29. "All you need to do is ask"

My Foolish Agent

Tiffany’s POV

It’s a long day indeed. My body feels a little sore after the fight. Somehow I just knew that Jessica lose on purpose. She wasn’t trying to fight me. She’s trying to talk it out.

-Flashback-

Jessica pull on my collar and whisper few things while groaning. I stare at her. “Remember what we promised when we were kids Fany? I kept mine. What about you?”

-End Of Flashback-

Of course I remember them. We used to train in the evening. Jessica will teach me martial arts. She emphasized how important it is to at least know how to defend ourselves. But that one evening I still remember the conversation we had. We were only in our teens but because of the environment we grew up in, we were a little matured than our age.

 

-Flashback-

 

As usual, we would sit under this tree after our training. All of a sudden Sica start to break the silence.

 

“Fany-ah, don’t you ever think of getting out of your current life? Your father keep abusing you and you keep getting chase by the gang. Still you refuse me to help. Why Fany?” she asked.

 

 

“Its not easy Sica-yah. He’s still my father. He’s the only family I have left. Also by leaving, you think the gang can’t find me?” I sighed.

 

“I told you my father can help.” It’s the phrase she have repeated lot of time. To help. To offer better life. But I just can’t. How can I knowing it will only put her in danger. The gang I’m in are not just some petty street gangs. It wasn’t even my choice to be here. My father forced me to pay his debt.

 

After a few moments not hearing to any reply, Jessica continue. “I got it Fany. You are refusing.”

 

“I’m sorry. I just can’t.”I answered.

 

“You  know. I’ve always wanted to follow my father’s track. To be an agent like him. So why not we make a deal?” she asked.

 

“What deal?”

 

“I’ll work hard and make sure I get to where I want. Becoming like my dad. And as of you, when you grow up. Get a little stronger, promised me you will get out of this life, get a better life, be a better person.” She said. I just smirk. How can I? Its not easy.

 

“You know its not easy Sica” I answered.

 

“Nothing is impossible Fany. And if ever its too hard. You can ask some help. I’m always ready to help you. All you need to do is ask.” she said. I just smile and nod.

 

“Thank you unnie.” I answered and she pull me into a tight hug. Sica is like a sister to me. She’s a year older and the way she treats me not judging where I come from is how we became bestfriends until one day she have to move because of her father.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

And know I can’t sleep thinking how is she doing. Is she badly hurt. Because of my guilt I decided to take some fresh air.

 

Instead of taking my car, I walk to the park near the house. I wore my hoodie. I can’t take risk of being identify by anyone.  I sat at the bench. Enjoying the night view. It was quite dark even with the light from the lamp post. Even so nothing scares me. I know how to defend myself.

 

“You know, if it wasn’t for Taeyeon. You might not be breathing right now.” I heard a very familiar voice. Out of reflex, I reached my back just to realised I didn’t carry any weapon with me. “That’s not necessary Hwang. Don’t act stupid.” The voice continue.

 

I watch as she walk beside me and pull me to sit back down. I just comply when I confirmed she’s here alone. “How do you find me here?” I asked.

 

“That’s not the biggest concern right now Hwang. I’m here to make a deal.” She continue.

 

“What deal?” I asked.

 

“Give me back my wife and I’ll help you to get lighter sentence.” She said.

 

“We both know that ain’t gonna happen Seo. You know how serious my crime is. I’ll either get a death sentence or a lifetime imprisonment.” I continue.

 

“The only witness alive for the the case is me Hwang. We can work that out.” She said.

 

“How can I trust you? I don’t think you can just let me go. Like you said, I’m only alive because of Taeyeon.” I reply.

 

“Its up to you Hwang, if you take my offer, we’ll work on the deal. You can pay me back in other ways for your crime against my family.”

 

“You know Hyo won’t just let this slide if I were to testify against her. How can I leave in peace later?” I asked.

 

“You should trust Taeyeon. She’ll do everything in her power to protect you. Haven’t you seen enough? She risked her career for you.” At this point I’m already feel tempted with the offer, but of course I can’t be seem so easy.

 

“And if I don’t take those offer?” I asked.

 

“I think you already know the answer.” She continue. “Also, I can raid the house you are staying right now. I bet on everything I have Yoona is in there. But if that were to happened, I will break Taeyeon’s heart as you will have no way out by then.” I looked at her. She knew where we hide already?

 

“Don’t have to be that shocked. I knew already. I tried my best not to just barge in and get my wife. Instead here I am cutting a deal with you.” How can she be so calm?

 

“I don’t know. I can’t just say yes even if I want to.” I answered after a long silence.

 

“A message from Sica. All you need to do is ask.” She said. I know what that means. Sica stil remember our promised. “Take it Fany. It’s a good deal.” She continue.

 

“Hyoyeon is planning an escape. A plan is already put in place. Just waiting the right time to execute it.” I said. “That’s all I can do for you as of now. I need to do some thinking.” I said.

I stand up to walk away and Seohyun just let me go.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

 

Hey there. Is my story still enjoyable to read?

Im sorry for the very complicated plot but thank you for still following the story.

See you on the next update. Might be a little late as I'm going back to my mom's hometown during the weekend. I'll see if I can update a chapter before that depending on my schedule okay.

Have a nice day ahead.

Bye~