36. Payback

My Foolish Agent

Seohyun’s POV

 

Tiffany ended up sleeping the whole ride. I think she have not been getting enough sleep lately that she sleeps so calmly. I just let her be. To be honest I felt numb right now. Is it worth it to let it all out for a revenge? It can never bring my family back nor can it bring a satisfaction to me. Instead, I am risking losing my loves ones currently. All I had was Taeyeon and Yoona. Im on the brink of losing Yoona and if I were to do anything to Fany then I might be losing Taeyeon too. It’s getting frustrating. Why am I the only ones having to go through this rough path? Is happiness not meant for me?

 

I open the door and step out of the car. I wake Tiffany up. “Its time to get up. We’ve arrived.” I said.

 

Tiffany open her eyes and rub them. She steps out of the car and look around.  She looks confused.

 

“Seems familiar?” I ask. She just nod. Of course, she does. It’s the same house Tae brought her before Sulli took her.

 

“Lets go.” I said. I close the door and lead the way to the beach. At this rate I don’t care if she wants to run or anything. I have cut her cuff loose while she sleeps just now. She can run if she want but it will be so foolish of her.

 

I sat down under a tree. And rest my back on its trunk. I ushered her to sit next to me.

 

“Are you ready to pay me back for the crime you did?” I ask. She looks at me confusingly.

 

“Are you going to drown me or something?” she asked. I just chuckled.

 

“We are going to have a long conversation. I don’t care how bored its gonna be. Just listen to me.” I look at her and she nods.

 

“I lost my parents when I was so young. I don’t have to tell you bout that. I know you remember well what happened.” I didn’t even look at her while talking. I just look at the beach eventhough its dark.

 

“Its hard trying to raise yourself in the absence of your family. Everything was grab from me just in a blink. After I reached the decent age, I joined the training to become a police officer. My goal back then was to find you. I train hard. Even when I was sick, no one took care of me until Taeyeon tag along. She’s like a sister to me. We applied for special force together and train together. We have become partner since.” I stop for a while to take a deep breath and to reminisce the old days.

 

-Flashback-

We were training combat and my opponent just tackled me to the ground.

 

“Auch!” I groan while holding my left arm. The instructor stops the fight.

 

“This is the third time Seo. I’m sending you to the medic to see if you fit to continue with the training. It seems that you have problem on your arms.

 

Taeyeon bring me to the medic. She makes sure I’m okay. She’s like a sister to me.

 

“Don’t worry Seo. We start this together, we’ll end this together. No one is going to send you home. I won’t let them.” She said.

 

                                                                                                                                               

 

“Seo watch out!” she throws herself and push me together with her behind a car. A bullet just lightly pass through me. I could’ve gotten killed with that bullet.

 

“Thanks Taeng. I thought I was dead.” I said but her face doesn’t look good.

 

“Its alright. Be careful. Curse the back up. Why the hell are they so late?” she continue. Just then rain of bullets can be heard. I saw Solar and Byul not far from us. I gave them some help and keep shooting at the criminal we went after just now. Byul is a very competence agent. Another two shots heard from her and then Solar’s voice is heard.

 

“He’s down.” She said. I breath in relief. I turn to face Taeyeon just to realise the bullet that was suppose to be mine graze her. It doesn’t seem bad but she looks pale.

 

“Officer down! Call a medic!” I shouted.

 

“Why on earth you saved my just to get shot?” I ask.

 

“You are a precious dongsaeng to me. I can’t let you get hurt.” She smile.

 

“People will mistake you as lovers.” Byul said while putting pressure at the bleeding spot. “She is to us to Taeng. No one touches our dongsaeng huh?” Taeyeon chuckled at the remark.

 

                                                                                                                                            

 

“Watch it Kim Taeyeon! I am your superior!” Leetuk said.

 

“If you really are you are not going to send your subordinate to her own death! Are you out of your mind?” Taeyeon reply.

 

The conversation goes on with shouts and curse until Leetuk admits his defeat.

 

“You both act like a lover. Do whatever you want. I’ll send someone else for the mission.” He walks out angrily.

 

“You know you can get into trouble right?” I ask.

 

“Like hell I care! The target knows you yet he wants to send you to him? What a brat!” she said angrily.

 

Again this unnie save me from entering the gate of death.

 

                                                                                                                                               

 

-End of Flashback-

 

“And because of that Fany. I can’t let you hurt her.” I continue. “I’ve lost Yoona for my greed. I keep on insisting to catch you that I lost the ones who really loves me after loosing my family. Taeyeon is someone I cant bear loosing. She’s a sister. We have a very special relationship since we met. Again, I am about to lose her because of you. Are you really someone destine to take everything away from me Fany? I don’t even have much in my life but I keep losing it.” At this point tears started to pool threatening to fall.

 

“I am not even asking you to apologise. I am not even going to ask you to kneel in front of me. I have thought hard about this. Testify! Go to court. Tell them all you know. Get that freaking immunity and then.. all I am going to ask is, live the rest of your life with Taeyeon. For Taeyeon.” I stop speaking and look at her. Her eyes are red and teary.

 

“You are not even going to beat me? Punch me? You are just going to let me go? After what I did?” she asked. Yes. It doesn’t make sense. But losing another person from my life will kill me.

 

“That’s your punishment Fany. A lifetime contract with Taeyeon. No one else have to know our history.” I continue.

 

“You should have just beat the hell out of me. That way, I can at least feel like I’ve been punished. But you giving this opportunity to me, it’s like you are realising my dream for me.” She said.

 

 “There’s something you need to bear in mind Fany. You hurt Taeyeon. Even a little. If that time ever comes, I’ll make sure to get back to you the worst way possible that you’ll pray you didn’t cross path with me.” I continue.

 

I know there’s two silhouettes watching over me since 10 mins ago. I know that’s my que to go.

 

“The choice is yours Fany.  I’m done saying whatever I have to say.” I stand and walk away. My tears fall the moment I walk away. I choose not to show Fany my tears. Not far from the place I got pulled into a hug.

 

“You don’t have to cry alone anymore because these shoulders are yours to rest with. You did great. You made a very pure choice and maybe heaven is paying you for that.” Hearing that, I cried some more in that tight hug.

 

 

Amber’s POV

 

I got a called from Yoona unnie. It’s a relief hearing that Yuri unnie is okay. Even so, I know I have a responsibility to be delivered. When Yoona unnie wanted to see me I immediately know what she asks for. I tell her to meet me at the department. Most of my gadget is there and its much safer. I hack through a few other departments file. Getting caught is not an option.

 

As I arrived Yoona is already there waiting infront of my desk.

 

“How’s Yul?” I ask. Trying to start the conversation.

 

“She’s doing okay. She needs to rest a little more.” I just nod. While I ask a few more question just to loosen up the atmosphere, I start my computer and searched for the file needed.

 

“I believe you need the file for Seo Ju Hyun right?” I ask.

 

“Yes. Give me everything you have.” Yoona answered.

 

“This is the list of files I found. It will take long to read. Should I just summarise the story for you?” I asked. Its too long and too tragic to read everything. To be honest it’s a miracle she survives.

 

“I’ll screen through while you tell me what you know. Start with her family. How she lost them.” she said.

 

“Basically, her family consist of 4 people. Her father was an agent just like us. Her mother works as a freelancer. He has a brother and she’s the youngest in the family.” I start.

 

The summary goes on how the family was murdered and how the case was never solved. It seems that Seo knew who the murderer was, but she didn’t tell anyone thus making it harder to solve the case. She was adopted by a few families, but it didn’t work. She barely talks and she don’t open up to others.

 

I told Yoona briefly on her journey in the academy and how she become a special agent. I managed to find a few cases that she worked on and how many times she cheated death.

 

“Meaning. There must be other reason why she accepted the case right?” Yoona ask.

 

“If you are talking about the Kim Hyoyeon case, then it’s a yes. Seo rejected a few cases after her marriage and there’s a talk that she might want to retire but she accepted the case right away.” I said.

 

“I doubt what you just say are found in the case file.” Yoona answered.

 

“It seems that Yul have a good connection. She made a few calls and ask about Seo. There’s also another rumour heard but there’s no evidence on how true this is.” I said. Yoona change her attention to me.

 

“It was said that at first, Seo just wanted to help Taeyeon to take down her sister but then her target change. It seems like she got interested in Tiffany Hwang. The talk states that maybe Tiffany is involved in her family’s murdered or maybe she knows something about it.” I can see Yoona face changes.

 

“What on earth is going on here. Why the hell I know nothing about my wife?!” she shouted, and tears can be seen flowing down her cheeks. I stand up, walk to her and give her a hug.

 

“Its not your fault. Seo choose not to tell. You are being respectful not to ask. That’s just how you are.” I said.

 

She keeps on crying in my hug. I let her be. When she calms down, she asks for a favour. Its illegal but I can’t seem to turn it down.