2. That Ungrateful Woman

My Foolish Agent

Yuri’s POV

            *snap *snap “Hello.. Anybody there?” I sighed. Here she is again. Spacing out at her table.  “Oh hey Yul. Sorry. I was thinking about something.” “Seohyun.” I blurted. “Pardon?” “I said Seohyun. You were thinking about her again. Am I right or am I right again?” she just sighed. I can see her expression darken from there. “You know what partner. Lets get a drink or something. Sitting here won’t do you any good.” I said. Before she can react I already pull her hand and walk her out of the building.

            We walk to our favourite café. Well that’s the only café near our department though. We took our seat and order our drinks. “I’m a fool.” The waiter just turn around after taking our orders and she blurt that out. Luckily the girl didn’t hear that. “Yes! You are a fool.” “What!” “Yes. You heard me right. I said you are a fool.” I said staring at her. “You better take that back partner.” She stared back. “Well then, what do you want me to say Yoong? You want me to say that you are not a fool? Its not your fault that Seohyun lied to you. That Seohyun is the one at fault. She shouldn’t do this to you. That’s what you want to hear right?” I said to her. I can see her sad expression on her face. Her face hung low. “Yoong. You want me to say all those things to console your heart. So that you can feel better. But what is the use Yoong saying all that to you. Stating facts that you already knew yourself. I’m not a good friend if that’s the only thing I can say to console you.” I wanted to continue when our drinks arrived. We each took a sip to cool down our throat.

            “Yoong I’m here for you. You can say whatever you want. You can let your heart out. Just say it Yoong.” Luckily I choose a table at a corner that people can’t see or heard our conversation. And the place is not crowded. There are only a few customer at the moment. “I hate her! I hate her, Yul. But I hate myself more. How can I be so dense? She’s been lying straight to my face and I can’t seem to figure that out. I’m a trained agent for God sake. I manage to identify all sorts of criminal in this country yet I failed to realize the biggest criminal is right in front of my eyes. Living under the same roof, sharing the same bed with me.!” I can see tears gather in her eyes threatening to fall. “Yoong. Look at me. Yes! I said you are a fool. Not because of what Seo did but because what you are doing to yourself. You are killing yourself inside Yoong. I know that. You said you have move on. But deep inside you are longing for her. You wish all this never happen. You wish when you reach the front door of your house she is still there. Waiting for you. Pulling you into her embrace. Consoling you after a long day eventhough she didn’t know who you really are.”

            Yoona is an agent like me. We work for South Korea Special Department and we rather have our identity as a secret. Yoona promised herself that she won’t get married or fall in love as long as she is in this line of work. But a girl name Seo Ju Hyun manage to make her break her own promise. She fall head over heals over that girl.. That’s why the agency create a fake identity for Yoona. Fake workplace and all just to not let Seohyun know. Much to our dismay that girl is a criminal and she knew everything about Yoona. The fake profile we created for Yoona was just a waste of time.

            “I don’t know Yul. She lied to me. I am supposed to hate her. To not even care or remember her at all but…” she didn’t manage to finish and she breakdown. She burst into tears. I even change seat next to her and give her a hug to make her feel better. “I know Yoong. Its okay. Just let it all out.” This is not her. This is not the Im Yoona I know. The Im Yoona who once being the best agent in the department. People in the deparment say she’s heartless. Never once she let her tears out. Never once she showed her emotion no matter how bad the condition is. Even the director praised her. She’s a good asset to the agency. After five years being her partner not to forget 3 years of training together, I know how strong she is. She only shares everything to me. Not even to her late father. Yoona once said she want to find her mother. Her lost mother. She wants to know why her mother leave her with her father. In 8 years of our friendship, I can count how many times she cried. But after Seo leave her. I lost count on how many tears she waste for that ungrateful woman.

 


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Hello everyone. so what do you think about the second chapter?

The first few chapters of my story are more to introduction.

 I will be going for a holiday with my dad and i don't want to keep you waiting for the next chapter. so maybe by the end of today I will give you another chapter. I will only be going for about 3 or 4 days. Not that long. Don't  worry.

See you on the next chapter readers..

Bye~