting now is a better event than being stuck with the nausea brought by his predicament. Walking haphazardly, bumping with his table full of unfinished manuscripts that he’s been bothered for days already then  knocking a large white bear stuffed toy that he planned on kicking if only he’s not feeling this weak now, he bit his lips to avoid shouting another trail of profanities or he’ll think that he’s seriously losing it.

When he woke up that morning by the weird feeling on his forehead, Sungjong thought it was all because of the assignments and deadlines of the publishing house that’s eating him since he just released a new novel for a month now and he’s on another rounds of what seems to be endless writing again.

As he massaged his temples though to lessen the throbbing pain, his fingers froze on what seems to be warm fluid seeping from his right brow, realization hitting him hard that whatever happened the day before was no joke and is obviously, torturing him at the moment.

But luckily, the bleeding stops after a minute, but that doesn’t mean it’s nothing to be worried about, for Sungjong has reputation to take care of and his face with cuts or him suddenly groaning in public because of this curse is not a good image to uphold.

And now he’s really, really pissed off, for he’s about to attend a book signing for the successful third installation of his medical crime novel and showing up with a busted lip is not nice idea. That’s why he ended up sitting on the toilet bowl with its lid closed, white handkerchief pressed hard on his mouth, bright red slowly taking up the contrasting calm shade.

And not even 24 hours had passed since that fateful encounter.

--

I really am happy to know that someone like you admire me, but, I’m fine with my status right now, and being single has such a nice ring to it than being tied to anyone right now.

You kept on using me and flirting with me and with everyone else that shows you interest then you shove them away that easily when they tell you what they really feel. Isn’t that too much for us?

Of course not. I’m not the one throwing myself to you anyways when they have the chance. And that means, your complaint is not valid. So why I’m still being nice to you, just leave already.

I wish you more pains that every single time you lie, you act, or tires to be happy  you would feel the same pain you have brought to every single one like me. That you would keep on bleeding over and over again but you won’t find the cure.  I hate you so much! You don’t deserve to be happy!

Thank you for being honest, but seriously, I’m not that much of an evil person. So before I tell the guards in this building to get you out of here, you better get your things and start moving already. Thanks!

--

Who would believe things like inflicting a curse on someone nowadays, right? But here is Sungjong, currently facing the dilemma of such an unnatural case that made him feeling so tired already despite of not starting on any work for the day. And how was he supposed to face his editors and co-workers with this predicament?

He was the nice guy who always smile and brings an ounce of sunshine everywhere he goes, but that would cause him more trouble now with this hateful course, and that leaves him the option to just stay grumpy and quiet the whole day and until this problem is solved.

And the admirable author that he is, he started brewing a flawless plan inside his still sleepy brain to make it through the day when his best friend since they were in diapers, and a worker under the same publishing house as well not as a writer but as an illustrator and cover designer, barged in his room without any warning.

Just as another cut made its way on his chin.

“What the… Sungjong, you’re bleeding!”

“You don’t need to state the obvious, idiot.”

“Wait here, okay? I need to get the first-aid first then we’ll wash that-”

“That wouldn’t help a bit. Believe me.”

With confused look on his face, his next words were stopped by Sungjong’s hand closed tight on his wrist, dragging him to sit down while the other hand holds a new clean cloth pressed hard on the cut.

If the younger guy remembers it right, there’s no sense in trying to cover up the situation with the kind of person his best friend is who wouldn’t stop inquiring about this, or he would be pushed to lie repeatedly for a single person that would cause bursting on other parts of his body.

And he’d rather not spend senselessly for tons of tissues just for the sake of filing his ego. He has his prideful side but he agrees to other when they call his the total opposite of a spendthrift. He totally is.

“I believe I’ve been… you know that thing that we only see in movies or read in stories that-”

“Cut the chase already or I would call for a cab to bring you to the nearest hospital, right now.”

“…I’ve been cursed. Like a dark spell was casted on me and right now I’m suffering for being what she called as a total flirt and heartbreaker.”

The look on his friend’s face seems to shout out the weirdness of the situation, which he wished was the reality, yet with all the times he had bled that morning, he feels like he could believe in anything told to him right now. Like Santa really do exists, or tooth fairies actually get those tooth hidden beneath the children’s pillows and it’s not the parents who showers their kids with gifts.

“Have you hit your head too hard this morning or are you still dreaming right now?”

“Seriously! I knew it, you won’t believe me, now I just feel stupid for entrusting you this-”

“You really expect me to believe that?”

Not knowing what to do after such humiliation, the younger thought of a plan that would probably hurt him more yet he knew nothing else to prove his honest self. Laughing hard all of a sudden brought another questioning look on Myungsoo’s face that slowly turned into a horrified one after seeing ruby red slowly taking over his friend’s dress shirt near where the heart lies.

“Sungjong! What the-”

“I told you, I’m telling the truth.”

Groaning in pain, he stood up and though staggering, forced his self to reach the bathroom to clean the fresh wound. But before he could move a few more steps away, Myungsoo hurriedly reached out to him and held his waist tightly in case he lose his consciousness.

“I’m not a kid Myung.”

“Well…you’re still a little brother to me so just shut up.”

Now that one problem is solved, he needs to think of another plan to make him survive throughout the day without looking like a practice board for someone who just started learning target shooting.

--

“I’ll go to the book signing and you won’t be able to stop me.”

“Are you serious? How many times do we need to argue about this, have you seen your face?”

“Make up could cover that easily.”

“What if you start bleeding all of a sudden, huh? How could you cover that up?”

“I’ll wear a thick jacket and I’m bringing extra clothes with me.”

“Sungjong! Why won’t you listen?! This is your safety we’re talking about! Let me find that girl first for that curse to be lifted off you then you can do whatever you want next. Just stay here for a while. And don’t think of calling one of your girls or I’ll be the one who’ll make you bleed!”

“But the editors are expecting me to attend that event and I can’t not show up all of a sudden just because-”

“What’s important right now is that you shouldn’t be hurt more! Let me handle them, I’ll find ways to help you. Just let me, please.”

With that pleading look on his best friend’s face, he ended up nodding and agreeing to whatever plan he had in mind. He hates the feeling of being saved, of being covered up, of being cared for without asking anything in return, yet Myungsoo had always been an exception. He would never admit it, but he loves being spoiled by the older guy.

--

Gentle touches on his cheeks were what woke him up. He was about to voice out his protest when he realized that his mouth was muffled by a hanky tied around his head. His eyes were clasped on each bed posts, while his feet were tied together. He still finds his self too weak to even kick his way out of the creepy situation.

Beside him, leaning towards the crook on his neck and was sniffing him as if he was some kind of perfume was a stranger yet a familiar face at the same time, and he wonders why such a good-looking man kidnap him and end him up in this predicament.

His thoughts were cut off though when he heard the whisper on his right ear, warm breath invading him and giving him shivers down his spine. The voice was quite deep yet still boyish, and up close, that face could be a model for a magazine or even a well-known idol, yet he was there, beside him, free hand slowly undoing the buttons of Sungjong’s top.

“You’re beautiful, you know that? You’re damn beautiful and you’re picture alone wasn’t enough to ease my needs. You’re whole existence is just wonderful, and I could never let loose of this chance to… know you more.”

And with every word that comes out from the quite muscular man, was his hand caressing the now bare skin, fumbling on the belt still intact around the pretty boy’s waist. And though he’s not touching that sensitive part underneath, his fingers were playful enough to near the small space of his pants’ edge.

Slowly, he kneeled, now towering on top of Sungjong and looked at his whole body with lustful eyes, grazing as if he’s already pictured him to be in his mind, and all that the other could do was squirm in his position, starting to whimper out of fear.

And when he felt the wet tongue slowly work its way on making his neck as a treat, he felt like crying, not only because it made him feel more fear, but because it excites him as well. And as far as he knows, he’s straight and he was never aroused by the thought of a man dominating him.

But before he could know what would have happened next, how he would possibly react towards the situation he’s in, he woke up.

And he felt so horrible for having the same dream every night, for hiding this side of him to everyone who knows him, for wanting his own best friend who treated him no more than a brother by heart. And he wonders why he couldn’t overcome this feeling, with every girl he had been with and had tried winning his heart, which he ended up hurting that gave him the playboy image that he doesn’t want to break now.

If that’s the only way to avoid the reality he would never wish to come out.

--

“You want me to just be cooped up here until you find that girl but how long would that be? I have my own life Myung, and I’m not letting this stupid curse take over. She’s probably laughing her off for knowing that I’m suffering right now and not showing myself in public would just feed her ego.”

“Fine, then, can you stay here even just until you finish your current manuscript? You’re more than half by now right? I’ll do all means to find that person until your deadline, so please Sungjong; listen to this request. Please, I don’t know if I could protect you once you’re out of here so please be more patient.”

“Alright! Just do it. Make sure to do that or I’ll leave my own space despite of your protests.”

“I will, I promise.”

Looking back one more time at the tired image of Sungjong hovering his laptop to finish his project as soon as possible, Myungsoo said his goodbye and left with a small frown owning his lips. How he wished so much to take care of Sungjong for much longer, yet he knows how stubborn the kid is as well, that he should accomplish his task as quickly as he can. Or he might totally lose him for real.

--

“How much longer?”

“Well, the real question is how much longer do you want?”

“I hate to see him in pain though, but…. I really am crazy for doing this.”

“Love makes us do unreasonable things at time, I guess, you’re not much of a surprise. I don’t understand why he couldn’t read you well enough though, to know how much you adore him. So, final decision? When will I take the curse back?”

“…. Just until his book’s deadline. I guess… that would be enough to have more of his attention for a while. I think, that would be enough to make him feel loved.”

“Yet you wouldn’t even dare tell him what you really feel until the end. You’re no fun at all. Fine, just call me if ever your mind changes. I have other cards on my sleeves that would help you more.”

Shaking his head, he waved back at her retreating figure before throwing all his attention to his cup of Americano, feeling so guilty for being the reason of putting Sungjong in pain.

If that’s the only way to make him feel his reality that he would always wish to happen.

Though he would never reach the courage to step out of that dream; that wish of his might end up as another silent wish he would never let out of his lips.

--

If only they realize how close the two of them to what their hearts really desire, yet they are the same persons who put the bridge between.

 --

 

*Thanks again Royalicer, is the story to your liking? To everyone else, other requests and sequels are on the way, so I hope you keep on supporting myungjong, and Infinite in general. Keep on sharing your personal quotes or story ideas, anything is welcome.

*Thanks for reading! Enjoy the rest of the week. Lovelots.

#myungjong.lives.on