35. Choices

My Foolish Agent

Jessica’s POV

 

“Are you kidding me? This people all work for her?” I asked shockingly. Tiffany just chuckled.

 

“I’m as shocked as you are knowing these few days ago. I know she have connections but I don’t know she have these many people even in higher position. I always wonder how she get the information and all.” Fany said.

 

“So, are you really willing to testify?” I asked.

 

“Don’t ask as if I have another choice Sooyeon.” She said.

 

“I’m trying to be nice Fany. I think we are good. We have everything we need. I just need to bring this to our tech to confirm the list and inform Sunny about this.” I said. I can see Seo nodding.

 

“If you are done. She’s mine now Sica. You can take the car and go back to our department. I’ll take her with me from now.” Seo said. I just nod. I already know what’s going to happen.

 

“Where are you taking me? Why are we going separate ways?” Fany ask with a confusing face.

 

I walk to Fany and pull her into a hug. “I’m sorry Fany-ah. You have unsettled debt with Seo. I can’t interfere with this.” I said while still hugging her.

 

“Wait! What?! What are you going to do to me?” she tried to push me and look at Seo.

 

“I told you remember? You have to find other ways to pay me back against what you did to me?” Seo said. I can see Fany’s panicking a little.

 

“Don’t go so hard on her Seo. She’s all yours. Don’t forget your promise.” I said. I can see Fany struggled trying to get out of my grip. She panicked a little too much I guess. I am not being told about what debt it is. What I know is that Sunny approved to it. I have no say to it. “Don’t worry, she’s not going to kill you Fany-ah. Relax a little.” I continue even though I hardly think that helps her to relax.

 

“Im sorry Miyoung.” I said before turning her body and push her a little against the wall. I cuffed her hands behind her back. “Whatever it is, settled it nicely.” That’s the last word I said before handing Fany over to Seo and walk out of the house.

 

 

Sunny’s POV

 

To be honest I can just yell at Taeyeon when she let her emotions controlled her but I can’t bring myself to do that knowing what she have been through and what she’s about to.

“Where are we going?” Finally she asked.

 

“Its not part of the original plan but Seo beg me to do this. I hope you hear her out later and settled it the best way you two can.” I said.

 

“What do you mean?” she looks at me.

 

“Hear me out calmly okay.” I only earn a nod. “Seo got Fany.”

 

“WHAT?!” Well poor my ear but I expected that much.

 

“If you are going to continue to stare at me like that Im gonna stop talking.” I said. To be honest her stare gives me chills.

 

“Right before we ambushed the house, Sica and Seo grab her. She was alone and we decided not to alarm anyone. At this moment she’s being interrogated by Sica.” I explained.

 

“Are we going there?” She asked.

 

“Do you want to?” I asked. Instead of answering directly she looks out the window. I guess she really love Tiffany that much. I don’t think she can take it if Fany were to send to prison. “Get some rest. It’s a long ride.” I continue. She just nods.

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

It kinda scares me a bit. Seo just push me into the passenger seat of her car and drive away without a word. “Where are we going?” I try to start a conversation after nearly 10 minutes of quiet drive.

 

“I’m thinking on what should I do. As of now there’s no specific destination.” She replied.

 

“If you are taking me to prison or somewhere like that, can I at least see Tae’s face first? Even from a far?” I asked.

 

“What’s the use Fany? I thought you said she scam you. That her feelings are not real.” She said coldly.

 

“I’m sorry. I truly am. I know that her feelings are real but I just can’t take it knowing that we can’t be together. I don’t want to keep hoping when I know its not possible.” I said.

 

“What if Taeyeon can do all that what you say impossible. Will you follow her? Will you love her as much as before? Will you take good care of her?” Seo asked. I just chuckled. What a story am I trying to imagine? A criminal living with an agent? What kind of ridiculous request is that?

 

Just then the car is swerved to the side of the road. “Is that really a hard question for you Fany?” she asked. Her stares is icy cold. I looked down. I am really puzzled on how to answer the question but I know Seo won’t wait any longer.

 

“If Tae can accept me. I’m willing to hold her hand but if that means putting her in trouble, how can I?” I answered truthfully.

 

“Well then this is your last chance to think Fany. It’s a long ride. Use it to think deeply on what you want.

 

 

Yoona’s POV

 

Just like other days, here I am visiting Yuri. Right after the mission ends, I excused myself. I’m actually slightly worried that Seo and Sica is not back here alongside with Sunny. As for now, Hyo is detained at our department. The security have been increased even though news about her arrest is not out yet. Sunny makes it clear not to do anything until she comes back.

 

When I reached Yuri’s room, there are doctor and few nurses. My heart starts thumping fast. All those bad thoughts run through my head. I walk closer after taking a deep breath.

 

“Is my partner alright?”  I tried to ask even though my voice is barely heard.

 

“Thank God. She made it. She’s a bit weak but she has gone through the worst.” The doctor said. I thanked the doctor and bow a little. I let the nurses and doctor to leave before approaching Yuri.

 

“Hey partner, how is it going?” I started the conversation.

 

“Have been better. But, Im glad Im still breathing right now.” She answered. She sounds so weak.

 

“Its okay.  I’ll stay with you tonight. Rest okay. I know how it felt like. Even talking is a hassle.” I said.

 

“It hurts but I still wanna talk to you. I’ve been resting a lot. Nearly a week the doctor said I have been sleeping.” Yuri said. “Are you willing to listen?” she asks.

 

“Of course Yul. I’m all yours. Spill up.” I answered.

 

“Is Seo alright?” that got me stunned. The first question is about Seo? “Looking at your face I can safely say I’m the only one not doing that great. Lying here on this hospital bed.” Yuri said.

 

“Yul. I think about Seo. It can wait. I don’t want you to think about that right now. Its not important.” I said.

 

“It is Yoong. Its important. For you.” She answered. Im about to reply when Yuri continue saying “I don’t want you to make a rash decision and get hurt. As of now, I know there’s a lot in your mind. So, I tend to take a few things off that head of yours so that you can make a rational decision.” Yuri continues.

 

“You know you love Seo, Yoong. That’s a fact that you can’t ignore. I know you are feeling bad that you gave me a chance right before Seo is back. But then Yoong, ask yourself. If Im not here. If you didn’t know about my feelings. Will you not go back to Seo after knowing the truth?” I can only hang my head low listening to Yuri.

 

“I think, there’s more to it that you need to know about Seo. I think I pry too much that I almost got caught. Go to Amber later. We found something about Seo but there’s no guarantee on how true it is.” She takes a moment. I can see its really hard for her but she keeps going on. “Let me ask you. Do you know what happened to her family?” Yuri asked.

 

It really got me stunned. I remember asking Seo but all she said that her family died in a tragic accident and that she don’t want to remember it. She’s the only survivor based on her and that makes her feel bad at times. “Didn’t her family die in an accident?” I answered doubtfully.

 

“Do you know what kind of accident?” Yuri asked. It really didn’t cross my mind that Seo’s family might have been involved in other accident rather than a car accident.

 

“Its okay Yoong. You can find that out later. As of now. All I want to say is. Stop doing this to me.” She said. I can hint tears threatening to fall from Yuri. I got panicked. What did I do?

 

“Your feeling is not love. Its out of pity and empathy. I don’t want that Yoong. If your love for me remains as just a partner, then I willingly to be satisfied on just that. Also, I have a feeling Seo won’t let you go, she loved you so much. I can see she worked the hardest pulling all the strings she have to find you. You can never imagine how bad she tried to stop herself from going insane and just kill everyone that hurt you.” Yuri stops for a moment. I can see have become dried. She can hardly speak to continue what she wants to say so I give her some sip of water. She took some moment before continuing.

 

“Don’t stay tonight. Go home. Find out what really happened. Then, lets talk again. I need some rest alone Yoong. Im sorry.” She said. And the tears that she held back falls down. I just nod.

 

“Get some good rest partner. See you tomorrow.” With that I walk away. By the time I close the door to her room, its time for my tears to fall down. Everything she said is right. I can’t even deny any. So, instead of going home I dialled Amber’s number.

 

“Hey Am. Yul’s awake. Meet me at the department asap. She said there’s something I should see.” Amber didn’t question anything and just say yes to it. It seems like she knew what I was talking about. I quickly get to my car not forgetting to inform my team that Yuri is awake before driving off.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

 

Hey there, another chapter is here. the story really gets longer than I thought.

I hope you guys are still there reading.

See you on the next update.

Have a nice day.

Bye~