Options

Hyung vs. Maknae

 

Days flew by faster than everyone expected and both Jonghun and Soonyi have been busy preparing things for the wedding with their parents.  It was too late to stop the wedding from continuing and Soonyi felt very guilt that she kept apologizing to Jonghun for not canceling it when she had the chance. Although, Jonghun would tell her that it was okay and it wasn’t her fault, she knows that he was being nice and just doesn’t want her to feel bad. But now it’s the day before the wedding and everything is going to be way different if someone doesn’t do something to change it. 

 

“We're going out to go well… you guys already know.” Jonghun started heading out to the front door, with Soonyi behind him. Jonghun didn’t have to explain much whenever him and Soonyi would go out, because they all already know the reason why.

 

“Bye, guys~.. we’ll be back soon.” Soonyi said before following Jonghun out the door.

 

“Aish, why must they do that every time they leave. It’s not like I give a damn…” Hongki was still upset about the whole thing. He has always be like this for the past days. However, that’s only on the outside but on the inside it was so much hurt and disbelief.

 

“hyung please…I know you’re upset with everything but try to trust them. I’m sure they didn’t want this to happen as much as you don’t want it to.” Jaejin told Hongki but Hongki just ignored him.

 

“whatever…I’m going to my room now.” Hongki stood up and started to head upstairs but was stopped for a moment by Minhwan standing there already. He glanced at him with cold eyes and then proceeded to his room upstairs.

 

“geez... what’s his problem?” Minhwan asked Jaejin as he took a sit on the couch.

 

“He's just still mad about the news Jonghun gave us yesterday..”

 

“what news?” Minhwan’s eyebrows creased together with curiosity.

 

“you know. That Jonghun and Soonyi are getting married tomorrow.” Jaejin said as he then saw Minhwan frozen and pale. “Hey.. Minari, are you okay?”

 

“she’s… getting married…” Minhwan whispered to himself in disbelief. “no. that can’t happen…”

 

“Minhwan, seriously… you’ve been making me worry for the past few days. Something wrong?”

 

“no… I won’t let that happen.” Minhwan spoke out loud before he paced upstairs. “I just won’t..”

 

“wait! Minwhan-ah!!” Jaejin called out to him but just was ignored. “aish.. what’s with this two today??”

 

---------

 

“ahhh~ isn't so great to finally all be together before the wedding tomorrow?” Mrs. Choi asked Mrs. Kim cheerfully.

 

“yes, it’s a wonderful thing.” Mrs. Kim responded with with same cheerful tone.

 

Soonyi, Jonghun, and their parents were nearing the end of their get-together at a restaurant. Jonghun and Soonyi’s mother of course were the one who were making conversation while, Jonghun’s father seemed to be absorbed in his phone. As for Jonghun and Soonyi they sat quietly sipping their drinks. The only time they would talk was when they were being spoken to. Such times like now.

 

“Soonyi-dear~” Mrs. Choi called.

 

“y-yes?” Soonyi looked up at her.

 

“you must be very nervous right?”

 

“nervous?” Soonyi shook her head, a little confused to what Jonghun’s mother was referring to. “should I be?”

 

“aigoo~ of course you should! your wedding is tomorrow after all, dear! ahh, I remember how nervous I was.” She started to reminisce in her memorizes. “but I guess, the cold feet will come on the day of the wedding. Haha~”

 

“ ha..ha. I guess so…” Soonyi agreed shyly.

 

“Omma” Jonghun finally spoke. “Sorry for cutting things short, but Soonyi and I have somewhere to attend to.”

 

“Jonghun-ah, what are you talking about? we don’t--” Soonyi whispered to him, feeling confused again.

 

“shh~, just follow me.” Jonghun hushed her. Soonyi looked at him for a second but then went with what he was saying.

 

“oh, is that so sweetie?” His mother questioned. Jonghun nodded as Soonyi did the same. “okay. I guess we’ll see each other tomorrow then? Ahh, I can’t wait. Goodbye then, you two~ Take care”

 

“Bye Omma. Appa. Mrs. Kim.” Jonghun bowed to them as he took Soonyi’s hand.

 

“Good night~” Soonyi bowed down as well.

 

Then as they finish saying their goodbyes, Jonghun and Soonyi left the restaurant as they started to walk along the nightly streets. Soonyi was curious of just where the both of them were going. She looked at Jonghun who was looking around and enjoying the night lights. She also noticed that they were still holding hands again and she started to feel uncomfortable.

 

“Jonghun.. your hand again.” She told him as she looked down. Jonghun looked at her then looked down at where she was referring to.

 

“oh, sorry~.. it’s been a habit whenever we were around our parents. I'm sorry..”

 

“haha, it’s okay~.. but Jonghun where are we heading?”

 

“I don’t know.” Jonghun simply said, shrugging his shoulders. “All I was planning was to get out of that place.. because another minute of my mother’s talking, i just can't take”

 

“Haha, Jonghun-oppa~ don’t be so mean to your mother. She was just being nice and making small talk” Soonyi giggled at Jonghun comment. She never knew this side of Jonghun, wanting to ditch something for his own benefit. He was always an obedient son.

 

“I was also saving you, you know” Jonghun chuckled. “i can see how uncomfortable you were…”

 

“ah, really?... sorry about that..”

 

“no need to say sorry. My mother makes everyone feel uncomfortable whenever she talk to them.”

 

“ahh.. I see.” Soonyi looked away, but then the smell of Ddeokbokki, Ho Ddeok, Mandu, and much more caught her attention. It was street stall and it made her hungry.

 

“Soonyi-ah..” Jonghun called her attention back to him again. “are you still hungry?”

 

“oh, no no.. it’s okay, I was just distracted by something.”

 

 “by food?” Jonghun rised one brow in amusement as he saw Soonyi her lips in hungry. He knew she was hungy because she didn’t eat as much when they were at the restaurant earlier. And seeing her drooling over food was too funny. “come on, I know you are. It’ll be my treat~”

 

"b-but... ahh, okay. thanks oppa~” Soonyi thanked him in defeat. She was really hungry and she can’t deny her half-empty stomach any longer.

 

“anytime~” Jonghun smiled at her as they made there way to the food stall. “two bowls of Deeokbokki and some Mandu as well.”

 

-----

 

It was already 11:35PM when Jonghun and Soonyi finally made home after a long day. They were both tired and stuff with delicious street food. All they wanted to do now was to sleep the rest of the night away.

 

“Goodnight Soonyi-ah~” Jonghun said to her before going upstairs. “tomorrow's the day. whatever happens... I just hope things don’t get any more crazy than it is now.”

 

“ahh, lets hope not.” Soonyi sighed. “Goodnight, Jonghun-oppa~”

 

After Soonyi noticed that Jonghun was out of her sight, she when into the kitchen to get a drink of water before going to bed. As she walk lazily inside, she had notice that the refrigerator door was open already and that someone was there. She was surprise to Hongki there.

 

“Hongki?” Soonyi called out his name just to make sure.

 

“oh, Soonyi-ah~ you’re home already?” She saw him looking a little drunk.

 

“yeah… Hongki are you drunk?” She asked him, very worried.

 

“am i?.. I forgot after my forth glass of beer. Haha~” He came closer to her and she could already smell the alcohol on him. She had never seem him like this better, because she always made sure to watch his alcohol limit.

 

“Hongki.. come on now. you’re drunk, lets go to your room.” Soonyi tried to guide Hongki upstairs, but Hongki only moved away from her. “Hongki come on. Let’s go…”

 

“Do you still love me?” Hongki blurted out, making Soonyi freeze from what she was doing. Hongki took the advantage and turned around to look at Soonyi deep into her eyes. “Soonyi-ah… I still love you. I always have..”

 

“Hongki.. I-I…” Soonyi was taken aback by Hongki’s sudden confession. She thought that she was just talking nonsense because he was drunk. But from the look in his eyes, she knew was true.

 

“please… Don’t marry Jonghun. I won’t let you. Please…”  Hongki was starting to beg as he grabbed her right  hand and interlaced their fingers together. Once he did that, she couldn't take it anymore… she didn’t know what her heart felt anymore. Did she still love him or was her heart already somewhere else now? She just kept looking at him as he continued. “Soonyi-ah… please don't. I love you.”

 

With that Soonyi had no other choice but run upstairs and leave the drunken Hongki all alone. It was too much for her. If she didn’t leave when she did, she would have fallen right to the ground and start crying like there was no tomorrow. Once she was upstairs, she slowly tried to catch her breath. When she did, she was quietly making her way to her room when when she notice someone come out. It was Minhwan.

 

“Minhwannie? what were you doing in my room?” Soonyi seemed to startle him. 

 

“o-oh, Noona. You’re home.” Minhwan said, surprised. As Soonyi looked at him, she saw him looking worst than she had last saw him. It wasn't the Minhwannie she knew, he looked more sad and gloomy and it made her heart sink.

 

“Minhwannie, you don’t look good. Are you okay?”

 

“I'm fine, Noona.. I'm--” Minhwan paused. “Actually Noona, I’m not fine. I’m tired…”

 

“then you should go rest now.” Soonyi tried to bring Minhwan to his room but he too doesn't want to listen as he pulled away.

 

“no, not that!” Minhwan exclaimed, frightening Soonyi a bit. Seeing Minhwan's angry was almost as scary as Hongki’s angry. Minhwan noticed her discomfort so he took a deep breath before continuing. “Noona.. can I tell you to truth?”

 

“of course Minhwannie~ always” Soonyi reassured him as she started to gently his arm with her hand. He looked at it and took another deep breath as he felt so distressed.

 

“and that you wouldn’t be frighten again by what I’m about to say?” Soonyi just nodded this time. “I don’t like that you’re getting married. In fact, I hate it... so much”

 

“huh? why?” Soonyi asked confused. “Minhwannie, you shouldn’t--”

 

“Soonyi…” Minhwan called her name, that made her looked at him in shock. This is the frist time she ever heard Minhwan call her by her name instead of 'Noona'. “Soonyi-ah… I love you.”

 

“wha… Minhwannie. I don’t know…” Soonyi was speechless for the second time tonight.

 

“it’s okay if you don’t love me back. I understand.” Minhwan told her. He started to caress her cheek gently with his hand as he softly smiled. “I just wanted to get it off my chest… it feels great getting out too. Huh~. well let go to sleep now, Noona. You have a big day tomorrow remember?”

 

Minhwan then leaned in closer as he kissed her forehead goodnight before he left to go his room. Soonyi just stood there, too frozen to even realized that Minhwan had left already. Two confession in one night, and her wedding was tomorrow. So much was on her mind now and she can barely think straight. She had all these options running through her head and every one of them were pulling her from one side to the other. She had to figure out and make up to mind of what she was going to do… and she had to make it fast. 

 

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ 
kind of a long chapter this one.. haha, got a little carried away while writing  ><;
so what you guys think? about the sudden confessions and all... hehe


@jaceBlue: haha, yeah... hongki is pretty scary right? lol but i'm sure he's not that violent though xD and yup.. Minhwan is so hurt about hearing it. but let's not lose hope for him :) hehe 
@baboprimadonna: aww, thanks~ i'm glad you do^^ and yeah, that last chapter was pretty short so i hope this chapter can make up for that one :)
@geneva: what's so funny? xD btw, thanks for reading ^^