Sunset

Hyung vs. Maknae

 

“How did this even happen?” Soonyi asked Jonghun, looking him straight in the eyes.

 

“how what happened?”

 

“Jonghun.. I’m serious. I know I agreed to this for my parents, but I didn’t know it was going to be you of all people. Jonghun please, I need some answers.”

 

“okay.. okay…” Jonghun sighed. “I’m not sure what’s going on really, but I’m thinking this is some sort of a business deal.”

 

“I know that already.”

 

“what?! You know? how…”

 

“it’s the reason why I’m doing this in the first place.” Soonyi explained calmly. “and the reason I agreed to this arranged marriage.”

 

“so you knew about this from the start? Why go through it then, if you knew it was me? why??” Jonghun exclaimed. “what about Minhwan?...Hongki?”

 

Soonyi shut her eyes closed upon hearing the two names, that she wanted the last two people to get involved. She took a deep breathe before speaking again. “Like i said, I had no clue that it was going to be you Jonghun. Do you think i would have gone through it, if I knew it was you? You’re a good leader Jonghun, I would never do that to the guys.. especially Minhwannie.”

 

“well, I guess not. And thanks.” Jonghun finally grasped the situation. “why though?”

 

“why what?”

 

“why go through an arranged marriage? I mean, don’t you want to find love yourself?.. I know I do”

 

“yeah.. that’s true. I do” Soonyi agreed. “but I have my reasons.”

 

“you want to talk about it? You seem stressed just mentioning it. I’m all ears.” Jonghun offered while sipping his coffee.

 

“well…” Soonyi was hesitant and Jonghun noticed this. So he got up, walked to the other side of the table and extended his hand toward her.

 

“come on, let’s get out of here. It’s getting kind of stuffy.” Jonghun stated. Soonyi agreed with him and  took Jonghun’s hand as she stood up. They both left the café and started to walk the streets together. Just walking and getting so fresh air, they started more comfortable with each other as they walked. Soonyi didn’t even realize that she was still holding onto Jonghun’s hand. Only when they stopped to take a seat on a bench is when she did notice.

 

“umm, Jonghun. my hand…” Soonyi gently pulled her hand away from his.

 

“oh, I’m sorry. I forgot.” Jonghun apologized, feeling a little embarrassed. Then he looked away at the horizon to see the sun start setting. "wahh~ so pretty...  don't you think Soonyi?"

 

"The sunset?" Soonyi asked, looking in the direction Jonghun was staring out. "wahh~.. yeah, it is. all the colors are so beautiful." 

 

"and it suits your blue dress quite well too." Jonghun chukled. "you know it's a perfect  lighting now. let's take a picture." 

 

"ahh, Jonghun no.. it's okay.. i mean it's getting late." 

 

"no, its perfect." Jonghun insisted, pulling Soonyi up from the bench and making her stand at the area where is light is just right." 

 

"Jonghun.. idk. i mean--" before Soonyi finished, Jonghun already shot the picture. "Ya~~" 

 

"haha~  don't worry, it's looks great!" Jonghun approched to where Soonyi was still standing and handed his phone to her. 

 

"Wow. is that even me?" Soonyi questioned in awe. Jonghun just chukled. "i look so  different. You're really a great photographer, Jonghun" 

 

"I'll give you a copy once i get more photo paper." The both sat back down on the bench with Soonyi still in awe about the photo and while Jonghun is just looking at the sunset again. “so how long do you think we have to keep ‘dating’?”

 

“huh? oh, I don’t know really… a few weeks maybe. It really depends on our parents want” Soonyi answered, finally giving back Jonghun his phone. "I'm kind of glad that our parents set this up though." 

 

"you are? really, how so?" Jonghun questioned. 

 

"It made me realized that, I never once going to know you until today." 

 

“haha, wow. yeah, ever since you moved in the house. We never got the chance to actually talk....  I guess Minari was just be selfish with you” Jonghun cracked a cheesy joke.

 

“ya! Don’t tease, Minhwannie like that! Oppa...” Oops. Soonyi eyes widen. She couldn’t believe she of what she just said. She was about to apologize but Jonghun interrupted her.

 

“No, it’s fine. You can call me oppa if you want, i don’t mind.”

 

“Jonghun are you…” Soonyi saw Jonghun smile and nod in assurances, and this gave her more confidence now. “okay, Jonghun-oppa! woah. okay maybe i shouldn't, it feels weird. haha~, i'll just call you oppa when i'm use it to."

 

“haha, okay Soonyi-ah~" Jonghun laughed.  "Soonyi-ah~ are you hungry? Let’s go eat dinner and then after we can go home. What do you say?”

 

“REALLY?! Yeah! Let’s go!” Soonyi smiled brightly. Jonghun laughed upon how cute and happy she looked upon kust hearing that they’ll be eating food soon. They then both got of from the bench and walked to the nearest restaurant they could find. 
 

*sorry for the lame title.. i couldn't think of anything ><