Wedding Day

Hyung vs. Maknae

 

It was finally the day and there’s only a few hours left till the wedding starts. Everyone was just about to leave the house to go to the church hall, when Jaejin decides to stay home for a bit longer. Everyone looked at him questionably.

 

“Jaejin-ah, are you sure?” Jonghun asked him as he was the last one going out the door.

 

“yeah, it’s okay. Go ahead.” Jaejin reassured him. “I’m just going to check on Soonyi first then meet you guys there.”

 

“okay~…” Jonghun nodded his head. “I’ll just tell manager-hyung to come get you later after we get drop”

 

“Okay, thanks Jonghun-hyung~” Jaejin waved goodbye. “bye~”

 

“Bye Jaejin. See you there”

 

Then once he saw Jonghun close the door and leave, he went upstairs straight to Soonyi’s room.

 

“Soonyi-ah,  you there?” Jaejin  knocked on her bedroom door, but there was no response. “Soonyi-ah?”

 

Jaejin knocked on the door repeatively, but still there was no answer. He then decides to open the door and check if Soonyi was okay but to his surprise he finds the room empty instead.

 

“huh?! where is she?! SOONYI-AH?!?” Jaejin panicked. “Where could she--”

 

Jaejin then stopped mid-sentence upon seeing a letter on the nightstand. He walks toward it and slowly opens the letter, too afraid of what it might say. Even though, he probably knows what it is already.

 

Dear Guys,

 

Once you read this, I should be already on a plane to America right now
Im really sorry I didnt have to the gut to tell you face to face.. but I felt like this was my only choice.

There were so many options I had. Things from marrying Jonghun to Hongki and Minhwannies confessions.

Last night, I had a lot of thinking to do. My actual first decision was to go on with the wedding but then something changed my mind And I have Minhwannie to thank for that.  

Im sorry again guys most importantly Im really sorry to Jonghun for making him deal with our parents. Im really sorry

I know you guys will probably not forgive me for what Im doing.. but please understand.

 

anyways, goodbye now guys. I hope we can meet each other again some day.
I love you all

 

                    -      Soonyi

 

“Is she crazy?! Does she even how much trouble she’s going to be in?! Everyone is going to kill me once they find out about this?! how much Hongki and Minhwan are going to kill me?!… aish, this girl!” Jaejin complained as he rushed out of Soonyi’s room and the house as he heads to the church all by himself.

 

---------
 

 

Jonghun and the others were already at the church hall in one of the back rooms getting ready, while his parents are outside waiting and entertaining the guest. It was a private wedding, so only people who were close to the bride and groom or family were invited.

 

“Hongki-ah… Hongki” Jonghun was trying to get his attention but Hongki was just ignoring him as he sits on one of the couches in the room listening to music. “Hongki please, can you listen to me for one minute.”

 

“why should I?!” Hongki exclaimed as he pulled out both his earphones. “Jonghun remember youre the one who is betraying me here…so why should i?”

 

“I know I hurt you and I know no matter how many times I try to apologize, you still wouldn’t forgive.. but still..” Jonghun explained. “You’re my best friend and I want you to be my best-man, Hongki..”

 

“I told you! I don’t want to, Jonghun! How many times--”

 

“HYUNG!!!” Jaejin bragged inside the room as he was trying to catch his breath.

 

“Jaejin? What’s wrong??” Jonghun asked, worried.  

 

“h-hyung… Soonyi.. Soonyi’s…”

 

“Jaejin out with it?!” Hongki yelled.

 

“Soonyi’s gone!” Jaejin exclaimed and then everything in the room became silence.

 

 “she even left a note…” Jaejin took out the note from his pocket and handed to Jonghun. Everyone except Jaejin circled around him as they started to read it. “she said that something Minhwan gave her made her decision to leave..”

 

“Jaejin, where did she go?” Hongki asked him.

 

“her note said that she should be on a plane to America right now. why?”

 

“I’m going to get her. I’m not going to let her leave like this… “ Hongki said, putting on his coat as he left the room before anyone could say otherwise.

 

“Minhwan-ah.” Jonghun called him with a firm tone. “what was the thing you gave Soonyi …the one made her change her mind?”

 

“hmm, hyung…he left too” Seunghyun simply said as he pointed to the room closing.

 

-------

-Soonyi POV-

 

I was looking at the very thing that Minhwannie had left in my room last night as I was waiting to board my flight. It was an acceptance letter to one of the musical art school in America. I don’t know how Minhwannie got this for me, but it seemed that he put a the explanation for all of it. Behind the acceptance letter, there were other two pieces of paper. One was a music sheet with finished lyrics of my song.  Also, there was another letter from Minhwannie this time. It read:

 

Noona,

 

I know this is sudden but I feel like this was the only thing I could do for you before you  get married to Jonghun-hyung tomorrow. Its an acceptance letter to  CCM Music School in Los Angeles. I sent your song in, and they said they would like to see you in this coming semester next month. Even though I know you probably not planning of going to accept the offer, I just wanted you to see it.

Oh and Noona, theres also one more thing Ive always wanted to tell you but I ever had the courage to say it  and it's that... 

I love you. I loved you ever since we met in the super market and I dont regret a single moment with you after.

I will always love you, Noona. Always. 

                                                                                      

-      Your Minhwannie

 

Thank you Minhwannie.. for everything, I thought as a sudden tear escaped from my right eye as I read the letter for the second time. I wiped it away quickly once I heard the intercom that my flight was ready to board.  I grabbed my luggage and was on my way out to the gate doors until someone grabbed my wrist from going. I looked to see who it was and it was none other than Hongki himself.

 

“Hongki.. what are you going here? someone might see you…” I told him but he doesn’t seem to care. “Hongki…”

 

“I don’t care…” he argued as he started to pulling be away. “now come on, we’re going home.”

 

“no.” I tried to pull away, but he only tightened his grip more. “oww.. let me go Hongki”

 

“not till you tell me why you’re leaving like this??”

 

“why should i?! I'm not your girlfriend anymore, not for a long time now. so stop treating like I am, Hongki!” I finally exploded in angry as my eyes were starting to get watery.

 

“Soonyi-ah~…” I heard him say. All he’s angry has suddenly fated away as he looked at me with gently eyes. I knew I had to stop my outburst now, but I couldn't stop. I wanted to just let it out then and there.

 

“you want to know the truth?” I told him before I continued. Tears already flowing down my cheeks. “I did this for Minhwannie, okay! I didn’t want to see him hurt anymore than he already is… and if I went on with marrying Jonghun that’ll just crush him even more. So here I am, being a coward and running away… so Hongki please, let me do this… please”

 

“shh~..” I suddenly felt Hongki start to hug me as I try to catch my breath. “you must love him that much don’t you…?”

 

I nodded in response. He then pulled away a little to wipe my tear stained cheeks clean with his thumbs. I saw him smile weakly at me. I knew I had hurt him, but i had to face it. My heart was with Minhwan now…and somehow he knew this too.

One he let go of me, I took his hands and pull something in between them. He looked at me in confusion.

 

“the ring I gave you? You’re giving it back to me?” Hongki questioned as I simply nodded.

 

“I had it for too long already, I thought i might as well give it back to you.” I told him, but he seemed to chuckle as he puts it back onto my finger and looks at my hand.

 

“I gave it to you remember? It’s your’s now... and I know you really love that ring too.” Hongki smiled at me. “besides, I already have this.”

 

“omo~, you still have it??” I asked amazed seeing that he still had the plain skull necklace I gave him on our 1 month anniversary, around his neck. I couldn’t help but smile at it like a fool.

 

“just like you. I kept it and wore it every single day. Day or night.” He told me and I smiled even more. He still had it, it made me happy and it changed everything of what I thought of him before. “Soonyi-ah~
 

 

“yeah~?” My attention back on Hongki.

 

“before you leave… can I ask from you one more thing?” He asked, looking at me sincerely in the eyes.  I nodded, waiting for him to continue but he didn’t.

 

“Hongki what is it that yo--” Then suddenly before I could finish, Hongki started to kiss me.

 

I wanted to push him away, but it seemed that this was what he wanted to ask. So I let him kiss me.. one last kiss. To be honest, I quite miss this. i missed how close we use to be but it different now. My heart was for someone else. After a minute or two, we both pulled away from the kiss and the next thing I know, there were some people who were starting to recognized Hongki and I. I was going to look away but one particular person caught my eye. The one person that I wanted to avoid him getting hurt ever again.

 

“Minhwannie…” I called out. His face was evident of hurt. It hurt me so much to see that. Then once we made eye contact, he ran away before I could say anything else. “Minhwannie, wait!!!”

 

“Soonyi-ah, don't” Hongki caught me again, preventing me from running after him. “you’re going to miss your flight…”

 

“but, Hongki.. I--”

 

“Soonyi-ah.. go” He looked at him, then smiled softly. “I’ll go after him. You just go.”

 

“ahh… okay.” I give up in defeat. “Thank you… oppa~”
 

“w-what? wait! Soonyi-ah.. what did you call me???” Hongki trying to ask but I was already going through the gates.

 

“keke, bye oppa~!!” I waved to him a last goodbye, as that was late thing I said to him before the gate doors closed.

 

--------------

-Author POV-

 

“Ya!... ai, aigoo… Goodbye Soonyi-ah. You will always be my first love…” Hongki ran one of his hand through his hair, before leaving to find Minhwan afterwards. 

 

 

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
sorry for the sudden change of POV in the ending.. just wanted to have Soonyi's POV ><' haha
anyway, hope you like it~ it was kind of long too lol 

btw, did anyone expect this? Soonyi leaving?.. hehe just curious xD


@baboprimadonna: haha, the wait is over xD new chapter! hope you liked it ^^ kk 
@rocks75: LOLOL you're a Hongki bias too? haha, me too.. but really Hongki and Minhwan are like a tie for me though ><' thanks for reading ^^
@loves_jkspsh: haha, hoped you like the update! thanks for subscribing, btw ^^ really appreciate it ♥ kk