never-ending rewinds

Lies and Love- Myungjong One-Shot Collection

*A short one shot to say goodbye for today.

*And I'm feeling sleepy, but I could fight this so, here's the myungjong version of a nap one. Enjoy!

 

All it took was for him to look at the silent and unmoving shadows within his own room, and his fingers took hold of the little clock’s hands that were open for anyone to control since the glass covering it was long shattered. Slowly, he turned it to the hour his beloved died, and imagined his other half’s warm and captivating smile.

And he succeeded, his eyes squinting from the sudden loss of the light coming from the window as it let the moonbeams pass through it, followed by flashes of colors like dust playing in the wind, and still images started to form around him. A girl on a pink dress holding to a balloon of the same hue; a man pouring coffee for a businessman busy on his phone, the hot liquid floating in mid-air; and others doing their own business without caring about those that are of no use to them.

And after a few seconds of not being able to breathe, he saw the figures move, his eyes following the balloon that slipped from the girl’s hold and the sound of crying and murmurs filled his ears. And looking back to what’s in front of him, he saw the running form of his husband, alive and approaching him with sly grin on his face, forming into a bright and genuine smile that doesn’t compare to any gems discovered.

And he realized he was back to the same café where they last kissed each other, and after he was pulled into a bone-crushing hug they walked hand in hand towards the bank just across the street, and he stopped him first, whispering I love you to the other, making both their cheeks blush and their ears be tinged with a light shade of pink.

But he knows they should continue with their walk, and so they did. Reaching the bank, sitting on the same couch, and seeing his beloved’s smile once again as he waited for him to return from withdrawing from their savings account. They have already planned for this since they became a couple, and now they want to make that dream of following the summer in every country across the globe a reality.

And then it happened again.

Men clad in black suits carrying dangerous weapons with them and surrounding the panicking people started shouting profanities and forced everyone to kneel on the floor and follow everything they say. He remembered this scene, and what would occur next are still vivid in his mind, so before anyone of those men with masks covering their faces touch his husband, he approached him and hugged him tight before looking back to the bank robbers.

‘’Myungsoo, what are you doing?’’

‘’Just trust me Sungjong.’’

His hands were pried off the shivering figure of his husband, but he just held on tighter and before he could react, he felt a bullet pierce his back, his chest collapsing making him fall on his knees.

Before everything faded into pitch black, the only thing he felt was the warm hands of Sungjong and the loud sobs reaching his ears making him cry as well.

==

On the same bed, the night after his husband was buried, he cried his heart out while hugging the pillow that his beloved had always used. And he remembered that special gift given on their wedding day by a stranger who attended without being on the list of guests. It was something out of fantasy novels, the old clock black as midnight and could make them see what they want to experience once again.

The idea seemed crazy, but he’ll try anything.

Taking it from a blue metal box were they kept their special piece of ornaments that they don’t even wear, he did exactly what Myungsoo did, turning the hands once again.

And everything repeated, except that he’s the one who said the last I love you, and he’s the one who received the rushing bullet. And again, he died, like how it was originally bound to happen, but he succeeded in lengthening his partner’s life.

But Myungsoo used the clock to see him again, because of the pain of losing Sungjong.

And everything repeated.

There was no ending, and that one painful moment kept on repeating itself, because none of them could let go and live a life without the other.

Because they believe that they could change it, and avoid losing a piece of their heart.

And they kept on trying to change it, ‘cause losing his other half feels like not being able to live at all.

 

*I'm writing while humming to Lee Hi's fool for love and it's just sad. T_T Have I posted a myungjong version of this before? I'm lost again, wow.

*Anyways, take care dear fellow inspirits!

#myungjong.is.real.to.me