bus ride home

Lies and Love- Myungjong One-Shot Collection

*Next week would be the start of the second semester so it'll be busy again. I'm not sure when's the next time I'll be able to update again... =(

*But please enjoy my new updates.

 

Everyday, at the same hour, I get on the same bus with that pale boy who doesn’t have any expression on his face. It’s the same tonight, and I find it funny why am I looking forward to seeing this mysterious person after a week of spending almost an hour each time with him.

He sits on the same spot, the one opposite of the bus’ door, looking outside the window, the only item he brings is the same plain black backpack that seems hollow everytime I observe it. He looks ragged as always, but he seem fragile, not the usual street person who you see participating in a gang fight. His hair is dyed again, the third time this week if I remember it correctly. The first time I’ve seen him, it was a flashy pink (which I find cute), the next one was faded blonde (which I think enhances his feminine features), and now it’s grayish violet (which adds to the mysterious aura surrounding him).

Before I know it, I was already imagining him in other shades of his hair. I would love to see him dye his hair black.

I almost got a shock when I notice him glancing at my direction, though not looking directly at my face, but he seems to acknowledge my presence, and I pulled myself into pretend mode, looking at anything other than him. When I saw that he’s not paying any attention to me anymore, I returned my gaze at him.

So much for just a plain observation. I’d be lying to myself if I say that it’s just my curiosity kicking in. it’s more than being interested, and surely, I like to know more about him.

But until now, the god of courage is not there to give me some guts to approach him, so maybe, some other time this week.

**

That day I said I’m going to approach him soon would likely not happen. It’s been three days since I last travelled home with his presence, and I haven’t even saw him in any bus stop I’ve passed. Call me a stalker, but I even spend my whole off from my work yesterday just to see him. I even interviewed other persons on the bus stop about him, but no news of him.

I’ve tried flirting with others before but I’ve never been this serious and persistent. I haven’t experienced being into long serious relationship ‘cause it always end into a failed one after dating for only three days. And to think that I’m being this patient and doing all this hardwork for a guy. I’m screwed, right. But it’s fine to lose my label as a playboy, once I see him again and officially confess in front of him.

**

A week had passed but no sign of him.

It’s tiring yes, and I know everyone around me have noticed how something bothers me these past few days. But I can’t help it. I’m worried about that person so much that it affects my daily life at work and at home.

“Hey Myungsoo, me and the other boys are going out since it’s Friday night and you look so gloomy, you need to come with us. So many ladies are waiting to be graced with our presence.”

“Sorry bro, I think I’ll pass. I’ll be heading straight towards home. I need some time alone.”

“You know what Sungyeol, that guy needs to get laid to keep his mind off what’s making him this boring man that we don’t know.”

“Sungyeol, Woohyun, I know you’re worrying about me and I do appreciate that but you’ll be a bigger help to me if you leave now and let me go home in peace.”

“Alright, but don’t regret not accepting our offer okay?”

“Okay, I’m sure I won’t regret it. Now go and enjoy your night.”

And boy was I right with my decision. I totally not regretted it when once I’m settled at my usual seat; I caught a glimpse of a person that took over half of my brain’s space. But my happiness was short-lived after examining his face closely, noticing the bruises, the busted lower lip, and the cut on his forehead.that looked new and obviously not there the last time I saw him. The healing cuts on his right cheek haven’t passed unnoticed by me, and after realizing that there are others who dared to hurt him, I can’t help myself but man up and approach him, but sadly, fate isn’t cooperating with me well when I fell flat on my face after standing up abruptly and tried to walk towards him marked with the sudden start of the bus as well.

Now I’m sure I’ve lost all my chances. I probably look like an idiot in front of the person I like. The only great thing right now is the fact that we’re the only persons at the bus aware of what happened. The drunk man at the ack who’s now snoring and laughing in his sleep is obviously not counted.

I’m already planning of not standing up and just lying here so he won’t see my probably bruised face and I won’t see his probably laughing face.

“Stand up Mr., the bus is running smoothly now. Wait, are you hurt badly anywhere?”

Oh no, what should I do, I can even hear my freaking’ favorite song while he’s speaking. Right, it’s just my phone ringing. Blame my love sick brain for imagining such cliché ideas. It’s probably one of my close friends, but I don’t have time answering your call right now, I’m sorry.

“Here.”

Holding his hand, sitting beside him, could this night get any better? Unluckily I couldn’t move my house farther to wherever he’s getting down.

“You’re nose is bleeding.”

“Huh?!”

And he’s probably thinking that I’m such a big coward right now, ‘cause I always pale whenever at the mention of blood, and this coming from my own body, adds to the shame I’m undergoing now.

“Here, let me wipe it for you. You look as pale as a sheet of paper.”

If you only know that what you’re doing gives me more shock than the stream of blood coming from my nostrils right now.

“There, you look better now. You should-”

“Are you alright?”

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that?”

“But you obviously look worse than me! No, I don’t mean that you look fine, it’s just that you look beaten up and hurt but I’m not saying that you’re ugly because of that ‘cause you still look good no matter what’s on your face, oh my gosh what am I saying right now. Me and my stupid mouth…”

“Looks like you’re quite a talker. It’s fine. I’ll be fine. But thanks anyways, you’re the first one to ask if I’m okay.”

For the first time, I saw him smile. And we’re actually talking right now. My prayers really paid off, and I’m not letting this chance go into waste.

“If it’s not too much of a question, but what happened? I haven’t seen you for a week and-”

Idiot Myungsoo, now he’ll know you’ve been watching him like a creepy stalker that obviously you are slowly turning into.

“Oh, I thought I was imagining things last time I noticed you looking at me. Guess I was right.”

“Sorry, I know-”

“No, it’s fine. You haven’t done anything to feel sorry towards me. These marks on my face? Just a little fight within the family.”

Remembering the medicine pouch that I always bring with me, I rummaged my bag and took a bad-aid from the pouch buried under my office items, then quickly sticked it on the fresh cut on his forehead. If I did it in a slower pace, I would end up just looking at his face and wouldn’t be a great help at all.

“Thanks.”

I’m sincerely happy that he shows emotions now, but seeing him trying to hide his pains with a single fake smile hurts more than when he hasn’t noticed me at all before.

“Don’t frown, it doesn’t fit you. Wait, isn’t this your stop already?”

“Right! Sir wait! I’ll gonna get down. Sorry, I enjoyed talking with you so… would…. I…. I mean-”

“Yes, I’ll be there again tomorrow and for the next days, so we’ll see more of each other. You need to go now, the driver’s eyes looks murderous already. And thanks for this,” pointing to the yellow with black spots ban-aid on his forehead.

After waving goodbye and making sure the bus is out of my line of sight, I jumped up and down like a preschooler who received his favorite toy. It feels like my heart would jump out of my chest anytime soon.

Wait. He knows my stop. He knows where I get down. He remembered me well!

This is such a nice night, I even forgot my tiredness from work. Tomorrow, I’ll make sure to know more about him, maybe ask him to get a cup of coffee or a scoop of ice cream, hoo, I’m nervous I can’t understand myself anymore.

All I know is I like him. So much. Wait, I forgot to ask about his name. I’m such an idiot. Well, I’ll be trying again tomorrow, so universe, wish me luck.

Myungsoo fighting!

 

*'Cause I feel quite weak these days, I'm jamming to teen top songs and trying to follow their steps to energize a bit. I want to see more of n.a.p., changrick, and chunjoe 'cause I totally love these pairings. Maybe I'll write one shots for them as well in the future.

*But I'll focus on Myungjong for now. Hehe.

#Myungjong.Spread.the.Love